Canucks & NHL News, Rumours, and & Fantasy GM | Hold up, let Chef Allvin cook.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Last one was over 1,000. Continue here. Use this thread to discuss league-wide trade and free agent rumours. The Around the League thread is for coaching changes, league news, SCF chat, etc.

Vector's NHL Transaction Tracker.

Some Important Off-Season Dates

Buyout Period: June 27th, evening; players without NMCs must be placed on unconditional waivers 24 hours prior (another buyout period opens if a team has a player file for arbitration). This buyout period ends June 30th. 8:00pm.
Team-Elected Arbitration: June 26th, evening
NHL Awards: June 27th
Draft Day 01: June 28th
Draft Day 02: June 29th
Qualifying Offer Date: June 30th
Free Agency Opens: July 1st, 9am PST
Summer Development Camp: July 1st-4th
Player-Elected Arbitration: July 5th
Young Stars Classic Tournament: Sep. 13th-16th

Reactions: Bertuzzzi44

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
I really do think it was him. I was flabbergasted. And his position was so ... stupid. (that was one clue).

Weisbrod almost certainly posted here.

I had one discussion here with notable rabidly pro-Benning/Weisbrod poster where we were discussing the Jankowski draft pick and he was getting more and more riled up and finally posted 'I didn't say that!' to something I referred to Weisbrod saying ... and then quickly deleted the post and left the conversation once he was called on it.

The guy edited his own Wikipedia page FFS. Of course he was trying to manage public opinion in forums like this.

Diamonddog01

Diamond in the rough
Jul 18, 2007
Vancouver
What would the cost be to dump Poolman's LTIR butt? Has it already not been done because lack of insurance ?

This came up recently - I think the consensus is unless there are indications that it's specifically not insured it's safe to assume that it is insured. I think getting rid of this (apparently the team has tried already) is definitely something to pursue now that there is only one year remaining. I also wonder what it would cost to get our 3rd round pick back (given up in the Pearson trade)...if we are going to offersheet an RFA we'll need that (yes I know they are unlikely and almost never work but I still like having the option).

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.

I had one discussion here with notable rabidly pro-Benning/Weisbrod poster where we were discussing the Jankowski draft pick and he was getting more and more riled up and finally posted 'I didn't say that!' to something I referred to Weisbrod saying ... and then quickly deleted the post and left the conversation once he was called on it.

The guy edited his own Wikipedia page FFS. Of course he was trying to manage public opinion in forums like this.
Wonder how much money that guy was paid to sit in an office at Rogers and shitpost on HF

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby

And the plot thickens...

Killer Orcas

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
This came up recently - I think the consensus is unless there are indications that it's specifically not insured it's safe to assume that it is insured. I think getting rid of this (apparently the team has tried already) is definitely something to pursue now that there is only one year remaining. I also wonder what it would cost to get our 3rd round pick back (given up in the Pearson trade)...if we are going to offersheet an RFA we'll need that.
I don't think were in any position to offer sheet anyone nor should we to be honest.

aregora

Jan 6, 2018
The bullet is what I was saying... I don't understand what the argument is here.
After all of the signings that will take place, the Canucks will be over the cap when you take Poolman’s contract into account.

Since they’re over the cap, they will not accrue any salary cap space.

Adding more LTIR players doesn’t change that. It’s just more actual dollars the owner pays without changing the available cap space.

Whether or not other players are waivers eligible doesn’t change that either. It’s irrelevant. Sure you could paper them down on off days but again, LTIR doesn’t come into play here. That's a separate ploy you could do without anyone being on LTIR.

It simply allows the Canucks to go over the cap and use Poolman’s $2.5 million in cap space to sign another replacement player.

Where other teams benefit from it is adding a replacement player and then activating the LTIR player, in addition to his replacement, in time for the playoffs, where the cap doesn’t apply.

The only way we benefit from Poolman is by getting rid of his, and all/any LTIR contracts entirely, as then we can start to accrue cap space that can be weaponized later in the season.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Zadorov is in Vegas for the awards according to his wife’s instagram. Management also set up in their war room in Vegas. We should see something announced within today/tomorrow if they are for real

We could sign Guentzel for $9.5M and Zadorov for $5.3M (using the AFP projection, hopefully a bit less) and still have about $2M in cap room, assuming Silovs also signs for about $1M.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
We could sign Guentzel for $9.5M and Zadorov for $5.3M (using the AFP projection, hopefully a bit less) and still have about $2M in cap room, assuming Silovs also signs for about $1M.

I wouldn't go that high with Zadorov. I get the love for him but he's played the vast majority of his career as 4/5 and it wasn't like this was his first taste of the playoffs either. I don't have a problem giving him term and trade protection but the cap hit has to reflect that.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
I wouldn't go that high with Zadorov. I get the love for him but he's played the vast majority of his career as 4/5 and it wasn't like this was his first taste of the playoffs either. I don't have a problem giving him term and trade protection but the cap hit has to reflect that.

I'm thinking (hoping) it might be under $5 based on the Canucks' recent negotiations - but I'm just hedging my bets by using AFP's projections as a worst case scenario.

Reactions: Jovofan and Vector
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad