Canucks & NHL News, Rumours, and & Fantasy GM | Hold up, let Chef Allvin cook.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Last one was over 1,000. Continue here. Use this thread to discuss league-wide trade and free agent rumours. The Around the League thread is for coaching changes, league news, SCF chat, etc.

Vector's NHL Transaction Tracker.

Some Important Off-Season Dates

Buyout Period: June 27th, evening; players without NMCs must be placed on unconditional waivers 24 hours prior (another buyout period opens if a team has a player file for arbitration). This buyout period ends June 30th. 8:00pm.
Team-Elected Arbitration: June 26th, evening
NHL Awards: June 27th
Draft Day 01: June 28th
Draft Day 02: June 29th
Qualifying Offer Date: June 30th
Free Agency Opens: July 1st, 9am PST
Summer Development Camp: July 1st-4th
Player-Elected Arbitration: July 5th
Young Stars Classic Tournament: Sep. 13th-16th

Reactions: Bertuzzzi44

StickShift

In a pickle 🥒
Feb 29, 2004
New York
You don't sign joshua just to trade garland a week later
Ah yes, the third line players should dictate the roster construction. Of course.

IMG_3484.gif

StickShift

In a pickle 🥒
Feb 29, 2004
New York
Absolutely. If if they have 14.5 (including a back-up goalie) and allocated 9.5m to Guentzel that still leaves 5 for the rest of the roster.
If Guentzel wants to come here, you do the roster surgery afterwards.

Recall how Vegas handled things when Pieterangelo signed as a UFA. I don’t think Schmidt had even started his new contract yet when he was traded.

Reactions: arttk

StickShift

In a pickle 🥒
Feb 29, 2004
New York
The coach likes having pairs on lines

You think it didn't factor in when signing him that him and garland have great them chemistry?

Embarrassing
Right! Each NHL player has a special soulmate in the league, with only whom they will have great chemistry. It’s truly special. And romantic. Players bond for life and can never have chemistry with other linemates after they find that special bond. How silly of me to forget.

Reactions: MarkusNaslund19

Slapshot_11

Aug 30, 2006
Right! Each NHL player has a special soulmate in the league, with only whom they will have great chemistry. It’s truly special. And romantic. How silly of me to forget.
Obviously you don't know how our coach likes to have his lines set up and his input is a huge reason why alvin does or doesn't make moves

oceanchild

Jul 5, 2009
Whitehorse, YT
I wonder if they trade Demko and re-sign DeSmith. I ain’t saying it’s a good idea, just they they are crazy enough to do it. No sense running it back without Lindholm and with less picks and prospects. I can’t see that being the play. I could still see Garland or Boeser getting traded, but I feel like something is about to happen out of leafy field and this is the wildest thing I could come up with.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown

Recall how Vegas handled things when Pieterangelo signed as a UFA. I don’t think Schmidt had even started his new contract yet when he was traded.

Don't even need to do any surgery. Canucks have ample capspace. For the first time in forever, especially after the Mikheyev trade, they have room to do whatever they want. It's clear now the Mikheyev trade was all about clearing room to re-sign their own UFAs.

StickShift

In a pickle 🥒
Feb 29, 2004
New York
Obviously you don't know how our coach likes to have his lines set up and his input is a huge reason why alvin does or doesn't make moves
Yes! You are absolutely correct. The coach and his 3rd line deployment should definitely influence management decisions. Especially their pursuit of star players like Guentzel or Reinhart. They need to make sure Tocchet isn’t sad about this third line being broken up. They are clearly the backbone of the team’s success. So silly of me to think otherwise. Thank you for your wisdom.

SelltheTeamFrancesco

Aug 11, 2015

This why it made no sense to sign Myers now. I don't understand the rush.

credulous

Nov 18, 2021
I don’t agree. Demko’s injury history is worrisome. They have two more years with Demko at his current ticket. If they can get Silovs a ton of games and work with him on the point shots, I don’t see why he can’t be a starter one day.

You lose a hedge option that we pretty badly need given Demko’s injury history

i think they should move on from silovs because of demko's injury issues. silovs is okay but i think he's overrated because of his wc performance. he's not a sure thing prospect imo. if the canucks had a starter that could play a complete season i'd definitely keep him and give him a shot at starting 20-30 games and see how he does but if demko goes down they need someone better than silovs to keep them competitive

mriswith

Oct 12, 2011
I am not saying to ignore them. But you also can't ignore the context of playing with Crosby who was the 2nd highest even strength scorer in the entire NHL over the last ten years. I just think if you swapped Reinhart and Guentzel then you may see there even strength points also flip.
Like I said, Guentzel answered those concerns on Carolina this year, and by the standards of what he's going to want on his next contract Reinhart flopped last year.

It's a very easy conclusion to make that the guy who scored at an extremely consistent level for 10 years including on a second team this year is much less risky to expect to continue that production than the guy who has only scored at a rate deserving of his next contract in 3 out of 10 years.

Do you disagree?

lol that 'flopped' season is more goals than Guentzal had this year.
Like I already said, this conversation has been exclusively about even strength production. Reinhart had 15 ES goals last year. Guentz had 25 ES goals this year.

In fact, now that you bring it up, Reinhart has never scored more than 25 ES goals in a season ever. Including this year.

Reactions: Bleach Clean

Russian_fanatic

Jan 19, 2004
Roster is rounding out nicely. Landing Tanev + Guentzal would honestly make us the team to beat

Hog-Ep-Guentzal
Suter-Miller-Boeser
Joshua-Blueger-Garland
Aman-xx-Podkolzin

Hughes-Tanev
Soucy-Hronek
xx-Myers

If our biggest need is a bottom pairing defenseman, and a 4C... this team is going to be dangerous.

SelltheTeamFrancesco

Aug 11, 2015
Roster is rounding out nicely. Landing Tanev + Guentzal would honestly make us the team to beat

Hog-Ep-Guentzal
Suter-Miller-Boeser
Joshua-Blueger-Garland
Aman-xx-Podkolzin

Hughes-Tanev
Soucy-Hronek
xx-Myers

If our biggest need is a bottom pairing defenseman, and a 4C... this team is going to be dangerous.
Oliver Kylington would be a nice fit. He also has chemistry with Tanev from their time Calgary.

Reactions: Jerry the great

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Is Reinhart angling to come home? If Florida has been failing to re-sign him for months.
Never thought there was any chance of Reinhart leaving Florida, until this news, the verhahge contract numbers, and their cup win.

With our cap space, losing lindholm, and Guentzel competition, now seems like the ideal time for Reinhart to come play back home close to friends and family.
(On a hometown team friendly deal of course to maximize his chances at another cup)

Slapshot_11

Aug 30, 2006
Yes! You are absolutely correct. The coach and his 3rd line deployment should definitely influence management decisions. Especially their pursuit of star players like Guentzel or Reinhart. They need to make sure Tocchet isn’t sad about this third line being broken up. They are clearly the backbone of the team’s success. So silly of me to think otherwise. Thank you for your wisdom.
No, for sure bud

They're gonna re sign 2/3 of a line that was our best for a significant portion just to trade the player who was the play driver on it

Brilliant

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
Looks like Ryan Suter getting bought out, could be an interesting signing if he is interested in coming for like 1M. He’s making a bunch of money from being bought out twice lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad