Canucks & NHL News, Rumours, and & Fantasy GM | No One Knows Anything

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Last one was over 1,000. Continue here. Use this thread to discuss league-wide trade and free agent rumours. The Around the League thread is for coaching changes, league news, etc.

Vector's NHL Transaction Tracker.

Some Important Off-Season Dates

Buyout Period: June 27th, evening; players without NMCs must be placed on unconditional waivers 24 hours prior (another buyout period opens if a team has a player file for arbitration). This buyout period ends June 30th. 8:00pm.
Team-Elected Arbitration: June 26th, evening
NHL Awards: June 27th
Draft Day 01: June 28th
Draft Day 02: June 29th
Qualifying Offer Date: June 30th
8-Year Contract Deadline: June 30th, 9pm PST
Free Agency Opens: July 1st, 9am PST
Summer Development Camp: July 1st-4th
Player-Elected Arbitration: July 5th
Young Stars Classic Tournament: Sep. 13th-16th

Last edited:

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
Honestly surprised that Tampa hasn't locked in a contract almost immediately after trading a 3rd, one of the richest prices ever moved for the rights for only 24 hours. Would have thought that would have been one of those "its not tampering, but like....it's tampering" things.

You are the prime free agent in the environment where the cap has risen immensely, there's nothing wrong with taking a look on Monday morning to see what's there...

Reactions: Nopefully

Hodgy

Feb 23, 2012
I wonder if we did offer a 3rd but it was a 2027 3rd compared to a 2025 3rd.
Carolina would have likely just traded him to Vancouver to get him out of the conference.

He’s either going to sign with TB, or not, and if he does, I have a hard time believing there was ever much of a chance of him signing in Vancouver.

There is some smoke on the Guentzel rumours but we are all kind of just hoping at this point.

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
Better team going forward, coach he has history with, two 100pt Cs, massive opening on the PP that was built for him, best defenseman in the world
Better airport, closer to Hawaii, no Floridians, nice tree smell, Gastown Steamclock, asian cuisine, fewer tropical storms, great skiing, pretty close to Hope (where they filmed Rambo)...the list goes on.

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
My personal odds on signing Guentzel have been at about 5% for the last week since it became obvious that there are like 8 contending US teams that want to sign him. So I'm not really surprised by this.

Reinhart hitting UFA in 14 hours is definitely interesting, though.
It's really interesting. There is nothing unknown about what Florida can offer him, what the team and city is like, and so on. It sure seems as if he would have signed there by now if he was going to. I like our chances at signing Rhino more than JG at this point.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
If I’m Vancouver and I get the chance to negotiate with Guentzel…

I’d point out that that he could win a cup with Tampa and be a contributor, or he could win a cup with Vancouver and be a legend.

“you don’t want to be their KD do you?”

Has Boqvist become that bad? Only 1 year left at a $2.6M hit.

RHD, but with his strengths and weaknesses, hard to see a place for him with hronek and myers already locked in. with our last RD spot we really need a steady guy that can both defensively carry a bottom two pair and if needed play with hughes and slide hronek to his own pair

unless we are willing to roll the dice with wild cards in both lower pairs? ie, soucy/myers, demers/boqvist? wouldn’t be my first choice

Lots of buyouts incoming.

maybe this brings zad and tanev and others who are UFAs down?

wouldn’t this be impressive, if it turns out we waited out zad knowing his market was about to get glutted and got himm in the end on a $4.75 AAV? a guy can dream

He was a good soldier until Game 1 of the semifinals.

He then became the worst soldier I've ever seen in my life.

1719768663687.gif

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
It's really interesting. There is nothing unknown about what Florida can offer him, what the team and city is like, and so on. It sure seems as if he would have signed there by now if he was going to. I like our chances at signing Rhino more than JG at this point.

Same.

Reinhart is a player with *heavy* Vancouver ties, about as heavy as it gets. There's no way he isn't at least heavily tempted to sign here.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
My personal odds on signing Guentzel have been at about 5% for the last week since it became obvious that there are like 8 contending US teams that want to sign him. So I'm not really surprised by this.

Reinhart hitting UFA in 14 hours is definitely interesting, though.

The Reinhart storyline is being completely overshadowed by the Guentzel sweepstakes, cannot believe how close he's gotten to UFA, and we have that Home Town Team advantage that puts us into the mix with other bigger US markets IMO, especially now that he's ticked off the championship on his career resume.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
Better airport, closer to Hawaii, no Floridians, nice tree smell, Gastown Steamclock, asian cuisine, fewer tropical storms, great skiing, pretty close to Hope (where they filmed Rambo)...the list goes on.

…no firearms, museum of anthropology back open and seismically upgraded, much lower chance of getting mowed down by andrew brunette drunk driving a golf cart, big stupid chandelier under a bridge that spins and mocks the unhoused

let’s go

Same.

Reinhart is a player with *heavy* Vancouver ties, about as heavy as it gets. There's no way he isn't at least heavily tempted to sign here.

can we send hamhuis to his best friend’s wedding to be his wingman for the weekend?

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
Guentzel is a franchise level winger. It's no wonder everyone wants him.

I figured this team had a better than 50% shot to get him, despite the field's interest in him. Still holding to it. He's coming here.

Hodgy

Feb 23, 2012
Honestly surprised that Tampa hasn't locked in a contract almost immediately after trading a 3rd, one of the richest prices ever moved for the rights for only 24 hours. Would have thought that would have been one of those "its not tampering, but like....it's tampering" things.

You are the prime free agent in the environment where the cap has risen immensely, there's nothing wrong with taking a look on Monday morning to see what's there...
But why trade a pick if you know he’ll sign?

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
…no firearms, museum of anthropology back open and seismically upgraded, much lower chance of getting mowed down by andrew brunette drunk driving a golf cart, big stupid chandelier under a bridge that spins and mocks the unhoused

let’s go

can we send hamhuis to his best friend’s wedding to be his wingman for the weekend?
Fair to middling chance of bumping into Bryan Adams; raccoons you can pet; Lumberman's Arch; if you sit in the front of the skytrain it is kind of like a cheap rollercoaster; dragon boat racing; two grizzly bears you can watch eating watermelons up on Grouse; chance to be an extra in Deadpool 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad