Canucks & NHL News, Rumours, and & Fantasy GM | Urge to Frenzy…fading.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

credulous

Nov 18, 2021
You don't "exceed" it, you exceed it.

You don't have two players making that hit, you're allowed to spend that much over the cap. This is called exceeding the cap.

that's not entirely true

the way ltir works is that when you move a player to ltir you take your current cap space and subtract it from the ltir'd players cap hit. so if you have 3m in cap space and put a player with a 5m aav on ltir you get 2m (5m aav minus 3m in cap space) of "bonus" cap space for as long as that player is on ltir. so if it happened in the upcoming season you'd go from an 88m cap to a 90m cap. you DON'T get to subtract the ltir'd players cap hit from your cap though, you just get to exceed the cap by the bonus amount

if you have 7m in cap space instead of the 3m in the above example and put a 5m player on ltir then you don't get any bonus cap space. you can still only spend 7m in cap

this is why teams try to get as close as possible to the cap upper limit before moving players to ltir and why sometimes players who are out for months or even the season never make it to ltir

it's also why acquiring players permanently on ltir doesn't actually let you cheat the cap. it only helps you reach the cap floor. otherwise you're just replacing perfectly good cap space with potentially less cap space

it's also why having poolman on the books is problematic for the canucks if they plan to accrue cap space by running under the cap. you can't combine LTIR space with regular cap space on a single player. you have to use up as much of your cap space as possible BEFORE using ltir (altho once you have done that you are free to shift players on and off the roster as you wish)

LandfiII

SMD
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
I'll schmuck you with my Donkey sized Dhaliwal.

ROv0LK@facebook.gif

har har YA RIGT

facial-hotdog-sausages-to-the-face-funny-v7k8l5e92li4mrm2.gif

Reactions: supercanuck

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Not saying they are, but it’s incredible that no one had the Canucks in on DeBrusk, Sherwood, Heinen, Forbort or Desharnais. Like, not a whisper. Friedman posted a team by team breakdown before free agency opened and he had bupkis on the Canucks.

They run a tight ship.

Especially compared to last season where Dhaliwal had Soucy, Cole, and Blueger all telegraphed to the Canucks. Dhaliwal couldn’t even get this summers re-signings.

Reactions: Mr. Canucklehead

Luck 6

\\_______
Oct 17, 2008
Vancouver
I expect that we will spread things out and role 4 lines when everything is reasonably clicking. Line combinations where we stack the top 6 is great, but I don’t see that being the norm. One of the things that really wore teams down is our depth, we can’t get away from that.

DeBrusk-Pettersson-Hoglander
Heinen-Miller-Boeser
Joshua-Blueger-Garland
Sherwood-Suter-Podkolzin

To me that’s the most balanced, but there are options to move players around. We’re a touch thin at bottom 6 center, so right now, it’s looking like Suter will have to play there. That could chance tho if Aman or someone else wins a spot in camp.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Not saying they are, but it’s incredible that no one had the Canucks in on DeBrusk, Sherwood, Heinen, Forbort or Desharnais. Like, not a whisper. Friedman posted a team by team breakdown before free agency opened and he had bupkis on the Canucks.

They run a tight ship.
Was also impressed by this, all signings released by the team.
Ruthervin clearly took the Lou lam leak it and you're fired/deals canceled immediately approach.

Exciting if not a little stressful imo

It's moments like this that Pod flatlining really hurt. Could really use his size and drive on the 2nd line but he just has zero offensive instincts right now.
I agree adding Boldy into the fwd group probably would've made a difference even with silovs in net.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
It's moments like this that Pod flatlining really hurt. Could really use his size and drive on the 2nd line but he just has zero offensive instincts right now.

I went back and watched the highlights from his rookie year, and man. It wasn’t dominant, but still, the guy drove the net and sniped shots. Looked so promising.

The feet are still moving and the hustle is there, but he never felt like a threat to score this year.

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
Isn't the way LTIR works is you have take the salary cap and be at it or under it inducing your LTIR players salary, for the start of the season. Once the season starts, you can bring other players in up to the amount of space your have (right now $240K) and the amount of the LTIR ($2.5 M), but you have to use up the cap space first.

Edit - and I am really pulling for Pods to have one hell of a year.

rea

Feb 8, 2011

They run a tight ship.
Oh all us insiders knew about this, the vocal have been pegging him to lineup sheets for weeks now 🤭

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad