Canucks & NHL News, Rumours, and & Fantasy GM | No One Knows Anything

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Last one was over 1,000. Continue here. Use this thread to discuss league-wide trade and free agent rumours. The Around the League thread is for coaching changes, league news, etc.

Vector's NHL Transaction Tracker.

Some Important Off-Season Dates

Buyout Period: June 27th, evening; players without NMCs must be placed on unconditional waivers 24 hours prior (another buyout period opens if a team has a player file for arbitration). This buyout period ends June 30th. 8:00pm.
Team-Elected Arbitration: June 26th, evening
NHL Awards: June 27th
Draft Day 01: June 28th
Draft Day 02: June 29th
Qualifying Offer Date: June 30th
8-Year Contract Deadline: June 30th, 9pm PST
Free Agency Opens: July 1st, 9am PST
Summer Development Camp: July 1st-4th
Player-Elected Arbitration: July 5th
Young Stars Classic Tournament: Sep. 13th-16th

Last edited:

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
It was always unlikely that the Canucks were going to be able to address their blueline via free agency once they signed Myers and let Zadorov walk.

But it hurts seeing Utah acquire both Marino and Sergachev for basically 'draft capital'. But when you're stockpiled as many picks as Arizona has over the years, those are the kind of deals you can make.

But looks like the Canucks will have to target d-men via a good old fashioned hockey trade.
Idk why it hurts to see them acquired players

Last time I checked, we had a very good season and they did not

StickShift

In a pickle 🥒
Feb 29, 2004
New York
Rutherford/Allvin will be going head-to-head with BriseBois and the Lightning for Guentzel on Monday.

I know expectations are low—but this may be where we see how effective our management group can truly be.

Reactions: alternate

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
Rutherford/Allvin will be going head-to-head with BriseBois and the Lightning for Guentzel on Monday.

I know expectations are low—but this may be where we see how effective our management group can truly be.

If Tampa beats us in the Guentzel sweepstakes it doesn't necessarily mean management dropped the ball.

Tampa is able to offer him more money (via less taxes), a tropical environment and is in the States (if Guentzel is one of those Americans that cares about that).

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
Yes, and at 5 on 5. Plays wing now. Produces a lot on the PP but that PP was also run by Kucherov. Still a good player but lost a step for sure.
oisv% at es is .868. might be a goalie thing.

he took 650 faceoffs last year and then another 80 in the playoffs in only 5 games. he's still well over 50%.

we're definitely looking for someone right handed who can take faceoffs even if he plays wing. sounds like a match made in heaven for pettersson. if only we had a truckload of capspace.

ameselare

Mar 30, 2024
vancouver
My UFA winger/C predictions as of right now... just off the top of my head, not a comprehensive list

• Reinhart - FLA
  • Guentzel - Vancouver but realistically probably Tampa
  • Lindholm - Boston
  • Stamkos - Detroit or Anaheim
  • Marchessault - VGK
  • Duchene - Dallas
  • Teravainen - No idea
  • Toffoli - LA
  • Stephenson - No idea
  • P. Kane - Original 6 team, not the Leafs or Hawks
  • Bertuzzi - Toronto otherwise no idea
  • Henrique - No idea
  • Domi - Toronto
  • Tarasenko - Maybe a cheap deal to stay in Florida?
  • Monahan - Also no idea
  • Zucker - Can see the Canucks signing him, maybe I just listen to too much Canucks Central, Sat loves him
  • Drouin - Avs or Pens, I'm sure MacKinnon will be thrilled if his two best friends are playing together in Pittsburgh instead of one being with him because of Nichushkin's situation...
  • Duclair - Maybe he stays in Tampa
  • Tatar - No idea

Brock Boeser Laser Show

Sep 27, 2017

Fit wise guentzel fits best on the Canucks. Two top centers to play with instead of one(Point). Fits perfectly in the bumper spot on the pp. Familiar system and coaching staff.

If it's simply a hockey decision I think the Canucks make a lot of sense for Guentzel. Unfortunately there is other factors involved which may swing things in another direction.

innitfam

Oct 18, 2017
If mgmt miss on Guentzel, I see them targeting Stephenson, with Duclair as a consolation prize.

To solve the RHD problem the dream acquisition is Andersson but I doubt Calgary lets him go for anything short of a kings ransom.

Jerry the great

Jul 8, 2022
oisv% at es is .868. might be a goalie thing.

he took 650 faceoffs last year and then another 80 in the playoffs in only 5 games. he's still well over 50%.

we're definitely looking for someone right handed who can take faceoffs even if he plays wing. sounds like a match made in heaven for pettersson. if only we had a truckload of capspace.
There were a lot of good lightning players with dark red +/-....Brayden Point included. When his name came up around here a few months ago I dismissed it because of age and a perception that he was slow and crap defensively.

He is absolutely not slow. And after a stretch of playing a lot of playoff hockey, he's now had two long summers to let the body recover. skating data from edge last year was better than 22/23 (which was already a level up from 21/22). Not sure there's a guy who'd be a better fit on PP1....RHS, decent F/O guy and one of the leagues best finishers from the opposite side of the rink from EP40.

If he's looking for places where he can win...and play a big role in putting a team over the top, I'm not sure there's a better fit than VAN. NYR and COL would probably be high on that list too i suppose. If he's chasing another LTD for big $$$ i wouldn't be interested, but on a 1/2 year deal, it might not be a horrible idea.

ameselare

Mar 30, 2024
vancouver
There were a of good lightning players with dark red +/-....Brayden Point included. When his name came up around here a few months ago I dismissed it because of age and a perception that he was slow and crap defensively.

He is absolutely not slow. And after a stretch of playing a lot of playoff hockey, he's now had two long summers to let the body recover. skating data from edge last year was better than 22/23 (which was already a level up from 21/22). Not sure there's a guy who'd be a better fit on PP1....RHS, decent F/O guy and one of the leagues best finishers from the opposite side of the rink from EP40.

If he's looking for places where he can win...and play a big role in putting a team over the top, I'm not sure there's a better fit than VAN. NYR and COL would probably be high on that list too i suppose. If he's chasing another LTD for big $$$ i wouldn't be interested, but on a 1/2 year deal, it might not be a horrible idea.
Well then we can all hope that him and JT are secretly best buddies who would delight at the idea of being reunited. Pick up the phone JT!

ameselare

Mar 30, 2024
vancouver
If mgmt miss on Guentzel, I see them targeting Stephenson, with Duclair as a consolation prize.

To solve the RHD problem the dream acquisition is Andersson but I doubt Calgary lets him go for anything short of a kings ransom.
Duclair is not an option for the top 6, middle 6 winger at best.

Conroy would charge us an arm and a leg for Andersson but he'd be a great pickup for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad