Canucks & NHL News, Rumours, and & Fantasy GM | These Little Piggies Are Not Going To The Market…

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Last one was over 1,000. Continue here.

Vector's NHL Transaction Tracker.

Some Important Off-Season Dates

Buyout Period: June 27th, evening; players without NMCs must be placed on unconditional waivers 24 hours prior (another buyout period opens if a team has a player file for arbitration). This buyout period ends June 30th. 8:00pm.
Team-Elected Arbitration: June 26th, evening
NHL Awards: June 27th
Draft Day 01: June 28th
Draft Day 02: June 29th
Qualifying Offer Date: June 30th
8-Year Contract Deadline: June 30th, 9pm PST
Free Agency Opens: July 1st, 9am PST
Summer Development Camp: July 1st-4th
Player-Elected Arbitration: July 5th
Young Stars Classic Tournament: Sep. 13th-16th

David Bruce Banner

Nude Cabdriver Ban
Mar 25, 2008
Streets Ahead
Vancouver fans:
4-FOMO-2523840142.gif

Burke's Evil Spirit

Oct 29, 2002
San Francisco
Yeah I think it’s fine if we get a couple of cheaper guys and enter the season with like 2M under the cap.

The Canucks will be in LTIR and won't accumulate space. Unless they enter 3+ million under the cap they're best off adding some expiring contracts that they can move with futures. Alex Iafallo, Reilly Smith, etc.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
No interest in Bertuzzi. None in Stamkos or Toffoli. Very little in DeBrusk. Stephenson’s numbers went worryingly backwards this season. Marchessault would command a term that scares me.
Just go with PTO's and hope we have a guy surprise us in camp.

If everything fails then proceed to trade.

Reactions: Lindgren

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Why not Teravainen

I'm personally not a fan of any plus 30 free agents. Tanev of course an exception

Don't get why people are upset that other players are signing with teams which Vancouver has zero control over.

exactly. We were one of maybe 14 teams that was interested in someone like Guentzel. We had a 1 in 14 chance maybe even less, given, that in BC he will pay more tax on the same contract he would have gotten in an American State, even less if he stayed in Tampa. Its such a no brainer for him, if he wanted to go to Tampa. easy decision.

It’s time to have a couple local guys on the team. We need at least one of: Reinhart, Dillon, or Heinen.

Love this idea. My friend went to school with Dillon. Hes a great guy. Heinen cheered deerly for the Canucks in 2011. wouldn't mind a low offer low term for him. Let some BC boys go to war with the Canucks.

Take sam off the list

I think we be less disappointed if we just conclude that he will re-sign with Florida and move on, so when it actually happens we won't be surprised or sad.

Now I just don’t want to overpay for Toffoli or Stephenson.

I think these guys we can add on a shorter term, like a few years. I wouldn't mind Toffolis toughness. Would have have f***ed up the preds for flipping Petey over after goal celebrations.

As much as it sucks to miss out on some of the big fish, I trust this management team, they'll figure this out.

I suspect they have a plan b and plan c ready. these high priced free agents were always long shots to begin with. Maybe Duclaire, max domi, Drouin? those guys are only 29.

Should we be looking at Hayton as a buy low candidate? He was looking like he was starting to put it together a couple seasons ago.

tough one. Love his wrist shot though. Whats the asking price?

No interest in Bertuzzi. None in Stamkos or Toffoli. Very little in DeBrusk. Stephenson’s numbers went worryingly backwards this season. Marchessault would command a term that scares me.

Debrusk seems like a well rounded developed player 2 way game. He looked good in some playoffs, but this might be a regretable signing if we go for 7 years.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Why not Teravainen

I'm personally not a fan of any plus 30 free agents. Tanev of course an exception

Don't get why people are upset that other players are signing with teams which Vancouver has zero control over.

exactly. We were one of maybe 14 teams that was interested in someone like Guentzel. We had a 1 in 14 chance maybe even less, given, that in BC he will pay more tax on the same contract he would have gotten in an American State, even less if he stayed in Tampa. Its such a no brainer for him, if he wanted to go to Tampa. easy decision.

It’s time to have a couple local guys on the team. We need at least one of: Reinhart, Dillon, or Heinen.

Love this idea. My friend went to school with Dillon. Hes a great guy. Heinen cheered deerly for the Canucks in 2011. wouldn't mind a low offer low term for him. Let some BC boys go to war with the Canucks.

Take sam off the list

I think we be less disappointed if we just conclude that he will re-sign with Florida and move on, so when it actually happens we won't be surprised or sad.

Now I just don’t want to overpay for Toffoli or Stephenson.

I think these guys we can add on a shorter term, like a few years. I wouldn't mind Toffolis toughness. Would have have f***ed up the preds for flipping Petey over after goal celebrations.

As much as it sucks to miss out on some of the big fish, I trust this management team, they'll figure this out.

I suspect they have a plan b and plan c ready. these high priced free agents were always long shots to begin with. Maybe Duclaire, max domi, Drouin? those guys are only 29.

Should we be looking at Hayton as a buy low candidate? He was looking like he was starting to put it together a couple seasons ago.

tough one. Love his wrist shot though. Whats the asking price?

Debrusk seems like a well rounded developed player 2 way game. He looked good in some playoffs, but this might be a regretable signing if we go for 7 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Brazil vs Colombia
    Brazil vs Colombia
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $14,538.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Costa Rica vs Paraguay
    Costa Rica vs Paraguay