Canucks & NHL News, Rumours, and & Fantasy GM | No One Knows Anything

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Last one was over 1,000. Continue here. Use this thread to discuss league-wide trade and free agent rumours. The Around the League thread is for coaching changes, league news, etc.

Vector's NHL Transaction Tracker.

Some Important Off-Season Dates

Buyout Period: June 27th, evening; players without NMCs must be placed on unconditional waivers 24 hours prior (another buyout period opens if a team has a player file for arbitration). This buyout period ends June 30th. 8:00pm.
Team-Elected Arbitration: June 26th, evening
NHL Awards: June 27th
Draft Day 01: June 28th
Draft Day 02: June 29th
Qualifying Offer Date: June 30th
8-Year Contract Deadline: June 30th, 9pm PST
Free Agency Opens: July 1st, 9am PST
Summer Development Camp: July 1st-4th
Player-Elected Arbitration: July 5th
Young Stars Classic Tournament: Sep. 13th-16th

Last edited:

CanucksSayEh

Apr 6, 2012
Just a friendly reminder, that this guy is ppg + vs the following teams..
Nashville, Edmonton, Vegas, Dallas and Colorado

w640xh480_GettyImages-1983630685.jpg

ameselare

Mar 30, 2024
vancouver

I truly think Tocchet would hate this guy lol. I think he'll be a pretty good, lower-cost pickup for another team.

Avs fans have already been trying to shove Drouin out the door in favour of Skinner, who they think will be cheaper and has higher upside. Difference is, I think Drouin's issues were mainly mental, and he turned into a surprisingly good defensive player this year under Bednar's tutelage. I don't have that same confidence in Skinner, he genuinely seems like he doesn't give a shit about the defensive side of the game.

By all accounts Skinner likes being close to Toronto... I can see quite a few of the Metro and Atlantic teams trying him out tbh.

StickShift

In a pickle 🥒
Feb 29, 2004
New York
Just browsing the Tampa armchair GM rosters on Capfriendly—even if they don’t re-sign Stamkos. They really don’t have much more than $8m or so to offer Guentzel?

Again, if Vancouver can get into the $9.5m range—it seems like they ought to be able to offer more take-home pay even taking into account the Florida tax situation.

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
Get ready of the countless "Is the Leafs D the most improved?" threads.

I remember Leafs fans going on about how they had better depth than us in 2008 when they added Kubina and Hal Gill.

Lol...
Every Leafs thread except the one where they inevitably lose in the first round is a bad thread.

That said, Tanev is kind of exactly what that team needs.

LandfiII

SMD
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
Just browsing the Tampa armchair GM rosters on Capfriendly—even if they don’t re-sign Stamkos. They really don’t have much more than $8m or so to offer Guentzel?

Again, if Vancouver can get into the $9.5m range—it seems like they ought to be able to offer more take-home pay even taking into account the Florida tax situation.
I think I came to about 10.2 aav over seven years to equal the take home pay of his rumoured 8x8 ask of the canes. That involved some rudimentary factoring in of tax stuff.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Every Leafs thread except the one where they inevitably lose in the first round is a bad thread.

That said, Tanev is kind of exactly what that team needs.
The Leafs need another top pairing guy in their prime. Hanifin would have been an amazing add for that core.

Tanev is 35. Looked quite slow in the Colorado series and was really dropping off in the playoffs (Game 1 and 2 of the WCF) before he got hurt against Edmonton. Still a good depth defenseman but not sure how much heavy lifting he can do for the Leafs.

ameselare

Mar 30, 2024
vancouver
The Leafs need another top pairing guy in their prime. Hanifin would have been an amazing add for that core.

Tanev is 35. Looked quite slow in the Colorado series and was really dropping off in the playoffs (Game 1 and 2 of the WCF) before he got hurt against Edmonton. Still a good depth defenseman but not sure how much heavy lifting he can do for the Leafs.
Tanev shut down both Eichel and MacKinnon. The Stars were playing 13F-5D basically all throughout the playoffs. If the Leafs can make sure Tanev is playing reasonable minutes he'll be a great pickup for them for a few years. It's not like they're a young team looking to make noise in the playoffs, they're trying to be contenders. Matthews was drafted 8 years ago.

Kryten

slightly regarded
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
Kootenays
I think I came to about 10.2 aav over seven years to equal the take home pay of his rumoured 8x8 ask of the canes. That involved some rudimentary factoring in of tax stuff.
Players income tax is based off where they are that day, so only half the year is at BC rates. No/low income tax places have higher taxes on other things like property

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad