Canucks & NHL News, Rumours, and & Fantasy GM | Chaos Undivided

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Last one was over 1,000. Continue here. Use this thread to discuss league-wide trade and free agent rumours. The Around the League thread is for coaching changes, league news, etc.

Vector's NHL Transaction Tracker.

Some Important Off-Season Dates

Buyout Period: June 27th, evening; players without NMCs must be placed on unconditional waivers 24 hours prior (another buyout period opens if a team has a player file for arbitration). This buyout period ends June 30th. 8:00pm.
Team-Elected Arbitration: June 26th, evening
NHL Awards: June 27th
Draft Day 01: June 28th
Draft Day 02: June 29th
Qualifying Offer Date: June 30th
Free Agency Opens: July 1st, 9am PST
Summer Development Camp: July 1st-4th
Player-Elected Arbitration: July 5th
Young Stars Classic Tournament: Sep. 13th-16th

Reactions: mathonwy

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
Why do I feel like we are going to miss out on every available player and go into the season with the same roster down Lindholm/Zadorov? That doesn't exactly inspire confidence.

New York and Tampa Bay are far more desirable locations for an American star forward than Vancouver is.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
I did not expect Tanner Jeannot to have positive trade value.

Incredible off-season for Tampa Bay. The drop off from Sergachev to Moser is marginal, if that.

Teams keep valuing big bodied guys who could score 20 goals and put up 250+ hits in the right situation. It's why the Joshua signing is solid—likely has decent trade value if we need to move him in the future.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
You know, perhaps getting outbid in signing a 29 year old to a 9+ million per year contract for 7-8 years is not a bad thing, especially with the signing bonuses and nmc typically attached to them
i believe "never get involved in a bidding war for a 29 year old winger" is the third most famous classic blunder.

pitseleh

Jul 30, 2005
Vancouver
You know, perhaps getting outbid in signing a 29 year old to a 9+ million per year contract for 7-8 years is not a bad thing, especially with the signing bonuses and nmc typically attached to them
There’s definitely risk involved, but it feels telling that two of the smartest teams in the league, both of whom rarely sign UFAs to long term deals, are after this player.

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
Friedman:
Guentzel hasn't agreed to a contract. Tampa would be a very aggressive suitor. Lot of people wondering if Tampa is his next destination.

The tax advantage there essentially allows them to work outside the bounds of the Salary Cap. They can offer something no Canadian team comes even close to offering, and that's not even counting the weather.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
No one knows where Guentzel is going. The last two days, Friedman was reporting he was very close and people heavily believed he'd sign with the Hurricanes. Now the speculation has changed to Tampa Bay based on their moves today.

I'll still be surprised if he signs in Vancouver. American star players don't sign in Vancouver.

Reactions: timw33 and lawrence

3rd Sedin

Dec 15, 2010
Regina
I might be taking crazy pills, but…

Maybe Carolina would be open to a sign and trade with us if they think Guentzel might go to Tampa (key Eastern rival)? We give up a 3rd and knock down his cap hit down by tacking on the extra year?

I’m reaching, but just a tiny ray of optimism

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
No one knows where Guentzel is going. The last two days, Friedman was reporting he was very close and people heavily believed he'd sign with the Hurricanes. Now the speculation has changed to Tampa Bay based on their moves today.

I'll still be surprised if he signs in Vancouver. American star players don't sign in Vancouver.
I think regardless he is staying on the East Coast somewhere.

Too many teams in competition for him to come here now.

Reactions: Vector

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC

Our best bet was Reinhart but then they won the Cup

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
Everyone needs to remember that the insiders that had linked us to stuff have just flat out been completely wrong on the whole and the Canucks are almost always the ones to post their own deals out of the blue without insiders tipping things off. This isn't the Benning era where we know who were were drafting and signing months in advance.

Just let the process play out and try to remain calm, this process feels like a musical chairs because it is—they've set themselves up to actively participate, however.

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
Everyone needs to remember that the insiders that had linked us to stuff have just flat out been completely wrong on the whole and the Canucks are almost always the ones to post their own deals out of the blue without insiders tipping things off. This isn't the Benning era where we know who were were drafting and signing months in advance.

Just let the process play out and try to remain calm, this process feels like a musical chairs because it is—they've set themselves up to actively participate, however.
problem is you’re out completely of the trading game because they have limited to no assets to trade.

Lekk and Willander are the only two with actual value and likely won’t be moved.

So you have your 2025 1st but how many picks do you move given how many have already gone.

So they are solely reliant on FA.

And being a West Coast Canadian team is not helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Bolivia vs Panama
    Bolivia vs Panama
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $175.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • USA vs Uruguay
    USA vs Uruguay