Canucks & NHL News, Rumours, and & Fantasy GM | Chaos Undivided

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Last one was over 1,000. Continue here. Use this thread to discuss league-wide trade and free agent rumours. The Around the League thread is for coaching changes, league news, etc.

Vector's NHL Transaction Tracker.

Some Important Off-Season Dates

Buyout Period: June 27th, evening; players without NMCs must be placed on unconditional waivers 24 hours prior (another buyout period opens if a team has a player file for arbitration). This buyout period ends June 30th. 8:00pm.
Team-Elected Arbitration: June 26th, evening
NHL Awards: June 27th
Draft Day 01: June 28th
Draft Day 02: June 29th
Qualifying Offer Date: June 30th
Free Agency Opens: July 1st, 9am PST
Summer Development Camp: July 1st-4th
Player-Elected Arbitration: July 5th
Young Stars Classic Tournament: Sep. 13th-16th

Reactions: mathonwy

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
Primary Team Needs:

1. Elite Top 6 Winger
  2. Top 4 Physical Defenceman

Secondary Team Needs:
  1. Back up goalie
  2. 3rd line 2-way offensive Center
  3. 6th Dman

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown

Guentzel:
-not going to be a big difference in money over the next 72 hours
-no one will pay him more than 10m a year
-is going to come down to fit and where he wants to live
-what matter is the total amount of money rather than AAV
-all the others will be similar
-Canucks willing to stretch to 7y/9.5m

Reinhart:
-not making it to market

Marchessault:
-most likely to stay in Vegas

DeBrusk:
-potentially heading to a team in Alberta

Toffoli & Teuravainen:
-has no idea where these two end up

Arvidsson:
-thinks the Oilers will take a run at him

Montour:
-ask from him is very hefty
-Panthers made a decision to prioritize Forsling

Tanev:
-a lot of people view it as between Stars and Maple Leafs
-not a done deal at all
-doesn't see the Canucks pivoting and trying to bulk up the defence

Trades:
-would be shocked if you don't see something in top-6 picks
-Hurricanes were really close on a Necas trade that didn't happen
-doesn't think Marner gets traded this weekend
-Trouba, McGroarty, and more; there's a lot that's happening
-fully believes Askarov will be in play

Silovs:
-doesn't know that it's set in stone that he's the Canucks back-up
-could potentially trade him if they are worried about an offer sheet
-not many teams looking for a goalie
-goalie trade returns are usually suppressed

Bonham

Nov 24, 2008
Victoria, BC
Why does it feel like Toffoli's name has come up more than any other player in the last couple years?

Just seems like such a lukewarm addition.

If they strike out on the big names, I would much rather they sign depth and go into the season with cap space. Look for opportunities to add to the roster once teams start dropping out of the picture.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
I spit out my coffee when I saw AFP has Toffoli at 4x$6M. Who da F is gonna give him that. Hopefully not us.
AFP = draft pick value sites = jfresh charts = oil fan pdo regression crybabies

Toffoli and Tanev will be here for eight million, this team knows its close and wants to ephin win.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Devils shopping Marino, wonder what the ask is. Should be all over that.
Wonder if they’d have to pay. Feel like teams may just hedge and hope they can get one of the 2nd pair RDs in FA for “free”

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Wonder if they’d have to pay. Feel like teams may just hedge and hope they can get one of the 2nd pair RDs in FA for “free”

Question for me is whether they want to ditch the salary entirely or just reallocate to open up a spot on the right side for Pesce. Said before, I’d do something around Garland straight across probably, which would open up a bit more salary and complete the blue line.

I can’t imagine Marino’s value is terribly high, maybe a 2nd rounder on an equivalent basis?

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
LMAO did Allvin just school Millstein...

Allvin- Hey Millstein, go help us find a trade for your Mikhayev and we will use that money and cap to sign your other client Z.

Millstein- you got it boss.

Mikhayev to Chicago completed.

Allvin: Psyche!
Fool me one time, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me three times..

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
I'm more interested in trades than ufa at this point

the tea leaves don't sound good for UFA, id look into UFA after the initial rush ends

Izzy Goodenough

Oct 11, 2020
its been stated from the moment that they got lindholm that they’re content with him being a rental

… did you want them to return the exact same team?
Allvin said in several interviews the intention was to sign both Z and Lindy but that they were ok if Lindy walked, not that they were ok if Lindy walked.

Are people so shell shocked by the Benning era's horrible asset management that through their rose coloured glasses they can't see when it happens in the new regime.

The trades with a competitor in the same division, no less, strengthened the Canucks for a few months but will strengthen the Flames for a few years at minimum.

Get smart.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Allvin said in several interviews the intention was to sign both Z and Lindy but that they were ok if Lindy walked, not that they were ok if Lindy walked.

Are people so shell shocked by the Benning era's horrible asset management that through their rose coloured glasses they can't see when it happens in the new regime.

The trades with a competitor in the same division, no less, strengthened the Canucks for a few months but will strengthen the Flames for a few years at minimum.

Get smart.
Strengthen the Flames. 😆

Reactions: dez

ProviesGhost

Sponsor
Jun 5, 2011
Vancouver

Get smart.
If you're going to try and troll, at least be good at it.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown

Get smart.

I see you've pivoted from shouting about how the Canucks ran out of time to this. Good to know.

JimmyJiveJones

Jan 28, 2019

Silovs:
-doesn't know that it's set in stone that he's the Canucks back-up
-could potentially trade him if they are worried about an offer sheet
-not many teams looking for a goalie
-goalie trade returns are usually suppresed

I dont understand, he literally came into the Playoffs and won 5 games. Hes perfectly capable. He can handle the backup workload. Hes an RFA, we should be able to re-sign him at a pretty team friendly AAV

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
I dont understand, he literally came into the Playoffs and won 5 games. Hes perfectly capable. He can handle the backup workload. Hes an RFA, we should be able to re-sign him at a pretty team friendly AAV

It's been suggested here a few times but they are probably looking for a Martin Jones-type. A veteran NHLer than will either push Silovs to the AHL where he can be the starter or go to the AHL themselves. Then if/when Demko gets injured they don't throw Silovs and another goalie to the wolves for an extended period of time.

Reactions: bossram
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad