Confirmed with Link: Canucks Re-Signs F Zack Kassian to a 2-Year, $3.5M Deal ($1.75AAV)

Reverend Mayhem

Tell me all your thoughts on God
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
There were like 3 Canucks who had good seasons last year, Kassian, Tanev, and Stanton. Oh and maybe Lack.

Geez what a godawful year it was.

Losing Torts is addition by subtraction. Glad we kept Gulutzan. Hope Kassian can keep progressing, he's starting to become a special player. Still wish he had hits that were big and clean, though.

But I think in Friedman's 30 Thoughts and NHL executive said he'd be an all-star or out of the league. Looking good so far. You can tell Kassian is dedicated physically.

Rex Banner

Custom User Title
Aug 22, 2013
Torts was a cancer for everyone. Give him credit for Kassian's work if you want, but to me Kassian grew in spite of him.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
He's been overly aggressive in his fights imo. He's used to being able to take one to throw one I think... not so much in the NHL. He needs to pick his spots with his left a little better. Pretty typical of a young guy finding his way though.

I'm a little surprised that he seems to be getting so much respect already. The guy puts an end to a scrum after a whistle quickly. Very few guys even seem interested in looking at him. It's a lot more fun to watch then Burrows biting and hair pulling people in those scrums :laugh:

Yep. Kassian needs to work on his technique and it would be better if he can strap on that helmet tighter which will protect him a bit better. He's at a severe disadvantage when he is punching helmet and the other guy is punching him in the head.

As for respect. I actually am not surprised. Kassian has some craziness in him and he is a big guy who throws wildly. Probably not worth it to go with a guy like that for most players.

moog35

Jul 25, 2007
Yep. Kassian needs to work on his technique and it would be better if he can strap on that helmet tighter which will protect him a bit better. He's at a severe disadvantage when he is punching helmet and the other guy is punching him in the head.

As for respect. I actually am not surprised. Kassian has some craziness in him and he is a big guy who throws wildly. Probably not worth it to go with a guy like that for most players.

Kassian just throws bombs wildly, he doesn't wrestle or tie up, that has to intimidate guys knowing that he will just be throwing wildly. He kind of reminds me of Jovanovski when he drops the gloves, wild fights with little technique :yo:

sk8er

Nov 8, 2008
I'm a little surprised that he seems to be getting so much respect already. The guy puts an end to a scrum after a whistle quickly. Very few guys even seem interested in looking at him. It's a lot more fun to watch then Burrows biting and hair pulling people in those scrums :laugh:
Im sorry if this seems picky but I really hate the fact that our own fans label Burrows a chronic biter and hair puller.. He's not the first, nor will he be the last, but he gets labelled as such.. If somebody stuck their stinky gloved finger in your mouth, what would you do?? Kiss it?? Yes, he got caught pulling hair once, but lots of players do it. Im not singling you out Scurr, because you are a good poster.. That statement just pissed me off...:pout:

Scurr

Jun 25, 2009
Whalley
Im sorry if this seems picky but I really hate the fact that our own fans label Burrows a chronic biter and hair puller.. He's not the first, nor will he be the last, but he gets labelled as such.. If somebody stuck their stinky gloved finger in your mouth, what would you do?? Kiss it?? Yes, he got caught pulling hair once, but lots of players do it. Im not singling you out Scurr, because you are a good poster.. That statement just pissed me off...:pout:

You know what pisses me off? When guys who play for the team I cheer for do things that are impossible to defend and embarrass the franchise. Even worse when they do it twice.

arsmaster*

You know what pisses me off? When guys who play for the team I cheer for do things that are impossible to defend and embarrass the franchise. Even worse when they do it twice.

You wouldn't pull a guys hair if he was on top of you with his fingers in your mouth reefing on your cheeks?

If not. You're tuff.

CloutierForVezina

May 13, 2009
Edmonton, Alberta

Biting is a cowardly, dirty, underhanded thing to do in a fight. It's despicable.

With that said, if you decide to stick your ****ing dirty fingers in my mouth, I am going to chomp down. Hard.

No respect lost for Burrows by biting someone who was fish-hooking him. It's not like he's a Suarez who goes around looking for people to bite, completely unprovoked.

Scurr

Jun 25, 2009
Whalley
You wouldn't pull a guys hair if he was on top of you with his fingers in your mouth reefing on your cheeks?

If not. You're tuff.

I've been in hundreds of these scrums and never bit or pulled anyones hair.

Biting is a cowardly, dirty, underhanded thing to do in a fight. It's despicable.

With that said, if you decide to stick your ****ing dirty fingers in my mouth, I am going to chomp down. Hard.

No respect lost for Burrows by biting someone who was fish-hooking him. It's not like he's a Suarez who goes around looking for people to bite, completely unprovoked.

I regret bringing this up.

Last edited:

settinguptheplay

Classless Canuck Fan
Apr 3, 2008
Burrows pulled Duncan Keith's hair because Keith was fish hooking Burrows. I have no problem with this. Fights can get dirty and both players did their part.

Burrows bite Bergeron because Bergeron stuck his finger in Burrows mouth. If you taunt someone to do something and they do it... Then you are the fool. Not the one who bit you.

DadBod

Sep 1, 2009
Coquitlam
If someone had me in a headlock and was fish-hooking me I'd reach up and grab whatever I could as well. Burrows reached up and grabbed what he could, it happened to be hair. In that instance, if you're judging "dirtiness" or unfair tactics a fish-hook is a lot worse then a hair pull, so I'm not sure why Burrows gets labelled dirty on that one.

Biting is different. Biting is dirty. But if I was pissed off, in the heat of battle, angry, testosterone on max and some son-of-a-B stuck his fingers down my throat I'd bite his damn hand right off.

Last edited:

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
This going to be a breakthrough season for him, I predict 50 points, 8 fights. In Theory, Burrows-Bonino-Kassian should be a good line

a Fool

Emperor has no picks
Mar 14, 2014
The next Bertuzzi John Garrett?

Nov1313_scf_16_slide.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad