Canucks & NHL News, Rumours, and & Fantasy GM | No One Knows Anything

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Last one was over 1,000. Continue here. Use this thread to discuss league-wide trade and free agent rumours. The Around the League thread is for coaching changes, league news, etc.

Vector's NHL Transaction Tracker.

Some Important Off-Season Dates

Buyout Period: June 27th, evening; players without NMCs must be placed on unconditional waivers 24 hours prior (another buyout period opens if a team has a player file for arbitration). This buyout period ends June 30th. 8:00pm.
Team-Elected Arbitration: June 26th, evening
NHL Awards: June 27th
Draft Day 01: June 28th
Draft Day 02: June 29th
Qualifying Offer Date: June 30th
8-Year Contract Deadline: June 30th, 9pm PST
Free Agency Opens: July 1st, 9am PST
Summer Development Camp: July 1st-4th
Player-Elected Arbitration: July 5th
Young Stars Classic Tournament: Sep. 13th-16th

Last edited:

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Tanev is getting 6-7 years cause the leafs can afford it. They are probably gonna frontload his contract and Tanev can go on LTIR near the end of the contract. I see the cap hit being about 3mil.

Leafs are getting creative, i love Tanev but i would of never gone more than 3 years for him.
Player needs to agree to go on LTIR. I don’t take Chris to be one who’s trying to cash out and claim perma injury in two or three years.

I think the “could just LTIR” thing is fair on a 4 year deal but man, 6-7 years? Unbelievable.

Guy’s 34. I know he’s still very good and I really wanted him back, but uhhh

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
Player needs to agree to go on LTIR. I don’t take Chris to be one who’s trying to cash out and claim perma injury in two or three years.

I think the “could just LTIR” thing is fair on a 4 year deal but man, 6-7 years? Unbelievable.

it seems like leafs and tampa are both pursuing blatant cap circumvention deals with unrealistically long term, something the league very strongly discouraged in the past . between that and the ridiculous degree of tampering implied by the very specific free agent stories this year i wonder if bettman is losing a step.

JimmyJiveJones

Jan 28, 2019

Warriors like him usually dont play till there 40. The way he plays an injury in inevietible, possibly even career ending or he may just had enough at the end. Also the Toronto factor, playing for that organization could suck the life out of u.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
Warriors like him usually dont play till there 40. The way he plays an injury in inevietible, possibly even career ending or he may just had enough at the end. Also the Toronto factor, playing for that organization could suck the life out of u.

leafs have great doctors and there are many cabins on robidas island

Peen

Oct 6, 2013
it seems like leafs and tampa are both pursuing blatant cap circumvention deals with unrealistically long term, something the league very strongly discouraged in the past . between that and the ridiculous degree of tampering implied by the very specific free agent stories this year i wonder if bettman is losing a step.
Pesce’s deal with New Jersey being known for a week now has been very strange to me. It’s not like the Guentzel stuff where the agent or whatever is like “yeah, we think x team is the favorite or that there is interest”

nope, it’s just - he’s going here for sure

and then yeah, we haven’t seen a retirement deal like this rumoured tanev one in a looong time

Reactions: timw33

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
It's been pretty tense for us, gonna drop these here to loosen us up a bit:

BBZ9Bef.gif

2px7l3w.gif

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
Pesce’s deal with New Jersey being known for a week now has been very strange to me. It’s not like the Guentzel stuff where the agent or whatever is like “yeah, we think x team is the favorite or that there is interest”

nope, it’s just - he’s going here for sure

and then yeah, we haven’t seen a retirement deal like this rumoured tanev one in a looong time
and you know the canes would want to be paid to let pesce talk to nj.

and tampa is reported to have made an 8x3m retirement deal pitch to stamkos.

ameselare

Mar 30, 2024
vancouver
Other tidbits of note - he thinks Tanev is getting at least 6 years from Toronto and thinks it will get done.

Says Toronto will go hard after Zadorov, but so will Boston.

It’ll be gross if both Lindholm and Zadorov go to Boston. Blah.

EDIT: Also, he expects Nashville to make a big push for Stamkos.
Boston needs forwards, not defensemen... are they trading somebody?

Peen

Oct 6, 2013
and you know the canes would want to be paid to let pesce talk to nj.

and tampa is reported to have made an 8x3m retirement deal pitch to stamkos.
that one is less strange for me because tampa prob only gives a shit ab the next 3 years. probably give zero shits about having that one on the books during likely rebuild years

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
I would be over the moon if we landed Roy, I just feel bearish on it as he’s a US guy who just spend his whole career living in SoCal
yeah, if you're in SoCal, Van's rain wouldnt be appealing. if you're in the north east, or even mid west, then yeah, i could see it... but Cali has real nice weather

ameselare

Mar 30, 2024
vancouver
yeah, if you're in SoCal, Van's rain wouldnt be appealing. if you're in the north east, or even mid west, then yeah, i could see it... but Cali has real nice weather
Ottawa is reportedly going to make an aggressive push for him. We're better than them at least, unless they throw the bag at him

credulous

Nov 18, 2021
skjei or roy would fix a lot of the canucks problems on d if guentzel/reinhart are off the table. get boeser and miller to flex those midwest connections and get one of them signed imo

ameselare

Mar 30, 2024
vancouver
Getting Petey a running mate for the long-term should be this team's #1 priority. Whether that happens this summer, or during the season, remains to be seen. I would rather them go for a short, stop-gap UFA solution (max 3 years, tradable contract) for now than a "not elite but might be good enough" kinda guy on a 3+ year contract. The team will still be competitive while they wait.

If they need to bide their time and wait to see how the first half of the season shakes out, then trade for someone like Buchnevich, I think that would be much better than just panic-signing someone who isn't the right fit to a long-term deal.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
skjei or roy would fix a lot of the canucks problems on d if guentzel/reinhart are off the table. get boeser and miller to flex those midwest connections and get one of them signed imo

I’m somewhat surprised Skjei might make it to market, but he’s probably set to get a Hronek-type contract.

Burke's Evil Spirit

Oct 29, 2002
San Francisco
i'd love to see Van offer a 6 year by $5.8M for Matt Roy
Two-way, RD in his prime. Can play with anyone and handle 20 + minutes a night. Strong underlying numbers that would indicate that when he's on the ice, your team usually isnt getting hemmed in their own zone shot puck recovery shot puck recovery etc.

I would easily go something like 7 years, $5.75M for Matt Roy (something like $40M total). But yeah, I don't see him coming to Canada.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad