Canucks & NHL News, Rumours, and & Fantasy GM | These Little Piggies Are Not Going To The Market…

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Last one was over 1,000. Continue here.

Vector's NHL Transaction Tracker.

Some Important Off-Season Dates

Buyout Period: June 27th, evening; players without NMCs must be placed on unconditional waivers 24 hours prior (another buyout period opens if a team has a player file for arbitration). This buyout period ends June 30th. 8:00pm.
Team-Elected Arbitration: June 26th, evening
NHL Awards: June 27th
Draft Day 01: June 28th
Draft Day 02: June 29th
Qualifying Offer Date: June 30th
8-Year Contract Deadline: June 30th, 9pm PST
Free Agency Opens: July 1st, 9am PST
Summer Development Camp: July 1st-4th
Player-Elected Arbitration: July 5th
Young Stars Classic Tournament: Sep. 13th-16th

Vancouver_2010

Canucks and Oilers fan
Jun 21, 2006
1719848088176.png

ratbid

Feb 18, 2012
Man, it sucks that we haven't done much, but I'm ok staying away from the vast majority of these contracts.

Trenin at 3.5/year is wild, and he was high on my wish list.

Any of the contracts I would have done (Guentzel, Terravainen, Reinhart) weren't deals we had a chance to offer, so I can't fault the management group there.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
(+++) Nashville (added Stamkos**, Marchessault**, Skjei**)
(+++) Utah (added Sergachev, Marino)
(+) San Jose (added Toffoli)
(+) Seattle (added Montour)
(+) Chicago (added Teraveinen, Bertuzzi)
(-) Vegas (lost Marchessault)
(-) Dallas (lost Tanev, Pavelski)
(- ) Colorado (lost Nichuskin, Walker)
(-) Vancouver (lost Zadorov, Lindholm)
So our main competition which was Vegas, Colorado and Dallas all lost significant players as well. And Edmonton stayed about the same. We still have lots of cap space to improve and realistically Lindholm didn’t come until the end of the season and was very underwhelming until the playoffs.
We are definitely not a contender at this point and need at least one top 6 forward and probably two, plus a top 4 D and a depth guy. We probably grab two or three of those in the next few days.

Reactions: 3rd Sedin

oceanchild

Jul 5, 2009
Whitehorse, YT
I mean, I get what your saying, but Center depth is key and it would be a gamble that Pod can at least somewhat fill this gap.
What’s the point of trading Hoglander if not for an actual upgrade?

You’d also have to pay Pinto substantially more.

There would also be plenty of interest from other teams that could likely make a better offer.

Reactions: ChilliBilly

Tact

Jul 9, 2006
Depending on the Monahan contract - he looked very good with the Jets in that bumper spot. But that’s about it. Could maybe use him for the PP.

Killer Orcas

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
What’s the point of trading Hoglander if not for an actual upgrade?

You’d also have to pay Pinto substantially more.

There would also be plenty of interest from other teams that could likely make a better offer.
I know everyone loves Hogs here but I don't think he's worth playing on top 6 Pinto is in my opinion. There is a reason were looking for top 6 wingers for EP. Hogs isn't it. He's a great depth player but he is not a top 6er for me. I'm not saying over pay for Pinto but if we can get him and improve our top 6 it's worth looking at. Not much in UFA really worth blowing load for. I know Pinto is a centre but I'm sure he could play wing as well and it's nice having the flexibility to do both and he's RH something were lacking.

Reactions: ChilliBilly

canucks20

Oct 12, 2009
Some of these contracts are f***ing insane.

The only with mistake we’ve made so far is not trading for the rights of Jake before the draft, could cost us to free agency
You wanted to throw away a 3rd? That’s terrible asset management. Guentzel was going to Tampa no matter what. There was a reason they traded Serg and Jeanot

Reactions: AlainVigneaultsGum
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad