Post-Game Talk: Canucks shutout again; Hello Again Kesler Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

mrmyheadhurts

Registered Boozer
Mar 22, 2007
Vancouver
Lack was great, but the Canucks played their worst game in a long, long time. They all look like they hate hockey and want the season over with asap. I counted 3 scoring chances... for the whole game. Mike Smith will never get an easier shut-out.

tc 23

#GaunceForGM
Dec 11, 2012
Vancouver
Lack was great, but the Canucks played their worst game in a long, long time. They all look like they hate hockey and want the season over with asap. I counted 3 scoring chances... for the whole game. Mike Smith will never get an easier shut-out.

I wasn't able to catch the game but was it really that bad? The last shutout Mike Smith had against us was also dubbed the easiest shut out he'll ever have.

John Bender*

It's hard to say I'm happy with this result, because I'm never happy to see the Canucks lose. I'm just not programmed that way...

...but...

It's best the team loses as much as possible down the stretch and lands a top 6 draft pick. The team is horrible, and it's going nowhere. Making a haphazard run at the playoffs does the franchise more harm than good in the big picture.

This season is just a write off. Get younger and come back next year with some new pieces in the core that can breathe some life into something so stagnant.

Even if they were battling and scrapping every game, you would not mind seeing them take a shot at the Ducks or whoever in the first round. However.....the way they are going now, if they were to make it, they'd be swept.

thekernel

Apr 11, 2011
With all this pessimism, scoring inability, roster shakeups, stretches of despair, and overall lack of faith in the team from everyone, I'd say it's the perfect time for an underdog run. If the Canucks squeaked into the playoffs on the last day, nobody would take them seriously. Nobody has reason to take them seriously now. Less pressure to perform :P

Mofletz

Aug 28, 2006
Also, let's not forget that if we say had the 6th overall pick, that means we get the sixth pick in *every* round.

You make it seem like the Canucks will be able to pick a better player with the 36th pick.

The canucks recent history shows that if the pick is not top 10 their players become border line NHL players.

The scouts for this organization are going to make us into the next oilers. stuck in rebuilding limbo

keslerbomb

Dec 13, 2011
Victoria
sorry but playoff is not out of reach.......go cheer for another team if you want the team to fail. Would be nice to knock out a top seed, and yes they just need to overcome all the issues

Look man, I agree that it sucks to see the team fail. I hate watching the Canucks lose. But you have to admit our talent poor has run dry. With the Sedins aging and regressing, and Kesler looking to be on his way out, what else do we have? Do you really want to push and get 8th/9th and bounced in the first round, and then no picks to show for it? Horvat Shinkaruk and Jensen are not enough to replenish this team once the Sedins go, and we desperately need more blue chip prospects to help them out. It's in the organizations best interest to get a high pick this year and probably next year as well. Combine that with whatever we get for Kesler/Edler and we can probably field a decent team in a few seasons.

canuck4life16

It what it is-mccann
May 29, 2008
Vancity
With all this pessimism, scoring inability, roster shakeups, stretches of despair, and overall lack of faith in the team from everyone, I'd say it's the perfect time for an underdog run. If the Canucks squeaked into the playoffs on the last day, nobody would take them seriously. Nobody has reason to take them seriously now. Less pressure to perform :P

This would be amazing but the odds is so low........I don't think any team that can't score goal would somehow sneak into the playoffs....maybe the player just want deadline to be over because it always a distraction

KeninsFan

Fire Benning already
Feb 6, 2012

My biggest hope is that the players we acquire after our deals won't know any better and we squeak into the playoffs as a #8 seed.

Once we're in anything can happen.

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
Did the Rangers have this much trouble scoring last year? WTF........this is insane.

No they didn't. This is why I refuse to blame Tortorella. Given the kind of kind of style the Canucks needed to play to be successful in the West, and given the kind of kick in the pants they needed, Tortorella was just about as good a hire as any.

It's this team that has sucked. Bottom line.

CanucksSayEh

Apr 6, 2012
Sharks top 3 players, same age as ours, while our guys have been better for the last half decade, yet their top 2 together are outscoring our top 3 combined.

y2kcanucks

Better than you
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
My biggest hope is that the players we acquire after our deals won't know any better and we squeak into the playoffs as a #8 seed.

Once we're in anything can happen.

I'd rather Buffalo, Edmonton and Calgary catch us and we end up with Reinhart. Would be more exciting than watching the Canucks get smashed in the first round again.

CanucksSayEh

Apr 6, 2012
I would look to move up for Reinhart. If we can get an extra 1st with Hansen tommorow, add that to our top 10 pick..good start. Reinhart/Horvat could be a good 1-2 punch, with Kesler here to facilitate the transition. Edler for a winger as well.

onimod

Oct 26, 2013
My guess is that there is something seriously wrong inside the dressing room.
Maybe it's the coach and the players have already decided he should go.
Maybe it's one (or more) of the core players wanting out?
Maybe someone has messed with someone else's wife?
There is the stink of betrayal or deceit about the way they're playing without any joy or creativity.

canuck4life16

It what it is-mccann
May 29, 2008
Vancity
Sharks top 3 players, same age as ours, while our guys have been better for the last half decade, yet their top 2 together are outscoring our top 3 combined.

Daniel and Henrik just having an awful year they will be fine next year......you know that they will have to adjust to Tortorella system and all

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
What went wrong is that the Sedins and Burrows stopped scoring. People looking any farther beyond that are trying to hard.

Pretty much. 22 goals total in 62+ games for the trio. They are the difference. Hopefully, Henrik's known injuries and Daniel's undisclosed injuries are what has held them back.

canuck4life16

It what it is-mccann
May 29, 2008
Vancity
What went wrong is that the Sedins and Burrows stopped scoring. People looking any farther beyond that are trying to hard.

Burrows was not healthy to start the year, and twins was fine for a couple of months and then bang they stopped scoring completely. It does not help that henrik got hurt and is not 100% I presmed a healthy Henrik Sedin would be quite good

canuck4life16

It what it is-mccann
May 29, 2008
Vancity
Pretty much. 22 goals total in 62+ games for the trio. They are the difference. Hopefully, Henrik's known injuries and Daniel's undisclosed injuries are what has held them back.

I think so, we know a healthy henrik is not this bad. He would probably be able to get a point or two

canuck4life16

It what it is-mccann
May 29, 2008
Vancity

maybe a factor is the increasing of work like the addition of twins playing the PK and also the PP and ES finally got to them.......they never play higher than 20 mins a night . I guess if we have stronger center strength it would relieve some of their PK duties since they should not really be on. I think torts should just leave them off and just focus on offense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad