Confirmed with Link: Shayne Gostisbehere 3x3.2m aav

Daeavorn

livin' that no caps life
Oct 8, 2019
Raleigh, NC
I really like the Ghost signing. I think he fits the exact role we need him to. 3rd pair defenseman with the ability to play pp1.

His overall game is probably weaker than Skjei but Skjei can't run a PP to save his life and that's what we really need.

Orlov as 2LD will take some adjustments but I feel that this group may have good offensive potential.

LakeLivin

Armchair Quarterback
Mar 11, 2016
North Carolina
Is everyone forgetting what he was like when he first came here or am I high on wombat shit?

My impression, and I stress impression, is that he looked terrible when he first came here but then looked pretty good by the time the playoffs rolled around. Be interesting to see how that measures up to what someone better informed says.

Discipline Daddy

Brentcent Van Burns
Nov 27, 2009
Raleigh, NC
Ghost is a hell of a lot worse than Brady Skjei. He has some better attributes, but Skjei is much much better at playing defense. There's a reason one got $49M in free agency and the other got literally one fifth that amount.

Ghost looked great in his first game, and then I thought he was just pretty good. He seemed to adjust faster than most defensemen do in our system. He's a good skater with a good hockey IQ. Those to me are the most important attributes to being successful in Rod's system. I don't think he'll hit 57 points this year, but I think he'll also look better defensively than he did with the Red Wings. He is a very good fit for this team, and an excellent fit for the price.

Honestly the biggest thing we need next season is for Orlov to play like he did after we got Kuznetsov. We need him to play mean, play aggressive, but also play with strong defensive awareness. Walker and Ghost will get more attention because they are new, but Orlov is arguably the second most important cog on the D in 24-25 after Slavin.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Ghost is a hell of a lot worse than Brady Skjei. He has some better attributes, but Skjei is much much better at playing defense. There's a reason one got $49M in free agency and the other got literally one fifth that amount.

Ghost looked great in his first game, and then I thought he was just pretty good. He seemed to adjust faster than most defensemen do in our system. He's a good skater with a good hockey IQ. Those to me are the most important attributes to being successful in Rod's system. I don't think he'll hit 57 points this year, but I think he'll also look better defensively than he did with the Red Wings. He is a very good fit for this team, and an excellent fit for the price.

Honestly the biggest thing we need next season is for Orlov to play like he did after we got Kuznetsov. We need him to play mean, play aggressive, but also play with strong defensive awareness. Walker and Ghost will get more attention because they are new, but Orlov is arguably the second most important cog on the D in 24-25 after Slavin.
When comparing to Skjei, Ghost is a much better ppqb.

Thats the end of the post where we compare Ghost to Skjei positively.

Buenos Necas

lets go canes
Jul 18, 2009
Raleigh, NC
I think of it as both Walker and Ghost replacing Skjei by committee. Walker is more of your 5v5/PK replacement, while Ghost is the PP replacement. Good news is Ghost will be much better for what he provides on the PP, and Walker won't be quite as good but should be able to be Skjei-lite at 5v5 and the PK. And the two of them combined come in at less than Skjei's new AAV, without having to go 7 years on term. Not too shabby.

Reactions: cptjeff

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad