Canucks & NHL News, Rumours, and & Fantasy GM | These Little Piggies Are Not Going To The Market…

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Last one was over 1,000. Continue here.

Vector's NHL Transaction Tracker.

Some Important Off-Season Dates

Buyout Period: June 27th, evening; players without NMCs must be placed on unconditional waivers 24 hours prior (another buyout period opens if a team has a player file for arbitration). This buyout period ends June 30th. 8:00pm.
Team-Elected Arbitration: June 26th, evening
NHL Awards: June 27th
Draft Day 01: June 28th
Draft Day 02: June 29th
Qualifying Offer Date: June 30th
8-Year Contract Deadline: June 30th, 9pm PST
Free Agency Opens: July 1st, 9am PST
Summer Development Camp: July 1st-4th
Player-Elected Arbitration: July 5th
Young Stars Classic Tournament: Sep. 13th-16th

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
If the Canucks don't sign Alex Carrier (they will), I could see them trying to snag Josh Manson from Colorado. They're in a bit of a cap hell currently.

Reactions: dez

overboard

Oct 1, 2020
Vancouver
Th
One thing that I just realized is that the Heinen and Sherwood signings being for 2 years each means they're able to navigate the cap penalty years with some effective players on cheaper contracts. These deals get us through both years of the Mik retention plus one year of the big OEL penalty.

Also, with Suter's contract expiring next summer he can potentially be replaced by somebody from Abbotsford on a cheaper contract. When you factor in that plus the cap increase next summer you could be looking at the money required to re-up Boeser.
This.

Our management has repeatedly stated they want to create a sustainable winning team. They’re not going to blow their brains out on win-at-all-costs scenarios.

They are putting pieces in place while trying to deal with the fact we’ll be up against a serious cap deficiency starting next season.

I think a lot of posters overestimated what was going to be possible in FA this year. The cap went up, and all teams had more money to spend. It’s the most competitive off-season we’ve seen in years.

I’m also not super thrilled about where we are (the D still needs work), but *all things considered* they did well to avoid the over the top stupid stuff today.

And once TB was in on Guentzel - we were always going to lose that. They don’t pay taxes in Florida. You can’t compete against that advantage.

That’s a big part of the reason Florida teams have won three of the last five cups.

Reactions: Billy Kvcmu

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
what makes you say they will?…. I don’t think I’ve seen any links to him but I did take a break for an hour or so
Exactly. ;) There was complete silence around the Debrusk/Heinen/Sherwood signings too. Though I think someone in the Canucks media brought up Carrier's name as a potential D target leading up to free agency.

There's been NOTHING from the media about Carrier since last night when they said Nashville was making progress with him. And then they blew their load on a few big names and can't afford him anymore.

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
It's clear from the day's activity that of those five mystery players in the A that Alvin said could push for spots, roughly zero will be in the opening night line-up (barring injury, of course).

Maybe Abbotsford will take a step, with the development it's reasonable to expect from Bains, Karlsson, Raty, Sasson, Nielsen, Woo, and perhaps a couple of others.

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
That Toffoli contract is ugly. Obviously SJ pays an inflated price, but no contender would have given him that AAV.

Seems he just went for stability and in an area that is close to where he met his wife. Such is life.

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
Hakanpaa is someone i would have wanted if we didn’t sign Forbort

Toronto’s D core will be better as long as Tanev doesnt fall off a cliff

I don’t like their forwards, they lost Bertuzzi and probably Robertson soon, with no replacement, that’s a lot of goals missing combined

Russian_fanatic

Jan 19, 2004
Debrusk-Miller-Boeser
Joshua-EP-Garland
Heinen-Suter-Sherwood
Aman-Blueger-Podkolzin

I think Hoglander is going to be traded along with some picks for some help on the right side. We have way too much depth on the left side. Plus Hoglander is probably our best trade chip, and it would suck to lose him.

Trading Hoglander + some picks for some help on the right side gives us roughly 5.5 million to absorb. I wonder who might be available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad