Canucks & NHL News, Rumours, and & Fantasy GM | Hold up, let Chef Allvin cook.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Last one was over 1,000. Continue here. Use this thread to discuss league-wide trade and free agent rumours. The Around the League thread is for coaching changes, league news, SCF chat, etc.

Vector's NHL Transaction Tracker.

Some Important Off-Season Dates

Buyout Period: June 27th, evening; players without NMCs must be placed on unconditional waivers 24 hours prior (another buyout period opens if a team has a player file for arbitration). This buyout period ends June 30th. 8:00pm.
Team-Elected Arbitration: June 26th, evening
NHL Awards: June 27th
Draft Day 01: June 28th
Draft Day 02: June 29th
Qualifying Offer Date: June 30th
Free Agency Opens: July 1st, 9am PST
Summer Development Camp: July 1st-4th
Player-Elected Arbitration: July 5th
Young Stars Classic Tournament: Sep. 13th-16th

Reactions: Bertuzzzi44

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
... so no zaddy?

I now suspect they've actually been out on Zadorov's new deal for a while. I'd bet they view anything above around $4M AAV max as an inefficient deal for what he brings on the ice, and I don't think there's a chance he'll come down that low even on term.

If you can get a guy like Dillon for basically half the cap hit, it's sort of a no-brainer move in terms of dollar allocation.

alternate

Win the week!
Jun 9, 2006
victoria
Guentzel (9.5) - Miller - Boeser
Joshua - Pettersson - Garland
3LW - Suter - Hoglander
PDG - Blueger -Podkolzin
Aman

Hughes - Hronek
Soucy - Myers
Dillon (2.5) - Juulsen
4LD - Friedman

Demko
Silovs (1.0)

Leaves $2.5m for a 3LW and a 4LD.

Not sure that's how it shakes out, but Allvin has set things up beautifully for July 1.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
3LW - Suter - Hoglander
PDG - Blueger -Podkolzin
Aman

Hughes - Hronek
Soucy - Myers
Dillon (2.5) - Juulsen
4LD - Friedman

Demko
Silovs (1.0)

Not sure that's how it shakes out, but Allvin has set things up beautifully for July 1.

This is pretty much exactly how I see it shaking out. Assuming they can actually get Guentzel or Reinhart.

It will be, though, I think:

Suter-Miller-Boeser
Hoglander-Pettersson-Reinhart
Joshua-Blueger-Garland
PDG-Aman-Podz

Hughes-Hronek
Soucy-Myers
Dillon-Edmunson/Hakanpää

I think they'll get like a $1.5M defenseman for depth (Edmunson or Hakanpää) with what's left, and one more depth forward (no clue who).

Last edited:

Grip it N RYP it

Apr 20, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
So we're approximately at 12M remaining?

Plus 2.5M of LTIR when the season starts.

Are teams still allowed to go over the CAP by 10% prior to the season starting? Or is that no longer a thing.

Nona Di Giuseppe

Jul 14, 2009
Coquitlam
Right! Each NHL player has a special soulmate in the league, with only whom they will have great chemistry. It’s truly special. And romantic. Players bond for life and can never have chemistry with other linemates after they find that special bond. How silly of me to forget.

holy shit.. two players with chemistry do exist. this reply reads like a 7 yr old who doesn't know how to debate things with actual facts and words.

Diamonddog01

Diamond in the rough
Jul 18, 2007
Vancouver
3LW - Suter - Hoglander
PDG - Blueger -Podkolzin
Aman

Hughes - Hronek
Soucy - Myers
Dillon (2.5) - Juulsen
4LD - Friedman

Demko
Silovs (1.0)

Probably put Hoglander on in the LW slot but overall not bad. Another guy they've been linked is to is Duhaime.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
They have a tonne of cap space and their defence is really bad so that’s definitely a possibility.
my photoshop skills are a bit rusty but I could see this happening

zaddy.jpg

Hodgy

Feb 23, 2012
Like I said, Guentzel answered those concerns on Carolina this year, and by the standards of what he's going to want on his next contract Reinhart flopped last year.

It's a very easy conclusion to make that the guy who scored at an extremely consistent level for 10 years including on a second team this year is much less risky to expect to continue that production than the guy who has only scored at a rate deserving of his next contract in 3 out of 10 years.

Do you disagree?
I disagree because you are taking the stats out of context. You are comparing ten year periods, seemingly, over which time Guentzel got to play with the second highest even strength point scorer. And so of course Guentzel’s production will be affected by that.

And yes, Guentzel scored well at even strength in the regular season with Carolina. But it was 16 games and he scored at almost certainly unsustainable 1 even strength point per game. Would it surprise you if I could find a similar stretch over the last three years for Reinhart?

And I just don’t really get why we should care that Guentzel scored more even strength points four years ago than Reinhart. From a time perspective, is it all that relevant? And even if it is, is it surprising? He was playing for a dumpster fire organization while Guentzel was riding shotgun with the best player of his generation.

Again, do you really think Reinhart’s stats would be much different over the past ten years from Guentzel’s if he played with Crosby? Because I just don’t really see it.

Reactions: sting101
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad