Post-Game Talk: Canucks shutout again; Hello Again Kesler Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

HSD19

Feb 19, 2009
FWIW, our leading scorers (Daniel and Henrik) have less than half as many points as Crosby.

The last time our leading scorer was lapped by the league leader, was in 08-09 when Jagr (also a Penguin, of course) had 127, to Naslund's 66 points.

Jagr was in the KHL in 08-09...

yoss

May 25, 2011
Why does Burrows look so horrible out there all of a sudden? That whole first line in fact, even when Daniel wasn't injured.

Don't tell me it's age, he looked far better earlier in the year even if he wasn't scoring. Now he can't make it through the neutral zone without getting stripped and is useless even when they do manage to enter the zone, same with Henrik lately, pretty much besides the odd pass in front that either nobody is there for or capitalizes on.

And the twins were rolling pretty good early in the year, something's seriously up. We need our first line to contribute. I realize it's likely too late now, still I'd be ok with losing if Burr & Hank get on the score sheet with a few points or a goal here and there. (and Daniel when he returns)

Last edited:

Jack Tripper

Vey Falls Down
Dec 15, 2009
Perth, WA
meh...with luongo traded, kesler about to be traded, and the gm officially signalling that the rebuild is on, ill give the players a mulligan on this one considering that alot of them are wondering about which city theyre going to live in starting tomorrow

unfortunately all the canucks can do to fix top line scoring for next season is to cross their fingers and hope that the 2014 no show for the sedins / burrows is completely caused by injury...if the issues run deeper for those 3 players then they can retool all they want but theyll have a pretty poor team next season

yoss

May 25, 2011
If you mean mulligan for the game then I fully agree, just seems an anomaly to me for the top line to just suddenly shut down completely.

Last edited:

MrShift4

GRRRR.......Babe
Aug 17, 2011
Calgary
Yeah.......thought about that after posting

Too bad it wasn't the senior
We could have used a couple of goals lol

wholesickcrew

May 7, 2010
Toronto
Why does Burrows look so horrible out there all of a sudden? That whole first line in fact, even when Daniel wasn't injured.

Don't tell me it's age, he looked far better earlier in the year even if he wasn't scoring. Now he can't make it through the neutral zone without getting stripped and is useless even when they do manage to enter the zone, same with Henrik lately, pretty much besides the odd pass in front that either nobody is there for or capitalizes on.

And the twins were rolling pretty good early in the year, something's seriously up. We need our first line to contribute. I realize it's likely too late now, still I'd be ok with losing if Burr & Hank get on the score sheet with a few points or a goal here and there. (and Daniel when he returns)

They had their best game in a while when they were all re-united, healthy, and chin guard-less. And then Daniel got injured. There just doesn't seem to be a chance to get any flow going...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad