Confirmed with Link: Canucks Re-Sign Mark Friedman to a 1y/775k Contract

thecupismine

Apr 1, 2007
Solid. Knows the system, was perfectly serviceable as a number 7/8 guy. Contract can easily be buried in the minors if we find upgrades on the blueline.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Interesting. Didn't have that one on my bingo card.

Solid cheap depth, though, and it isn't like we have guys in Abbotsford really knocking down the door.

He was literally the guy I had on my Capfriendly as my "placeholder minimum wage defensemen" contract. :laugh:

No objection to this. Solid enough when called upon, and hard to argue with minimum wage. Didn't think he'd be the second guy to sign after Hronek, though!

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
No problem with this, overall he looked pretty good this year but kind of struggled later in the season.

Makes me wonder if they think they're going to sign a LHD to play RD again, since both he and Juulsen are right shots.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Interesting. Didn't have that one on my bingo card.

Solid cheap depth, though, and it isn't like we have guys in Abbotsford really knocking down the door.

Me neither.
Benning Bingo.png

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
No problem with this, overall he looked pretty good this year but kind of struggled later in the season.

Makes me wonder if they think they're going to sign a LHD to play RD again, since both he and Juulsen are right shots.

I doubt it, they'll probably sign Dillon and run Hughes-Soucy-Dillon down the left. Ideally they'd add another right-side guy higher up the depth chart and run Juulsen/Friedman as #7/#8. I don't think either are really full-time guys.

Lat

Oct 12, 2005
Good re-signing. He was good as a #7/8. Arguably more reliable than Juulsen given he doesn't try to throw huge hits that put him way out of position.

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
Playing Juulsen over Friedman in the playoff game where Soucy was (ridiculously) suspended was a major mistake.
Everyone was holding their breath waiting for him to do the thing we’d know he do. And then he did exactly what we feared he would do by going for a huge hit and putting himself out of position which caused an Oiler 2 on 1 and goal against. Arguably series breaking goal and game.

alternate

Win the week!
Jun 9, 2006
victoria
Wouldn't surprise me if Brisebois-Juulsen is our fourth pairing while Friedman provides veteran leadership to the farm and is our first call up.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Everyone was holding their breath waiting for him to do the thing we’d know he do. And then he did exactly what we feared he would do by going for a huge hit and putting himself out of position which caused an Oiler 2 on 1 and goal against. Arguably series breaking goal and game.

In a game we lose 3-2.

Juulsen does some things well and had that one good stretch of 15 or so games when Soucy was injured but he's just not a player you can trust, in the playoffs in particular.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
I doubt it, they'll probably sign Dillon and run Hughes-Soucy-Dillon down the left. Ideally they'd add another right-side guy higher up the depth chart and run Juulsen/Friedman as #7/#8. I don't think either are really full-time guys.
I'm hopelessly alluding to Zadorov being re-signed and used as RD :laugh:

Reactions: ChilliBilly

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad