Canucks & NHL News, Rumours, and & Fantasy GM | Urge to Frenzy…fading.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
How are you getting 6M from this? This already factors in the LTIR space and no backup goalie

View attachment 891124

3.5~ with no goalie and a 23 man roster.

2.6~ in space after Silovs with a 24 man roster.

Cut a player to get to 23 man roster gets you back to 3.6~

Making any trade requires a roster move, which subtracts another 1~ (before adding), giving 4.6~ in space.

Run a 22 man roster gives you an extra 1~ for about 5.6m.

If the team waits until the season, they'll accrue another 500k+ in saved cap space as the season goes on, giving the team over 6m in space mid year, upwards of 10m depending on if they aggressively call up and send people down who are waiver exempt and run a 20 man roster on days they don't play.

Rowlet is right. We dont need 23, only at least 20. So theoretically we have like 6m in space

Depending on the moves we make, we could have upwards of 10m by the deadline

LordBacon

CEO of sh*tposting
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Hong Kong
Too many bottom 6 d signed for my liking.
But thankfully they’re all relatively short termed and cheap.

I wonder if they be able to find a top4d with that little bit of cap space left

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles

Making any trade requires a roster move, which subtracts another 1~ (before adding), giving 4.6~ in space.

If the team waits until the season, they'll accrue another 500k+ in saved cap space as the season goes on, giving the team over 6m in space mid year.

I assume that we can also maximize cap by papering Silovs down to the A when we are at home during the off days.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
Rowlet is right. We dont need 23, only at least 20. So theoretically we have like 6m in space
And when was the last time the Canucks willfully started the season with a roster of 20? (no injuries)

If the team waits until the season, they'll accrue another 500k+ in saved cap space as the season goes on, giving the team over 6m in space mid year.

That was 3.5 with no goalie and a 22 man roster. Adding the backup goalie makes it 23. Also who are these 1 mil players you are cutting and trading?

Luck 6

\\_______
Oct 17, 2008
Vancouver
Out:
Zadorov
Lindholm
Lafferty
Mikheyev
Cole

In:
DeBrusk
Forbort
Desharnais
Sherwood
Heinen

Think we’re better or worse? At forward we’re clearly better, I just dont know what to make of our blue line.

Forbort was BOS 4D when looking at overall ice time, but he was used heavily on the PK, his 5v5 ice time is less than we played any of of top 6D. Desharnais is very similar. So unless these guys are going to thrive in our system, it kinda feels like we lost two top 4 D in Zadorov and Cole and replaced them with bottom pairing D. So, that seems a bit problematic..

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
And when was the last time the Canucks willfully started the season with a roster of 20? (no injuries)

That was 3.5 with no goalie and a 22 man roster. Adding the backup goalie makes it 23. Also who are these 1 mil players you are cutting?

My mistake, it was 23 on that page earlier.

You can cut Mark Friedman or DiGi, someone isn't going to make the opening night roster. As long as the Canucks are below 88m without using LTIR, they will accrue space until the deadline where they can start using LTIR to surpass the cap.

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
Out:
Zadorov
Lindholm
Lafferty
Mikheyev
Cole

In:
DeBrusk
Forbort
Desharnais
Sherwood
Heinen

Think we’re better or worse? At forward we’re clearly better, I just dont know what to make of our blue line.

Forbort was BOS 4D when looking at overall ice time, but he was used heavily on the PK, his 5v5 ice time is less than we played any of of top 6D. Desharnais is very similar. So unless these guys are going to thrive in our system, it kinda feels like we lost two top 4 D in Zadorov and Cole and replaced them with bottom pairing D. So, that seems a bit problematic..
I think Forbort desharnais will be the default #1pk pair and they should reduce the ice time of Soucy Myers and make their workload more manageable.
Do wonder if they will split up Hughes Hronek and go with
Hughes Desharnais
Forbort Hronek

That seems scary…

They had treasure trove of tradable assets and pissed it away. Blake’s done “amazing” work.
Starting another tank lol

Required to have two goalies on the roster at all times.
Even off days?

SelltheTeamFrancesco

Aug 11, 2015
I was reading up a little on Vincent Desharnais on the Oilers board it seems he got hurt in the Stars series that might be why is game fell off leading to him getting scratched. Kind of similar to Cole where the longer he played with his injury the more noticeable his game fell off. Which would have probably led to him being benched if the Canucks got to the third round. I really liked his game against the Canucks.

Szechwan

Sep 13, 2006
The only contract big enough and movable is Garland and I'd be more than a little hesitant to pull the trigger on that. But Necas has tools that are awfully intriguing and I can't help but wonder if the system in Carolina might be holding him back.
As opposed to Vancouver's high octane offensive system? :laugh:

Reactions: PuckMunchkin

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
I wish our fans wouldn’t ridiculously exaggerate like you did in your post. It is what makes other fans not respect us. No, we would not have swept them.
Came here to say something like this although your comment would have been more classy than mine so I'm glad that I won't need to comment except to say that the Oilers were banged up as well and they just dominated the series, the 4-3 ratio is misleading.

ratbid

Feb 18, 2012
Love Sherwood and Heinen signings, unsure about Debrusk, and hate the D signings. Would have spent the money on Zads on D.

But as many have said in this thread, our management team has done a great job. I wouldn't be surprised if I'm proven wrong on the D signings.

I'm expecting Heinen to be one of the highest value contracts in the NHL the next two years. Our forward group looks awesome.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad