Confirmed with Link: Canucks Re-Sign Filip Hronek to 8y/7.25m Contract

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Jovofan

Apr 26, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Meh. Seems like a ton of money to invest in a guy that played second fiddle to the Norris Trophy winner and disappeared for half the season. Hopefully he proves to be worth it by the end of the contract.

Snatcher Demko

High-End Intangibles
Oct 8, 2006
Well it's more AAV than I had hoped, but perhaps my hopes were unrealistic.

Anyhow, Hronek is a versatile d-man who can play in all situations. I'd like to see Hronek carry his own pairing next season though as I think his potential is somewhat limited covering for Quinn. Getting Tanev could certainly help that.

Importantly this helps Allvin focus on other tasks.

Reactions: Indiana and bh53

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
Meh. Seems like a ton of money to invest in a guy that played second fiddle to the Norris Trophy winner and disappeared for half the season. Hopefully he proves to be worth it by the end of the contract.
i think once the cap hits like 95m this will be a good contract.

for the record, suck it Servalli for the 8M shit

Reactions: Indiana

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
On his playoff performance - he was definitely injured. His second half cool-down wasn't injury driven, IMO, but I do think a lot of his playoff play was injury related.

And we have some good historical examples of our own (Kevin Bieksa, being one) of guys who struggled in their first playoff appearance that had good performances down the line.

He's a young top four guy, hopefully with lots of room to grow.

Leif Rohlin

Jan 25, 2024
Makes sense all things considered.

7.25 was the number I had penciled in but I was hoping they'd be able to bring it down a little with an 8-year term.

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
perfectly fine with this as a stand alone. basically the going price for a complementary partner to a norris calibre defender.

choosing hronek over zadorov (which is what this appears to be) - f*** yes

extrapolating a dozen playoff games to determine which players to keep for the better part of the next decade is insane. glad the canucks went with the larger sample size in their decision.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
I’d expect he would have gotten something similar on the open market. He was trending higher before tanking offensively in the second half and a rather underwhelming playoffs.

Reactions: BimJenning

Flik

Canucks fan for life
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2010
Vancouver, WA
Also, he better level up and maintain his performance for longer than half a season. He got his bag. Time to earn it.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I’d expect he would have gotten something similar on the open market. He was trending higher before tanking offensively in the second half and a rather underwhelming playoffs.
Always better to get it done as you just never know.

Regress2TheMeme

Mar 14, 2018
I think im relieved management isnt jumping into the unknown by dropping this player. The price and term feels high but i think we would end up overpaying for whoever the replacement would be. I think he's part of keeping Hughes happy as well.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
Signing bonus heavy (fairly buyout-proof), 2025-2028 - Full No Move, 2028-2032 - 15-Team NTC

Was hoping for a little lower price with a contract that takes him to 35.

Over/under on the number of interviews he gives over the duration of this contract? 8.5?

Last edited:

ManVanFan

Mar 28, 2024
On his playoff performance - he was definitely injured. His second half cool-down wasn't injury driven, IMO, but I do think a lot of his playoff play was injury related.

And we have some good historical examples of our own (Kevin Bieksa, being one) of guys who struggled in their first playoff appearance that had good performances down the line.

He's a young top four guy, hopefully with lots of room to grow.
He played 94 games last season, most he had ever played in a season is 78. Hopefully Canucks can have a better system next year to put less stress on the defence.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad