Hughes - Hronek
Soucy - XXX
Dillon - Myers
Juulsen

Walker? Roy?

Hammer79

Jan 9, 2009
Kelowna
Signing bonus heavy (fairly buyout-proof), 2025-2028 - Full No Move, 2028-2032 - 15-Team NTC

Was hoping for a little lower price with a contract that takes him to 35.

Over/under on the number of interviews he gives over the duration of this contract? 8.5?
Man, I do NOT like signing bonuses, but for this player, I like the AAV. People complaining that he's not elite need to realize that's why he's getting 7 and not 10. RHD are expensive. I can live with this.

Tables of Stats

Nov 1, 2011
Vancouver, BC
I don't know if there was a replacement available that we could get for less than it cost to resign Hronek. Yes, it makes things tighter for other guys we'd like to bring back, but he had to be a priority and he's only slightly overpaid given his role on the team. A few more years and his contract will look great.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
This is a very fair deal. Pretty much on market, with Hanifin setting the terms a couple months ago.

I'd probably lean moreso as a slight win for VAN and Allvin, as it is a bit less than I expected. Hronek could have got more by waiting out the season and then going to UFA next summer. Good work. They retained a legit top-four RD and one that has some chemistry with Quinn.

The contract is structured so the buyout dead cap is 2.4 regardless of when the contract is bought out..
Getting decent buyout terms and limiting the trade protection in the back half is really underrated work and risk mitigation from Allvin.

Hammer79

Jan 9, 2009
Kelowna
The contract is structured so the buyout dead cap is 2.4 regardless of when the contract is bought out..
Thanks for this, I was worried about the signing bonuses, but 2.4 dead cap is manageable. Now go out and get Guentzel!

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I mean...Forsling is a steal compared to 98% of the NHL. That's an insanely good deal.
Forsling contract is only $1 mill in salary each season. So, he's basically getting $4.75 mill in SB each year, thus that would be considered earned in the state of FLA. As would half his base salary.

Reactions: CanuckCity

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad