Canucks & NHL News, Rumours, and & Fantasy GM | These Little Piggies Are Not Going To The Market…

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Last one was over 1,000. Continue here.

Vector's NHL Transaction Tracker.

Some Important Off-Season Dates

Buyout Period: June 27th, evening; players without NMCs must be placed on unconditional waivers 24 hours prior (another buyout period opens if a team has a player file for arbitration). This buyout period ends June 30th. 8:00pm.
Team-Elected Arbitration: June 26th, evening
NHL Awards: June 27th
Draft Day 01: June 28th
Draft Day 02: June 29th
Qualifying Offer Date: June 30th
8-Year Contract Deadline: June 30th, 9pm PST
Free Agency Opens: July 1st, 9am PST
Summer Development Camp: July 1st-4th
Player-Elected Arbitration: July 5th
Young Stars Classic Tournament: Sep. 13th-16th

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
This was always just baked into the strategy they chose though. By trying to maximize over the Hughes/Demko deals (and previously Pettersson), your window would likely be relatively shorter, you might hit a ceiling lower than you’d like, and when the rebuild does come it will be deeper and more painful. Not only do you have to walk a fine line on the salary cap (which they’ve been pretty good with) but you’re avenues for improvement would be narrow and largely market-driven.
That is very well worded sir.

Reactions: bossram and TruGr1t

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Still think something like Hoglander+ for Ehlers would make a lot of sense for both teams, but not sure what the plus would be.

The issue with Ehlers is probably the same as Necas. You’ll likely need to throw another 1st rounder, and/or top prospect, in there and set yourself back even further in futures for another relatively older player. They don’t seem to be keen to do that.

pitseleh

Jul 30, 2005
Vancouver
The issue with Ehlers is probably the same as Necas. You’ll likely need to throw another 1st rounder, and/or top prospect, in there and set yourself back even further in futures for another relatively older player. They don’t seem to be keen to do that.
I could be wrong but I’m skeptical it would cost Hoglander plus a first or top prospect for a one year rental of a 29 year old player who is perceived as being good but not great and a playoff no show. Can’t think of another example of a player like that being similarly valued.

Necas is a different story as a 25 year old RFA.

Brock Boeser Laser Show

Sep 27, 2017
I know peeps are concerned but there is many avenues to make youro team better. I expect trade opportunities to present themselves over the next year.

Panthers built a lot of their team thru trades and other teams castoffs. Canucks need to find the next disgruntled Reinhart/Bennett and pluck them away.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
I know peeps are concerned but there is many avenues to make youro team better. I expect trade opportunities to present themselves over the next year.

Panthers built a lot of their team thru trades and other teams castoffs. Canucks need to find the next disgruntled Reinhart/Bennett and pluck them away.
So Draisaitl this year or just wait for Connor next?¿

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
I could be wrong but I’m skeptical it would cost Hoglander plus a first or top prospect for a one year rental of a 29 year old player who is perceived as being good but not great and a playoff no show. Can’t think of another example of a player like that being similarly valued.

Necas is a different story as a 25 year old RFA.

Exactly. The public seems to think he's younger than he actually is. He's a 29 year old, soon-to-be UFA, frequently injured winger, that is maligned as a no-show in the playoffs. There shouldn't be much beyond Hoglander.

Reactions: bossram

hotshot1

Feb 19, 2008
Vancouver
Stamkos for 2/3 years would be nice. He can still finish and he’s played a lot of important games. I bet he’d still put up 70 points for the next few years. Could be a Sundin type scenario for the younger guys

Reactions: David71

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
So Draisaitl this year or just wait for Connor next?¿

Haha no way Oilers will let McDavid go, at all. If they do so, both ownership and management will be annihilated by the fans without mercy, with all of their heads impaled on a bunch of rusty pikes, displayed in front of the arena.

They might resort to measures such as trading RNH away at some point if things are not going well, but I genuinely do not see a scenario where McDavid leaves Edmonton, unless there's a truly catastrophic collapse both on ice and off, to the point where McDavid is completely incapable of tolerating the organization ever again.

ginner classic

Dammit Jim!
Mar 4, 2002
Douglas Park
I wonder if Foote and Gonchar could work with someone like Boqvist. Getting out of the Columbus dumpster fire and into a better environment could help him get his game back on track - and we do need people other than Hughes to transition the puck.
I want one PMD and one of Tanev or Dillon. Boqvist, Brannstrom, Jokiharju (trade) Carrier, or Walker could be the PMD. A Brannstrom + Tanev combo on the thir pair would be very solid. Juulsen and Friedman providing depth. Dillon and Boqvist would be good too. With Juulsen here, maybe making the risky bet on the right side would make more sense.

Hughes Hronek
Soucy Myers
Dillon Boqvist (or Jokiharju/Carrier)
Friedman Juulsen

vs

Hughes Hronek
Soucy Myers
Brannstrom Tanev
Friedman Juulsen

I'd want to upgrade Friedman in that scenario. Strangely better reclamation options on the right side this year.

Reactions: David71

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
lol at anyone posting you didn’t want Guentzel or Reinhart.

f*** off.

Would have creamed your pants and screamed to the high heavens if either signed for Van.

And there is no way mgmt can go into next season without giving EP atleast one legit Top 6 winger.

Mgmt has their work cut out for them and so far it’s not looking good.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
lol at anyone posting you didn’t want Guentzel or Reinhart.

f*** off.

Would have creamed your pants and screamed to the high heavens if either signed for Van.

And there is no way mgmt can go into next season without giving EP atleast one legit Top 6 winger.

Mgmt has their work cut out for them and so far it’s not looking good.

I want them, but i'm ok if we didn't sign them for the reason that it was a long shot to begin with anyways.

why would Guentzel want to sign in Canada, let alone western Canada?

why would want Reinhart leave florida, tax free florida for Vancouver? sure its his hometown but seems like a no brainer. Would have Reinhart, but i'm ok with this too. We can look for plan B. it was a long shot to begin with.

Calling it a night. Looking forward to the Frenzy tomorrow morning! See you all then!
get ready for nothing burger from Vancouver.

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
I want them, but i'm ok if we didn't sign them for the reason that it was a long shot to begin with anyways.

why would Guentzel want to sign in Canada, let alone western Canada?

why would want Reinhart leave florida, tax free florida for Vancouver? sure its his hometown but seems like a no brainer. Would have Reinhart, but i'm ok with this too. We can look for plan B. it was a long shot to begin with.

get ready for nothing burger from Vancouver.
Neither were liking coming here but for anyone to say they didn’t want them to sign here is ridiculous.

Either one would have been a massive upgrade to the Top 6.

brock hughes007

Sep 12, 2019
victoria
I want one PMD and one of Tanev or Dillon. Boqvist, Brannstrom, Jokiharju (trade) Carrier, or Walker could be the PMD. A Brannstrom + Tanev combo on the thir pair would be very solid. Juulsen and Friedman providing depth. Dillon and Boqvist would be good too. With Juulsen here, maybe making the risky bet on the right side would make more sense.

Hughes Hronek
Soucy Myers
Dillon Boqvist (or Jokiharju/Carrier)
Friedman Juulsen

vs

Hughes Hronek
Soucy Myers
Brannstrom Tanev
Friedman Juulsen

I'd want to upgrade Friedman in that scenario. Strangely better reclamation options on the right side this year.
Myers on a 2nd unit is a disaster waiting to happen..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad