Status
Not open for further replies.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Last one was over 1,000. Continue here.

Vector's NHL Transaction Tracker.

Some Important Off-Season Dates

Buyout Period: 48 hours after the SCF; players without NMCs must be placed on unconditional waivers 24 hours prior (another buyout period opens if a team has a player file for arbitration)
Team-Elected Arbitration: 48 hours after the SCF
Draft Day 01: June 28th
Draft Day 02: June 29th
Qualifying Offer Date: July 1st
Free Agency Opens: July 1st, 9am PST
Summer Development Camp: July 1st-4th
Player-Elected Arbitration: July 5th
Young Stars Classic Tournament: Sep. 13th-16th

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Vector

SelltheTeamFrancesco

Aug 11, 2015
If that's the entire trade - pretty shrewd of LA to get out from under that awful deal. Although I don't think Kuemper is the answer in net for the Kings.

EDIT:

It is 1-for-1.

Nice work by LA. WTF is Washington doing?

Damn this helps out the Kings big time. And they could enter now Guentzel sweepstakes.

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
Absolute robbery by LA.

Just goes to show there are still a bunch f moronic GMs around and FA hasn’t even started yet.

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
It’s pretty funny that even GMs and teams are saying screw this month long SCF and are breaking the unspoken rule of not making big signings and trades until after. Extending this SCF well until late June is ridiculous.
I blame Florida. Should be done by now.

Reactions: arttk

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
Just like Dhali, proclaiming over 2 million less cap space available than the team has.
Zadorov - 5, Myers - 3, Joshua - 2.2, Guentzel - 9, Blueger 2 and Dillion at 2.5 mil. Super stout defence.

Easy peasy, 21.2 mil, less than 10% over the cap allowed for the summer.
Demko
And still have a chance to get Necas, Demko/Silovs plus Mikheyev or Garland, and/or Mikheyev/Garland for Laine with retention. Carolina really want a goalie. They either let Necas go to arbitration and then trade or sign and trade. I would think if he signs before July 1 then he would be traded. They could also let a team talk to the agent and get a pre-approved contract done, another 8 year deal with a pre-draft trade of his rights. That could make 8 X 8 a very good deal for the Canucks. But Mikheyev and Garland would have to go, well maybe one of them anyway.

Next year Boeser gets traded at some time or he walks and the team picks up 6.6 mil plus the cap increase and the team still has Necas and Guentzel as inhouse replacements. Maybe with Necas taking over most 2nd center duties with Miller on a wing and for FO's.

If Demko goes, and he has been injured jus about every year he should be worth as much as Markstrom.

Those moves improve the forward ranks in size, speed and cap space.

All would make next year the best team possible. Even at the cost of some more draft picks. It puts a lot of faith in Lettermaki, Karlsson, Willander, Hoglander to improve a lot.

Great to see some Canuck news. Isn't the buyout time right around now?

StickShift

In a pickle 🥒
Feb 29, 2004
New York
I’m actually shocked that Goodrow, Dubois, and Markstrom-retention has been moved so easily.

I thought the Canucks would need to pay through the nose to unload Mikheyev but now I feel less sure of that.

His injury history does complicate things though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad