Canucks & NHL News, Rumours, and & Fantasy GM | No One Knows Anything

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Last one was over 1,000. Continue here. Use this thread to discuss league-wide trade and free agent rumours. The Around the League thread is for coaching changes, league news, etc.

Vector's NHL Transaction Tracker.

Some Important Off-Season Dates

Buyout Period: June 27th, evening; players without NMCs must be placed on unconditional waivers 24 hours prior (another buyout period opens if a team has a player file for arbitration). This buyout period ends June 30th. 8:00pm.
Team-Elected Arbitration: June 26th, evening
NHL Awards: June 27th
Draft Day 01: June 28th
Draft Day 02: June 29th
Qualifying Offer Date: June 30th
8-Year Contract Deadline: June 30th, 9pm PST
Free Agency Opens: July 1st, 9am PST
Summer Development Camp: July 1st-4th
Player-Elected Arbitration: July 5th
Young Stars Classic Tournament: Sep. 13th-16th

Last edited:

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
with dillon, zadorov, tanev and marino all apparently off the table, our big move on defence is either squelched or not on radar. the fact we are circling back on cole suggests if there is one it will be rhd. what does that leave?

Reactions: dez

MadaCanuckle

Jun 25, 2012
Lisboa
with dillon, zadorov, tanev and marino all apparently off the table, our big move on defence is either squelched or not on radar. the fact we are circling back on cole suggests if there is one it will be rhd. what does that leave?
Maybe Timothy Liljegren if he's not qualified by Toronto?

nucks88

Jan 8, 2012
The Left Coast
Along with all of the guys we just drafted as well, more than likely.

Thank you, Mr. Benning.

So you're saying we are signing Guentzel AND Reinhart?

Bold predictions. Care to wager an ass tattoo?
1719700317590.jpeg

Binder

Nov 7, 2011
would be costly, but if Calgary is going scorched earth next season wonder what Rasmus Andersson would cost

a 1st for sure, and probably a top prospect +

LandfiII

SMD
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
In before we trade Pettersson to Ottawa for a package that includes Brady Tkchuck, then package Hoglander, Garland (remember folks he is a first liner look at his underlying stats (end sarcasm) and Silovs, then sign Guentzel @ $9m and trade our 2025 first, raty and Pod to Calgary for Andersson. Then we plan the parade.
What we getting for that package of Silovs/Garland/Hoglander?

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
if the team wants hronek to carry his own line then for rd you want a steady high minute guy who can play with hughes at even strength and cover for him. i don't think you want to saddle hughes with a guy who sacrfices defence for offence.

whatever you do you can't gamble with a partner for hughes. it has to be a guy with some kind of track record to make you think it would work.

carrier is not strong enough defensively.
desharnais can't handle the minutes.
liljegren would be a big gamble.

i'll think a scary thought. could they be in on montour?

Reactions: David71

ameselare

Mar 30, 2024
vancouver
I would love nothing more than this debacle to blow up in Tampa’s faces. Stamkos has been a very loyal player that has taken less to stay with the team in the past and is showing that willingness to do it again.

This is the face of your franchise for 16 years, sacrificed blood, sweat and tears with. To do this to him is nothing but disrespectful.

I hope we sign Guentzel so badly, f*** Tampa.
I completely agree with you. They always seem to get their way though, but we can hope!

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
if the team wants hronek to carry his own line then for rd you want a steady high minute guy who can play with hughes at even strength and cover for him. i don't think you want to saddle hughes with a guy who sacrfices defence for offence.

whatever you do you can't gamble with a partner for hughes. it has to be a guy with some kind of track record to make you think it would work.

what would u offer montour though. 6/7 years?

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
I completely agree with you. They always seem to get their way though, but we can hope!
not always. tampa just got complimented for recovering a fraction of what they paid for jeannot.

it would be fun to sign stamkos. someone should check the current location of aquaman's private jet just in case.

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
I never said he was worth a 2nd, it’s the asset management of closer draft picks that the team could use, ie. picks for Marino, which he did get traded for.

At bare minimum Liljegren is an effective puck mover, so I fundamentally disagree with your extra depth assessment. He’s also had effective defensive metrics just a year prior.

I’ve watched Toronto quite a bit this season, especially in the playoffs.

He’s nothing but a #6

ameselare

Mar 30, 2024
vancouver
not always. tampa just got complimented for recovering a fraction of what they paid for jeannot.

it would be fun to sign stamkos. someone should check the current location of aquaman's private jet just in case.
The Jeannot trade was idiotic but they did the right thing by owning up to it and getting rid of him. I don't know why Utah and LA both helped them today, very annoying.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Pretty hilarious to see folks panicking for no reason at all. Free agency hasn't even opened yet. Just a bunch of no accounts speculating. Really need to actually see what happens first. :laugh:
It was always unlikely that the Canucks were going to be able to address their blueline via free agency once they signed Myers and let Zadorov walk.

But it hurts seeing Utah acquire both Marino and Sergachev for basically 'draft capital'. But when you're stockpiled as many picks as Arizona has over the years, those are the kind of deals you can make.

But looks like the Canucks will have to target d-men via a good old fashioned hockey trade.

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
In before we trade Pettersson to Ottawa for a package that includes Brady Tkchuck, then package Hoglander, Garland (remember folks he is a first liner look at his underlying stats (end sarcasm) and Silovs, then sign Guentzel @ $9m and trade our 2025 first, raty and Pod to Calgary for Andersson. Then we plan the parade.
Idk where people get this fantasy of Brady Tkachuk is going to be a playoffs performer

He can’t even hold a boots for EP as a player

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver

There's really no need for Hronek to do that, though, if the rest of the D doesn't line up to support it.

Hughes can go with Hronek
Soucy can go with Carrier
Cole or another vet can go with Myers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad