Canucks & NHL News, Rumours, and & Fantasy GM | These Little Piggies Are Not Going To The Market…

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Last one was over 1,000. Continue here.

Vector's NHL Transaction Tracker.

Some Important Off-Season Dates

Buyout Period: June 27th, evening; players without NMCs must be placed on unconditional waivers 24 hours prior (another buyout period opens if a team has a player file for arbitration). This buyout period ends June 30th. 8:00pm.
Team-Elected Arbitration: June 26th, evening
NHL Awards: June 27th
Draft Day 01: June 28th
Draft Day 02: June 29th
Qualifying Offer Date: June 30th
8-Year Contract Deadline: June 30th, 9pm PST
Free Agency Opens: July 1st, 9am PST
Summer Development Camp: July 1st-4th
Player-Elected Arbitration: July 5th
Young Stars Classic Tournament: Sep. 13th-16th

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
Why is Stephenson’s contract yikes, but Debrusk’s good? Don’t give me that 27 line, he’ll be 28 when the season starts. Basically a 2 year diff.

Gotta be objective here. Both signings can be yikes.

DeBrusk is consistently better than his team in relative possession metrics, Stephenson is regularly worse. He's coming off a year with a CF% of 46.5% at ES, and a FF% of 47.2%.

Now to be fully clear, DeBrusk is coming off a year at 48%CF and 48% FF, but the year previous he was 58% CF and FF, plus it was still better than the rest of his team by 9.5%. This is actually the only year he was a negative possession player at ES while Stephenson has been trending downwards for a few years now. He's been a neutral or negative rel possession player at ES for 9 of his 11 seasons, and one of those he played 4 games.

He's had a few extremely good years in a vacuum like 2019-20 where he was 57%CF, and 54.5% FF, but that was still only 1% better than team average.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Why is Stephenson’s contract yikes, but Debrusk’s good? Don’t give me that 27 line, he’ll be 28 when the season starts. Basically a 2 year diff.

My take is 27/28 gives you 4-5yrs still at prime performance while CS is 2.5 yrs older and already is coming off a down season at 30. In a perfect world they get 3 seasons before he falls off a cliff where as JD should give us 5 using the same analogy. Of course staying healthy and how they mesh with linemates will detrmine the effectiveness of the contract but i will also add that after last year Seattle should be a little more long term focussed as well which further sours that deal for me.

Reactions: MarkMM

drax0s

Mar 18, 2014
Vancouver, BC.

For what it's worth, seems like a lot of the twitter hockey talking heads seem to heavily prefer Debrusk?

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
LeBrun reported yesterday that Alex Carrier and the Preds were close to a contract extension, but we haven't heard any confirmation since.

Then the Preds went buck wild today.

Could be that things broke down, or could be that they all decided to wait a little while until the dust settled before finalising matters.

Still hoping we get him for the top 4, but am guessing it probably doesn't happen. Maybe Boqvist or Kylington are more likely, though less appealing.

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
DeBrusk-JT-Boeser
Hoglander-EP-Nylander
Joshua-Blueger-Garland
Heinen-Suter-Sherwood

Hughes-Grumpy
Soucy-Carrier
Forbort-Giraffe

Demko
Silovs