Confirmed with Link: Canucks sign F Danton Heinen to 2-Year, $2.25M AAV Contract

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
I like this signing. Seems like a much better player than the Virtanen for Heinen days.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Good contract for a good player. Worth the extra cost over a Lafferty-type. Things are getting pretty full on the wings in the top-9 though - wonder if we see a trade.

I don’t think they’re full really.

Hoglander - Pettersson - DeBrusk
Heinen - Miller - Boeser
Joshua - Blueger - Garland
PDG - Suter - Sherwood
Ex: Aman, Podkolzin

Seems like a pretty set forward group with lots of versatility unless they want to make a big move. I’m assuming Suter would move back to center with the Heinen addition. Aman isn’t really good enough to be an everyday player

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
He was on my ufa wishlist as a "sign him after all the money gets spent on day 1" so ideally he was a bit cheaper but I think he's that 3rd wheel you throw on a line with 2 better players and he's solid.

Totally fine this deal. This and Sherwood's deal are both solid.

potatowejj

Oct 22, 2019
Tidy bit of work shoring up the middle/bottom 6 with this, the Joshua contract, and the Sherwood contract all at reasonable AAV/term. Looking pretty solid in terms of depth at forward over the next couple of years, which was at times a liability last season when Joshua was injured.

cc

Feb 28, 2002
I wanted him years ago before when he was cheap. This is more than I wanted to pay for him.

Reactions: lawrence

pitseleh

Jul 30, 2005
Vancouver
I don’t think they’re full really.

Hoglander - Pettersson - DeBrusk
Heinen - Miller - Boeser
Joshua - Blueger - Garland
PDG - Suter - Sherwood
Ex: Aman, Podkolzin

Seems like a pretty set forward group with lots of versatility unless they want to make a big move. I’m assuming Suter would move back to center with the Heinen addition. Aman isn’t really good enough to be an everyday player
Yeah, fair. I’ve assumed the team sees Suter as a winger who can play centre but that configuration makes sense.

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
I like it. Another depth signing with little to no term and low AAV. This dude can play at the NHL level and isn't a liability. The Canucks had a good day today by not overpaying and improving their team. I think Management has done a great job so far.

Bitz and Bites

May 5, 2012
Victoria
For 2.25M, I wonder why we didn’t add a bit more term? This seems like a bit of a bargain deal that might be hard to repeat if Heinen gets top six usage and puts up 50 points a season.
Guess we deal with that if it happens.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Between Suter, Heinen, and Sherwood, Allvin is adding a lot of My Guys that I've talked about acquiring.

This is an excellent deal. Heinen is a jack-of-all-trades two-way forward. Pretty strong shot/chance impacts, has enough skill to make some plays off the rush, solid on exits, and has some forechecking ability. Drop him and Debrusk next to Petey and let 'em cook.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad