Confirmed with Link: Canucks Re-Sign G Arturs Silovs to 2-Year Contract, $0.85M AAV Contract

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ellja3

May 19, 2014
Ķekava, Latvia
That makes sense, thanks for clarifying.

It's stupid, even local media cannot get their crap together. Watching pre-game studio now (Latvia - Slovenia), where they are mixing words ''concern'' and ''injury'' in the same sentence. Maybe it's indeed a micro-injury as Irbe said in the quote above, but out-of-context headlines/reports here ever since yesterday's announcements are everywhere.

Edit: head coach talking about many factors influencing him being left out of the squad, and Šilovs feeling slight discomfort. Irbe confirming it's a micro-injury.

Nikolajs Sillers

Jan 2, 2021
That was nasty from the Canucks. We don't have s many quality goalies who can steal games. IMHO. I don't believe one bit he's injured. People don't want him play.

Last edited:

strattonius

Jul 4, 2011
Surrey, BC
Somebody needs to ask the organization at some point why the Hell this keeps happening.

While we're at it let's question every.single MLB organization who had a pitcher get Tommy John's surgery just WHY of WHY this could be happening.

Apologies for the sarcasm. But these hellbent fandom takes irritate me. What are you even questioning? Who is going to question them?

It's an overworked ligament for a goaltender, much like the ligament in the elbow for MLB pitchers. No one needs to be questioned or confronted - there is no conspiracy here.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
While we're at it let's question every.single MLB organization who had a pitcher get Tommy John's surgery just WHY of WHY this could be happening.

Apologies for the sarcasm. But these hellbent fandom takes irritate me. What are you even questioning? Who is going to question them?

It's an overworked ligament for a goaltender, much like the ligament in the elbow for MLB pitchers. No one needs to be questioned or confronted - there is no conspiracy here.

Not to take away from your post, but there's actually a good answer for that. My understanding is that pitchers these days come up trying to throw as hard as they can and often don't have the best mechanics. They therefore add extra torque and stress to their arms compared to a pitcher with smooth mechanics who don't try to throw as hard as they can to up their velocity.

I wonder if we'll see more goalies play more of a hybrid style. It would be tough going against the grain.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003

Terrible comparison. Even without the vast differences in the sports, it is anatomically a bad comparison.

The question is, why are all our goalies overworked.

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020

Not even close.

Consider past east knee injuries to other players.
Price - knee ligaments - finished his career
Selanne - knee - 3 years of playing like crap then surgeries and maore than a year of rehab then a come back and was still much slower than before
Landeskog - knee -2 years and counting
Orr - knees' -finished him.

Others I can't name off the tip of my tongue right now. Some had their careers finished or ended up being markedly slower after.

Tommy John surgery often makes the elbow stronger with almost 90+% success. I think I can remember some pitchers wanting it without a previous injury. But pitch counts I guess are reducing those.
Player with ACL/MCL surgeries don't usually come back earlier and are faster, maybe after a full year they might be able to get close. Mikheyev was just starting to get most of his speed back after close to a year after the injury.

Ya, the blind faith of fanatics, don't worry be happy. Standings don't matter, points don't matter, who is on the team doesn't matter BUT which player has a cute dog or cute nickname or flowing locks are the deciding factors.

Most posters here don't have a clue at the cost of attending a game or season tickets prices. When I had my company we spent well over 100K over some years on company tickets and watched or were told about promised improvements until they finally had a wait list and then it was you don't want they even after a decade of supporting them then don't FO angry, just FO, we have another sucker lined up.

Last edited:

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
If the LHF quotes are true, why did he only take a month off?

They got eliminated May 21, he starts training June 12? That's crazy to me.

For context, Da Beauty League started games July 10th, They're not playing super seriously so for some of the pros I'm sure that was the start of their preparation. That would have been a little under 2 months off, more for guys who didn't go deep into the playofffs.

I know Vasilevsky has taken at least two months off in the past.

Last edited:

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Assuming they're healthy, you'd have to say the Canucks have one of the most cost-effective goaltending tandems in the entire league. You've got the perennial Vezina candidate in Demko earning $5m a season; and his backup Silovs coming in at $850,000.

There are teams around the NHL paying five and six million; or even up to $10 million for a single goalie. Cheap but effective net-minding is the reason the Canucks were able to go out and add five UFA forwards and two guys on the blueline this off-season, and still come in slightly below the salary cap threshhold.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad