GDT: Off-season/July 1st Free Agent frenzy thread-Is Joey Crabb still available?

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Stanley Cup Boundd

Sep 17, 2018
With Jesper signing here, there is no excuses for Billy not to try something with Adam…

We always hear about how this organization is all about family !

Just prove it and unite the two brothers !!
Ekblad’s brother is available!

Attachments

• IMG_1080.jpeg
    IMG_1080.jpeg
    119.3 KB · Views: 1

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
Would like to keep tank but would he be ok with 2mil? He really looked good on that 3rd line, and while kinda washed hes still good.

Initially wanted him back but it's quite clear now that there's no money for him and Boqvist will be taking his spot on the 3rd line.

Once Lundell signs there's 3.3-3.8mil left for a top4 RD.

As for goalies im still lost if Judge or knight is the backup

Like Zito said, it's a fluid situation aka training camp will dictate and then it's one game at a time, constant evaluation, etc.

Reactions: Idiot Stick

Idiot Stick

Youre back on the case Bobrovsky!
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2023
You Got, Florida
Initially wanted him back but it's quite clear now that there's no money for him and Boqvist will be taking his spot on the 3rd line.

Once Lundell signs there's 3.3-3.8mil left for a top4 RD.

Like Zito said, it's a fluid situation aka training camp will dictate and then it's one game at a time, constant evaluation, etc.
really hope lundy takes less than 4

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Monty says “I wanted somebody that wanted me” … poorly chosen words IMO, maybe he didn’t mean Panthers didn’t want him because Zito all along has said he wanted to keep everyone. Maybe he meant other teams. But it could be misinterpreted. Or worst, he’s upset that Zito didn’t spring for $7M+ for 7 years, which sorry Monty that would have been f***ing stupid, so I’m glad you’re not our cap problem.

Idiot Stick

Sponsor
Oct 22, 2023
You Got, Florida
Monty says “I wanted somebody that wanted me” … poorly chosen words IMO, maybe he didn’t mean Panthers didn’t want him because Zito all along has said he wanted to keep everyone. Maybe he meant other teams. But it could be misinterpreted. Or worst, he’s upset that Zito didn’t spring for $7M+ for 7 years, which sorry Monty that would have been f***ing stupid, so I’m glad you’re not our cap problem.

sucks with the cap situation, but even if we did 7x7 is a tall ask for him

Gonna miss him though, loved when he kept calling maroon fat pat until he went fat rage mode

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014

Stamkos said pretty much the same things about Nashville because they were willing to cough up that 8milx4 deal whereas Briesebois was probably dangling some 3milx6 proposal. Since we don't know what Zito had offered him it's rather disingenuous to claim that Montour shouldn't be saying anything negative about the whole ordeal.

Fingers crossed we can sign Lundell soon with both sides being happy.

Just wait for the Flames to drop a 7milx7 offer sheet on to Lundell's lap.

floridada

Jan 31, 2009
Florida

In one of the tv interviews he did yesterday he pretty much implied the panthers werent offering him a long term deal.

Reactions: KW

Idiot Stick

Sponsor
Oct 22, 2023
You Got, Florida
What's the story with Tobias Bjornfot? Has he been injured, any chance of making the big club next year?
seems like a depth casualty
was on the kings for a bit then vegas so prob never got the chance to step up

looks like he played almost one full season with the kings, then sprinkles here and there

hes played a few with us and hes had two games with 18min toi

Reactions: MaWa

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Stamkos said pretty much the same things about Nashville because they were willing to cough up that 8milx4 deal whereas Briesebois was probably dangling some 3milx6 proposal. Since we don't know what Zito had offered him it's rather disingenuous to claim that Montour shouldn't be saying anything negative about the whole ordeal.

Just wait for the Flames to drop a 7milx7 offer sheet on to Lundell's lap.
If Monty had played a good season and been better at playoffs, I might side with him a bit, but that wasn’t the case, so his poor word choice justifies my position.

Reactions: MaWa and scholl

Little Bobby Boo

Jul 30, 2014
do you think Q comes back in any form?

On serious hopium but imagine if he took kompons spot, cant believe we won the cup with how terrible that powerplay was
Zito did a presser yesterday and was asked if he heard the Bowman and Q news. He misunderstood the question and said something like "did he land where I think he did?" implying that he assumed Q found a job somewhere already. Was a weird moment. I don't think it'll take long before he's hired.

Reactions: MaWa and Vilam

barkovcanfinnish

Stanley Cup Champs 2024
Sep 22, 2014
Chicago, IL
Feel like our defense is going to look like our 2023 version except without 73pt Montour.

Idk

Verhaeghe-Barkov-Reinhart
Rodrigues-Bennett-Tkachuk
Lustorainen-Lundell-Mackie
Boqvist-Nosek-Gadjovich
Greer, Sourdif

Forsling-Ekblad
Mikkola-?
Balinskis-Kulikov
Bjornfot

Bob
Knight

A little over 7 mil to sign Lundell and get a dman

Would be easier to bolster our forward depth at the deadline than find a top-4 dman at the deadline :/

Last edited:

CaptainScrewy

Apr 9, 2003
Hollywood , Florida
Visit site
Lundell offer sheet worries me. We basically can't match a slightly over market offer of around $6mil per and I could totally see a team offering that. If it happens in order to sign him we basically HAVE to move Knight and we have no idea his actual value or if even has any, or do they move Sam Bennett and match offer sheet?

Reactions: PSLguy

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Lundell offer sheet worries me. We basically can't match a slightly over market offer of around $6mil per and I could totally see a team offering that. If it happens in order to sign him we basically HAVE to move Knight and we have no idea his actual value or if even has any, or do they move Sam Bennett and match offer sheet?
When can other teams offer sheet him?

BeezKnees

Jun 4, 2010
Orlando, FL
Zito did a presser yesterday and was asked if he heard the Bowman and Q news. He misunderstood the question and said something like "did he land where I think he did?" implying that he assumed Q found a job somewhere already. Was a weird moment. I don't think it'll take long before he's hired.
I think CBJ is the only head coaching spot available, so maybe he's thinking his old team will be hiring Q. Would be interesting since they tried hiring a controversial coach in Babcock last year and it was a disaster.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Feel like our defense is going to look like our 2023 version except without 73pt Montour.

Idk

Verhaeghe-Barkov-Reinhart
Rodrigues-Bennett-Tkachuk
Lustorainen-Lundell-Mackie
Boqvist-Nosek-Gadjovich
Greer, Sourdif

Forsling-Ekblad
Mikkola-?
Balinskis-Kulikov
Bjornfot

Bob
Knight

A little over 7 mil to sign Lundell and get a dman

Would be easier to bolster our forward depth at the deadline than find a top-4 dman at the deadline :/

I hope Balisnkis is ready to step in. If he can put on some weight / muscle would help a lot

Reactions: Vilam

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad