Confirmed with Link: Canucks Re-Signs F Zack Kassian to a 2-Year, $3.5M Deal ($1.75AAV)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BobbyJazzLegs

Sorry 4 Acting Werd
Oct 15, 2013
Can someone (can I?) change my "Registered User" to "Sorry for acting werd"? Or "acting werd" at the very least???

SighReally

Sep 6, 2011
By the sounds of it Kassian is taking his offseason training fairly seriously. Seems like he's in decent shape right now. Good to hear.

Ryp37

Nov 6, 2011
Over, 45-50

This is assuming he sticks on the second line as well as the #2 PP

Jimson Hogarth*

Nov 21, 2013
Points Over/Under

You taking the over or the under?
I honestly think 42.5 is too high. At this early point, without seeing training camp or seeing some preliminary line combo's in preseason I would go under. His full time linemates aren't defined right now. I could see him settling on the 3rd line to bring some size if Vey is the Center.

Obviously it also comes down to how much PP time Kassian gets, and how improved the PP units are. If Kassian gets decent 2nd unit PP time on an improved PP, I could see him hitting 40 points.

Ho Borvat

Sep 29, 2009
Over, 45-50

This is assuming he sticks on the second line as well as the #2 PP

I honestly think 42.5 is too high. At this early point, without seeing training camp or seeing some preliminary line combo's in preseason I would go under. His full time linemates aren't defined right now. I could see him settling on the 3rd line to bring some size if Vey is the Center.

Obviously it also comes down to how much PP time Kassian gets, and how improved the PP units are. If Kassian gets decent 2nd unit PP time on an improved PP, I could see him hitting 40 points.

Managed a 33 point pace, while only getting 40 seconds of PP time/game last year.

Theres still lots of variables (line mates, PP time, etc) but I am having a hard time thinking on if I go over or under... I would probably take the under... but reasonably see him being 15 goals/25 assists territory.. so its close.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Points Over/Under

You taking the over or the under?

So everyone gets a feel of this 43 points would be about top 120 for forwards.

He had 29 points last year in 73 games. A 33 point pace. From January 1 he was essentially a 40 point pace player.

I'm going over.

Ho Borvat

Sep 29, 2009
I'll take the over as well. 20 + 25 = 45.

Wouldn't be surprised @ 50-55 if he finds chemistry with Bonino.

Just from watching them both play, I think they'll actually have pretty good chemistry.

I honestly don't think Bonino will hit 40 next year, and I think Kass will be in the low 40's.

I liked a lot of what I saw with Matthias and Kassian last year, but they didn't exactly produce.. but I saw some good chemistry between them.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Oct/Nov: 23gms, 5g, 6pts, 0.26 PPG
Dec/Jan: 27gms, 5g, 10pts, 0.37 PPG
Feb-Apr: 23gms, 4g 13pts, 0.55 PPG

Since Jan 1st, 38gms, 20pts, 0.53 PPG

I'm expecting another developmental step this yr.

I'm expecting At Minimum he'll be a 0.50 PPG player.
I hoping and will be optimistic he breaches 0.60 PPG this season... (50 pts over a full season)... that would be a VERY nice developmental step to see outta him...

So I'll take the over on 42.5.

Ho Borvat

Sep 29, 2009

I hoping and will be optimistic he breaches 0.60 PPG this season... (50 pts over a full season)... that would be a VERY nice developmental step to see outta him...

Thanks for the breakdown. Haven't seen his season broken down into ~1/3's before.

I am hoping we can see more out of him in terms of consistency with his physical play. If he isn't scoring I would like to have him bring the kind of energy/forechecking that Higgins/Honey Badger bring.

If he can be a 40 + point energy guy next year I will be happy. I just want him to look more busy when he plays (if that makes sense).

TheWanderer

Nov 15, 2013

He showed a lot of improvement at a stage where the entire team was falling apart horribly. This is when he was playing with Matthias and Richardson, wasn't it? Or was he playing with Kesler?

Last edited:

a Fool

Emperor has no picks
Mar 14, 2014
Thought I'd celebrate the Pat Maroon signing (ANA) with this nice turtle:

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
I am hoping we can see more out of him in terms of consistency with his physical play. If he isn't scoring I would like to have him bring the kind of energy/forechecking that Higgins/Honey Badger bring.

If he can be a 40 + point energy guy next year I will be happy. I just want him to look more busy when he plays (if that makes sense).

Kassian is not going to be an energy player. That was never his game. He has always been more of a predatory hitter. I too would like Kassian to up his physical play a bit but not at the expense of his offensive game. I rather Kassian play an all around game put up 55+ using his big body and playmaking skills with the occasional big hits and fights than Kassian trying to hit everything that moves and get into fights if he can't do that an put up points.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad