Confirmed with Link: Canucks sign forward Vilmer Alriksson to 3 year ELC

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

LemonSauceD

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver
Oh boy. I mean he’s definitely an intriguing prospect but being a 0.5ppg in the OHL is not good. He needs to have at least a PPG season to show he’s worth it.

Grip it N RYP it

Apr 20, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
giphy.gif

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
The way they were raving about him during the young stars tournament made this inevitable.

Not sure I see the need to sign him now rather than after he season but, like Mynio and Young, they seem to believe there’s a large development benefit to getting these some financial boost now.

LordBacon

CEO of sh*tposting
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Hong Kong
If benning did this I’d be calling this a bit of a premature signing but this management team earned their benefits of the doubt.

Kid impressed and earned himself a nice paycheque. Happy for him.

Last edited:

dbaz

Jan 29, 2010
Lots to like about him but if he does make it, it's going to be years. Worth an elc but not worth getting too excited about now

Jovofan

Apr 26, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Pretty solid move. He's clearly not going to make the team but I think a contract rewards him for a good camp and decent pre-season so he can go back to juniors feeling appreciated and motivated to continue working hard.

cc

Feb 28, 2002
Tocchet loves the kid. Indicated that he's very coachable and that there is a lot of room for development. The signing suggests they will be keeping close tabs on his development over the coming season

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria
Another example of how they are acquiring/signing people first talent second

Emphasis on coachability and adaptability. If you arent all in but can dipsy doo.. dipsy doo out back

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
Can’t coach size. Lots of tools to work with and the Nucks staff will be following him and helping him along the way.
Ya, when we were selecting the WJC team's in the 90's the common thought was we want players that duck walking into a room, we can teach skating, of course this didn't mean talent was ignored.

Paulinbc

Sep 5, 2015
Kid oozes humility. Wants to lear. Let him be that sponge as he grows his game in Junior. Very happy to see this from him and for him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad