Confirmed with Link: Canucks sign F Daniel Sprong to 1-Year Deal ($975K)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
This general manager and President just gets it.

Strike the players you want, save some cap, and pick up some decent value later.

It’s common sense, but it’s nice that they are actually following on it, unlike the past.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Hope it's on the cheap. Was hoping we would have a couple spots for opportunity but injuries will happen i guess and he can score goals.

My arguments be damned as this management team would know the player better than i do. Just never a big fan hope to be swayed different

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Hope it's on the cheap. Was hoping we would have a couple spots for opportunity but injuries will happen i guess and he can score goals.

My arguments be damned as this management team would know the player better than i do. Just never a big fan hope to be swayed different

It's a 1y/0.975m contract.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
I wonder if this opens up trading Hoglander for a top 4 D.

I will be OK with it
The Hoglander equation is pretty simple.

Organization has to be confident he will play as he did in the regular season come the upcoming playoffs.

If they don’t think he can, he’s a bad bet short term bc he won’t help in games that matter. Also long term, a (likely) good regular season performance means he’ll be in for a contract that no one will want around the league.

if there’s a way to turn hoglander + contract + pick into something at RD or C, it’s definitely something to look at.

LemonSauceD

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver
The Hoglander equation is pretty simple.

Organization has to be confident he will play as he did in the regular season come the upcoming playoffs.

If they don’t think he can, he’s a bad bet short term bc he won’t help in games that matter. Also long term, a (likely) good regular season performance means he’ll be in for a contract that no one will want around the league.

if there’s a way to turn hoglander + contract + pick into something at RD or C, it’s definitely something to look at.
I’d gladly trade Hoglander, Suter, and a 1st + extra pick for someone like Sillinger. Or obviously if there’s something better available.

Hoglander and to a lesser extent Suter are expendable.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad