Confirmed with Link: Canucks Re-Sign Mark Friedman to a 1y/775k Contract

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

RobsonStreet

Jun 4, 2004
A number of models are trying to account for (“explain”) this result using only data tracked by the league:
D4DCF276-3E1B-4125-BB37-43A8BC7FFFD7.png

The best fitting model infers that Hughes is hard carrying Hronek based on the distance between their results when apart, even when trying to control for covariates. I see a result like this and alarm bells go off that this is an overestimate.

Hughes-Hronek, like Garland-Blueger-Joshua, just work. Don’t miss the forest from the trees.

HairyKneel

Jun 5, 2023
No problem with this, overall he looked pretty good this year but kind of struggled later in the season.

Makes me wonder if they think they're going to sign a LHD to play RD again, since both he and Juulsen are right shots.
It's June 20th Tiger.

Blue and Green

Out to lunch
Dec 17, 2017
When I was a teenager in the early 80's I had Strat-O-Matic hockey, football and baseball board games. I preferred the football and baseball games and one of the best features was that, unlike inferior competitor brands, Strat-O made sure that lesser used players with good stat averages couldn't replicate those averages if pressed into a primary role. Strat-O was designed to deliver results that would more likely emulate real-life deployment.

Some of the player evaluation models that I see nowadays don't seem to be infused with that concept.

Reactions: MS

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad