2024 Draft: 3rd Pick - Connor Clattenburg (F)

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
Not that I care for a 5th but I’ll never understand these type of picks

When has it ever worked out lol? It seems better to draft a smaller skilled player

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Considering the guys that we pocked afterwards they must've really liked him to have taken him at this pick. I love physical players more than most people do. Someone must have some intel on him IMO.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Can barely find video of this dude. Hope someone smart on the Oilers has an inside line on this kid.

Oilers4life1987

Oct 20, 2010
I didn't get this pick either, are we back to draft big coke machines who hit everything and pan out as nothing. We should be drafting BPA in those rounds. Romani is a thought.

OHL Fan

Mar 5, 2020
As we saw in the Stanley cup finals, the Oilers needed some physical toughness and this kid may be a a power forward to open up lanes for the skilled.
He played top minutes against London in playoffs and seemed to physically control their top guys.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Seeing this kid in his prospect development camp scrum he is an absolute unit. Was on his way to the LA Kings development camp but turned around since we drafted him. Said that he moved into a top line role with Flint and it helped him a lot with his numbers and to get drafted. He idolizes Brady Tkachuk, at least it's the tough brother.

Reactions: Biltmore

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Some of his work.

Reactions: Game 8

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
Seems like a bit of a clown with the gestures after the fights. Don’t like the way his skates kept coming up in that third fight either. Pretty decisive wins on the first two.

Donner

Jul 16, 2022
Why make this pick? In UFA this year you could have signed 7 similar players for cheap. The odds this type of player even sniffs 3rd line in the AHL is nominal

Why not swing for the fences with a high upside prospect with skill

No more Mitch Moroz picks please

Donner

Jul 16, 2022
Mitch Moroz was the right pick at the time. The whole hockey world thought so.
Maybe Bob Stauffer and co enamored with any and all Oil Kings players.

Moroz had 25 points, was drafted in the 2nd round and was not known for defensively ability. He had size, truculunce, and the Oil Kings sweater. He had bust written all over him from day 1

Reactions: Jarvi

gordonhught

Feb 18, 2009
Maybe Bob Stauffer and co enamored with any and all Oil Kings players.

Moroz had 25 points, was drafted in the 2nd round and was not known for defensively ability. He had size, truculunce, and the Oil Kings sweater. He had bust written all over him from day 1
Oilers did not develop him properly. Could have been the next Jamie Benn.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad