Confirmed with Link: Canucks sign D Derek Forbort to 1-Year, $1.5M AAV Contract

HockeyWooot

Jan 28, 2020
This, or they do a minor deal including Juulsen and push Forbort down. The target has to be an upgrade on Forbort, who is just a placeholder imo.

I think Desharnais signals the end of Juulsen here.

My guess is that they're eyeing Marcus Pettersson later in the year, just like the Oilers would be, or looking at what happens to Matthias Samuelsson in BUF.

Forbort was their worst signing of the day, but he's also the one with the least term.
Yeah that’s probably right. 1.5m at 1 year is a low risk flyer- he can either step up and give you legit 3rd pair value or disappoints.

This group has shown they are willing to correct their mistakes quickly.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Canucks might have one of the biggest bluelines in the entire.....unfortunately in terms of mobility it might have the turning radius of a Humvee.

Still think at some point they're going to have to find some guy with a bit more mobility, who can beat the forecheck with finesse and transition the puck quickly. Maybe a guy like Cole McWard or Jett Woo steps up big-time in training camp.

But more likely they just 'get by' this season and open up a spot for Wilander next season. The other option is splitting up Hughes and Hronek, and hope that Hronek can anchor a second pairing.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Derek is a dog lover. He adopted Darla when she was older.

Bruins fans loved Darla stories. Sadly, she passed away in March.

1720092457213.png

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Also Derek Sanderson went into the Bs locker room to meet Forbort

It makes sense that Derek Forbort eventually made his way to Boston. His dad named him after Bruins legend Derek Sanderson. “I actually was named after Derek Sanderson,” the Bruins defenseman said Thursday over Zoom. “He was my dad’s favorite player. That was my first hockey card that I had in my room, was a Derek Sanderson card.”
1720092624042.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad