Confirmed with Link: Canucks sign G Jiri Patera to 2-Year, 2-Way Contract ($775K)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017

Figured this could use its own thread.

Seems like a starter 1A/1B type for Abbotsford. Splitting time with Tolopilo, while maybe pushing Silovs for the backup role?

Ty Young was signed as well. So, one of Silovs/Tolopilo will backup in Van. The other would then be the 3rd goalie on the depth chart and AHL starter. See which of the 2 Young/Patera wins the backup role in Abby.

alternate

Win the week!
Jun 9, 2006
victoria
I was expecting this signing to have a bit more NHL experience tbh. No need go question goalie signings around here though, so I'm sure he'll be fine.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
I was expecting this signing to have a bit more NHL experience tbh. No need go question goalie signings around here though, so I'm sure he'll be fine.

Yeah, good platoon guy for Abbotsford but I was expecting more of a Martin Jones type with lots of experience if Silovs faltered as opposed to another youngish guy with even less NHL experience than Silovs.

Reactions: timw33

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
I like this signing. The rumors of DeSmith returning worried me.
Kind of shocked that DeSmith got a three year deal at $1m a year. Patera is a lot younger and a lot bigger......and has a chance to develop in Abbotsford. Seems to Canucks find a goaltender somewhere every year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad