Canucks & NHL News, Rumours, and & Fantasy GM | Urge to Frenzy…fading.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Nick Lang

May 14, 2015
Few thoughts:

-You have Vancouver at home for 7 games, but opt to break it up to go to Calgary on a B2B. Stupid.
-Vancouver being forced to fly back from California to play the Leafs and then being forced to go back to Vegas. Stupid.
-Ending the season again in mid-late April again. Stupid. Yay for the finals ending again in Late June.

I find it so funny when people bitch about the schedule. They don't tailor it to one's teams preferences or efficiencies. It's got to be the hardest schedule in the world to make. 32 teams and 82 games including all the blackouts, back to back restrictions, and the like. It's tough on all teams and they all have tough stretches and inefficient travel.

Myself, as a fan I look forward to all 82 games no matter when they are.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
24-25 schedule is out

GRfoENKXUAAiMwS
GRfoENvb0AEzAnv
Got a couple of morning games and a few early afternoon games. Game times are listed based on local time of the home team.

Nov.29th 12:00PM PT @ Buffalo (this is a Friday)
Dec. 1st 9:30AM PT @ Detroit
Dec. 8th 1:00PM PT vs Tampa
Dec.28th 1:00PM PT vs Seattle
Mar.22nd 10:00AM PT @ Rangers
Mar.30th 12:00PM PT @ Winnipeg
Apr.5th 1:00PM PT vs Anaheim

Reactions: jd22

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
I find it so funny when people bitch about the schedule. They don't tailor it to one's teams preferences or efficiencies. It's got to be the hardest schedule in the world to make. 32 teams and 82 games including all the blackouts, back to back restrictions, and the like. It's tough on all teams and they all have tough stretches and inefficient travel.

Myself, as a fan I look forward to all 82 games no matter when they are.

"Hardest schedule to make"

But proceeds to add a stupid gimmicky tournament involving only 4 nations in the middle of the season.

Nick Lang

May 14, 2015
"Hardest schedule to make"

But proceeds to add a stupid gimmicky tournament involving only 4 nations in the middle of the season.

Uggg, yeah on that I agree. Utterly lame hockey tourney imo when they could just end the season two weeks earlier. Even I thought this year was pushing reality. I hope none of our players play, but they will. Just like the All-Star farce game, it's a season disruptor/wrecker. Wasn't picking your comment out in particular just responded to a random one.

Hockey schedulers are in real tough though because most of the American teams don't even want to play until December/January when baseball, football, NASCAR, ect., are finished. It already starts way too early for them ... so no leeway there. Of course there is no way they would consider shortening the season either as that would result in lost revenue and the cap would go way down as well. Rock and a hard place ... they should just shorten the season. :badidea:

Reactions: SeawaterOnIce

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
Canucks have Freidman & Juulsen as 7/8 Dmen, both are right handed, wouldn’t it be wise to get a puck moving #7 LHD and send Juulsen down?

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Canucks have Freidman & Juulsen as 7/8 Dmen, both are right handed, wouldn’t it be wise to get a puck moving #7 LHD and send Juulsen down?

I believe Friedman plays both sides, Juulsen will be in competition with Deharnais for the final right-side spot, or else I'd expect he starts in the AHL with Friedman as #7.

Wisp

Nov 14, 2010
in Drance's latest article, apparently their Guentzal interest was all a smoke screen and DeBrusk was their true target all along.

Cites that they were really uncomfortable with their ability to meaningly do other things on the roster with a 9.25million caphit taking up resources

It's a fair conclusion to come to and I certainty see how DeBrusk at a more reasonable caphit fits in to their team concept instead...

but don't play with my heart like that!

ManVanFan

Mar 28, 2024
Our Forward group is stacked, 4 lines that can score!
Weird to think because we replaced
Kuzmenko with Debrusk .49 to .50
Mikheyev with Heinen .40 to .49
Lafferty with Sherwood .30 to .40
I think the lines work better. It feels a bit like the team that started the year at the top of the league last year.

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
I believe Friedman plays both sides, Juulsen will be in competition with Deharnais for the final right-side spot, or else I'd expect he starts in the AHL with Friedman as #7.
Oh ok send Juulsen down and keep Freidman as the #7 then. Desharnais is much better than Juulsen, was excellent in the series against us and on the PK.

ManVanFan

Mar 28, 2024
in Drance's latest article, apparently their Guentzal interest was all a smoke screen and DeBrusk was their true target all along.

Cites that they were really uncomfortable with their ability to meaningly do other things on the roster with a 9.25million caphit taking up resources

It's a fair conclusion to come to and I certainty see how DeBrusk at a more reasonable caphit fits in to their team concept instead...

but don't play with my heart like that!
Teams using "misdirection" at the draft as well. Basically believe nothing you hear anymore at all. Lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad