Canucks & NHL News, Rumours, and & Fantasy GM | Chaos Undivided

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Last one was over 1,000. Continue here. Use this thread to discuss league-wide trade and free agent rumours. The Around the League thread is for coaching changes, league news, etc.

Vector's NHL Transaction Tracker.

Some Important Off-Season Dates

Buyout Period: June 27th, evening; players without NMCs must be placed on unconditional waivers 24 hours prior (another buyout period opens if a team has a player file for arbitration). This buyout period ends June 30th. 8:00pm.
Team-Elected Arbitration: June 26th, evening
NHL Awards: June 27th
Draft Day 01: June 28th
Draft Day 02: June 29th
Qualifying Offer Date: June 30th
Free Agency Opens: July 1st, 9am PST
Summer Development Camp: July 1st-4th
Player-Elected Arbitration: July 5th
Young Stars Classic Tournament: Sep. 13th-16th

Reactions: mathonwy

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
Why do I feel like we are going to miss out on every available player and go into the season with the same roster down Lindholm/Zadorov? That doesn't exactly inspire confidence.

New York and Tampa Bay are far more desirable locations for an American star forward than Vancouver is.

tbf we were number one in the league before adding those guys

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
Bummer about Marino
agreed. i am more bummed about the fact utah is willing to pay real assets to take on players being moved to clear cap without taking much cap discount if any. that paradigm shift sharply devalues our available cap space compared to yesterday. yesterday i thought we could target and steal a guy like marino because we had the cap. arizona's cap space being injected into the market place potentially has as much impact on cap liquidity as the rise in cap this year. you can see that in real time as the canes likely just lost guentzel.

Reactions: Lindgren

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
said this a few days ago; with marino out and with njd expecting to add pesce, wondering if they're the team for zadarov. they need a left side guy.

utah overpaid on sergachev for sure, but they're doing the right things (building up the defense) to become a playoff team. the west won't be easy.

Reactions: BimJenning

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
They already have Hughes-Soucy down the left. They can’t pay a third guy $5M+ AAV without handicapping the rest of the line-up and their chance at a star free agent.
Some teams have only two RHD's.
The star FA's are gone now.
Zadorov is the highest ranked FA defenceman available. Ranked higher than Soucy, ranked as #3/4.

Marino gone, Guentzel gone.

That Necas, Kokaniemi, ? trade sounds pretty good now, they make that and they might still be able to get the big guy and improve the team.

SelltheTeamFrancesco

Aug 11, 2015
I realized I never posted here that I was sure Sergachev that I thought he would be traded that was in my group chat I did post this though.
IMG_1246.jpeg

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
problem is you’re out completely of the trading game because they have limited to no assets to trade.

Lekk and Willander are the only two with actual value and likely won’t be moved.

So you have your 2025 1st but how many picks do you move given how many have already gone.

So they are solely reliant on FA.

And being a West Coast Canadian team is not helpful.

For sure, and I still think they have lots of options right now on the FA market and at the end of the day you can't force players to come to your team. We may be in a situation where we start the season with cap space to burn and that's not the end of the world.

Reactions: Vector

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
For sure, and I still think they have lots of options right now on the FA market and at the end of the day you can't force players to come to your team. We may be in a situation where we start the season with cap space to burn and that's not the end of the world.
I get it.

But mgmt outright said they weren’t happy with the team.

And right now it’s worse than last year.

They have 3 Top 6 forwards.

There is just an expectation for much more is all.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003

Not surprised by this, I assume they’re starting to get a little sticker shock over what some of these UFA defensemen might be getting on their contracts. Zadorov asking for well over $5M, sounds like Dillon will be more expensive than anticipated. Maybe Cole’s original ask doesn’t sound so bad anymore.

Reactions: theguardianII
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Bolivia vs Panama
    Bolivia vs Panama
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $75.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • USA vs Uruguay