Canucks & NHL News, Rumours, and & Fantasy GM | Chaos Undivided

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Last one was over 1,000. Continue here. Use this thread to discuss league-wide trade and free agent rumours. The Around the League thread is for coaching changes, league news, etc.

Vector's NHL Transaction Tracker.

Some Important Off-Season Dates

Buyout Period: June 27th, evening; players without NMCs must be placed on unconditional waivers 24 hours prior (another buyout period opens if a team has a player file for arbitration). This buyout period ends June 30th. 8:00pm.
Team-Elected Arbitration: June 26th, evening
NHL Awards: June 27th
Draft Day 01: June 28th
Draft Day 02: June 29th
Qualifying Offer Date: June 30th
Free Agency Opens: July 1st, 9am PST
Summer Development Camp: July 1st-4th
Player-Elected Arbitration: July 5th
Young Stars Classic Tournament: Sep. 13th-16th

Reactions: mathonwy

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
This is shaping up to be one of the most wowza price tag and term UFA seasons. Good for management to get all the house keeping on bluger, DJ, and Myers done. Some of the contracts on July 1 is going to be a ball park above.

iFan

May 5, 2013
Calgary
Marino and Dillion would be fantastic adds. I'm not sure how we would fit both in, well hopefully landing legit winger for Pettersson.

ArtursSilovsShirt

King Arturs 👑
Jun 21, 2006
Kelowna, BC
Basically said that the agent said the zadorov situation is not over, I’m paraphrasing because I did not expect him to delete it.

I really wonder if they overplayed their hand, and allvin basically told them to f*** off

Probably zadorov is pissed

I saw it but didn't get a screenshot. However, I think you may have been misinterpreting it. From what I remember, it was Dhali more saying that Milstein needed more time to respond and provide a comment to him, not that Milstein said more time was needed on the negotiation front. It came across to me as a weird and kind of unnecessary tweet (basically dhali saying that he didn't get a comment from milstein yet), so that's likely why he deleted it

Reactions: Bgav and DekeyPete

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
I saw it but didn't get a screenshot. However, I think you may have been misinterpreting it. From what I remember, it was Dhali more saying that Milstein needed more time to respond and provide a comment to him, not that Milstein said more time was needed on the negotiation front. It came across to me as a weird and kind of unnecessary tweet (basically dhali saying that he didn't get a comment from milstein yet), so that's likely why he deleted it
OK, good. I’m not going crazy.

It was definitely a weird tweet, I really wish I could see exactly what it said again, I could very well be misunderstanding it

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
starting to wonder if that was 100% the point of this odd 11:30 draft day press conference
i still think they should just take this to july 1. i think there’s better bets for the blueline

if the tanev thing seems dead, circle back.

just get qh to tamper and figure it out today

Reactions: Vector

illogic

Apr 12, 2005
OK, good. I’m not going crazy.

It was definitely a weird tweet, I really wish I could see exactly what it said again, I could very well be misunderstanding it
I did see a tweet of Dhaliwal asking Milstein if he had any comment on the Zadorov situation and Milstein responding that he'd have more comments in the next week or so (paraphrasing) followed by a bunch of laughing emojis (I think, can't really remember).

Not sure if that's what you're referring to. FWIW, I didn't really interpret that as "the negotiations aren't over yet".

Hodgy

Feb 23, 2012
It's easy to forget that 6 months ago market value for Zad at 3.75M was a 3rd.
Value of players is always depressed early on in season since teams don’t have cap space. Zadorov wanted out of Calgary and so they needed to move him, and the Canucks were able to free up cap space by trading Beauvillier.

His value has also increased since he had a big playoffs too.

With that said, he’s what, worth a second right now? Probably similar to Marino?

Canucks LB

Oct 12, 2008
I did see a tweet of Dhaliwal asking Milstein if he had any comment on the Zadorov situation and Milstein responding that he'd have more comments in the next week or so (paraphrasing) followed by a bunch of laughing emojis (I think, can't really remember).

Not sure if that's what you're referring to. FWIW, I didn't really interpret that as "the negotiations aren't over yet".
It was a different one, it mentioned melstein Specifically about zadorov.

There were no laughing emojis

I guess it doesn’t matter, nobody has the screenshot.

I think it was just a slip up

Reactions: illogic

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
With idiotstick linking the Canucks to the Devils, I wonder what the asking price would be. Marino kind of went for a song to New Jersey - is he still undervalued in a trade? Or has his value picked up given his cost control and coveted spot for 3 years?

ratbid

Feb 18, 2012
Sucks to lose Zadorov's size/physicality. Hopefully they address that to some extent.

Dillon on the backend would be nice and Trenin on the 4th line would be great. Trenin might be a bit pricey for a 4th liner though.

Obviously not the same as Big Z, but would help offset that loss.

Canucks LB

Oct 12, 2008
With idiotstick linking the Canucks to the Devils, I wonder what the asking price would be. Marino kind of went for a song to New Jersey - is he still undervalued in a trade? Or has his value picked up given his cost control and coveted spot for 3 years?
Good question what would the trade value be?

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
I definitely don’t think Zadorov and Milstein thought Allvin would say “CYA” on June 28. Milstein even said they wouldn’t revisit discussions till he was done with the draft .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad