Status
Not open for further replies.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Last one was over 1,000. Continue here.

Vector's NHL Transaction Tracker.

Some Important Off-Season Dates

Buyout Period: 48 hours after the SCF; players without NMCs must be placed on unconditional waivers 24 hours prior (another buyout period opens if a team has a player file for arbitration)
Team-Elected Arbitration: 48 hours after the SCF
Draft Day 01: June 28th
Draft Day 02: June 29th
Qualifying Offer Date: July 1st
Free Agency Opens: July 1st, 9am PST
Summer Development Camp: July 1st-4th
Player-Elected Arbitration: July 5th
Young Stars Classic Tournament: Sep. 13th-16th

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Vector

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
A big step backwards coming?
Setting up for the 2026 #1 draft pick?

They can't afford to spend money on Hronek, Joshua, Zadorov and a mythical winger to make Pettersson better?

Or they can't afford to not keep all of the above and work to trade for a mythical winger?

LandfiII

SMD
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
Why wouldn't they? They wanna win now and had a very underwhelming season. With Hughes and Nemec on ELCs, now's the right time to make a trade like that.
Demko is the ultimate wildcard. At 5m he's cheap enough for a contender to figure out and he's good enough to change your ceiling a few levels. But then it seems to be you're just waiting on *poof*. But that year no *poof*...

Cancuks

Former Exalted Ruler
Jan 13, 2014
At the EI office
Canucks are in win now mode they're not dealing Demko for the 10th overall pick which will take 2-3 years to develop or turn into a bust. And the Devils aren't adding Nemec to the deal. If Silovs outplays Demko next season then I can see him being dealt a year before he becomes a UFA.

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
Myers at the veteran minimum is an overpayment

Dude sucks

Soucy-Myers we’re a trash pairing in the playoffs.
This is just a ridiculously emotional take.

Myers was a really solid #4 this year who offers some assets (big, right handed, some offensive IQ) that teams way way overpay for.

If we can get him for less than 3 million on a 2, or even 3, year contract you take that and run.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Canucks are in win now mode they're not dealing Demko for the 10th overall pick which will take 2-3 years to develop or turn into a bust. And the Devils aren't adding Nemec to the deal. If Silovs outplays Demko next season then I can see him being dealt a year before he becomes a UFA.
I might have agreed with you if Demko had been healthy all season.....but the harsh reality is that he was on the shelf at the time when the Canucks needed him most. And it's not the first time it's happened.

They key to any successful trade is dealing a guy at the top of the market--like they did with Horvat. Despite his late season injury woes, Demko was a Vezina Trophy finalist this season. If he was available, he'd easily be the top goaltender on the market.

And there's so many desperate teams out there that figure they're only one 'franchise goalie' away from going on a long Cup run--that they could be shoveling assets off the back of a truck.

Not saying it'll happen.....but with Allvin, you have to expect the unexpected.

oceanchild

Jul 5, 2009
Whitehorse, YT
I see Canucks Army is floating out a trial balloon about what might have been unthinkable before this past season--a major trade involving Thatcher Demko.

Admittedly it would be a serious roll of the dice for Vancouver with no logical starter waiting in the wings. But with teams like the Devils, Islanders, Detroit and to a lesser extent the Leafs and the Hurricanes desperate for a franchise goalie, the return to the Canucks could be massive.

For example, the Devils are offering up their first round draft pick (10th overall)......plus maybe Alexander Holtz and maybe a top defensive prospect like Simon Nemec. Would a return like that be enough to tempt Allvin?
If they are offering Nemec, Holtz and the 10th. You grab that and run. I think the return would mirror what Schneider got.

Reactions: Killer Orcas

strattonius

Jul 4, 2011
Surrey, BC
I think if you are 'out' on Myers you're probably just tired of the name on the plate. This guy completely turned his game around with Tocchet and wants to sign a team friendly deal.

I was in the same camp last year. Just completely fed up with Myers. But we saw a transformation about 20 games in to the season. The simplified and effective Tyler Myers emerged.

It doesn't sound like he's looking for too much term. No reason to think Myers doesn't have a couple more years in him.

Reactions: MarkusNaslund19

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021

The idea would be 2 fold:

1. Create more cap space by going from Demko to Silovs
2. Using the assets in a Demko trade as extra ammunition to make a trade that helps us win now and retain a young-ish player. Or possibly even make it a 3 way trade.

Not that i support the idea of trading Demko,

but what if lets say the Flames are interested in rebuilding.

To NJD: Thatcher Demko

To CGY 10th overall pick

To Van: Rasmus Andersson

Something along those lines.

Reactions: biturbo19

Burke's Evil Spirit

Oct 29, 2002
San Francisco
Tyson Jost is someone I would be interested in at a minimum wage deal. See if he can rediscover a bit of his game and push for a fourth line spot, or maybe be a play driver in Abbotsford.

Good shout. At the very least, would love to see him centering Raty or Lekkerimaki next season in Abbotsford. And who knows what the upside is, lots of guys really take off once they're out of the Sabres Suck Vortex.

Reactions: Mr. Canucklehead

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Good shout. At the very least, would love to see him centering Raty or Lekkerimaki next season in Abbotsford. And who knows what the upside is, lots of guys really take off once they're out of the Sabres Suck Vortex.

There's a bit of a BC connection there too, as he played junior hockey in Penticton. Hard to believe he's only 26 - but he's clearly shown before he can be a reliable bottom six guy in the NHL. Just had successive disappointing stints in Minnesota and Buffalo.

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
No news of a Zadorov signing after leaks that the Canucks were making him their best offer this weekend.

I think it might be time to look for a replacement.

It seems to me , the Canucks are not signing any of their current UFA's just yet until they can see what it will take to sign Geuntzel.

I know there's that 1 week window before July 1, I imagine the Canucks will know what it will take to sign JG, then sign the likes of Bleuger and Joshua etc. that same week .

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
There's a bit of a BC connection there too, as he played junior hockey in Penticton. Hard to believe he's only 26 - but he's clearly shown before he can be a reliable bottom six guy in the NHL. Just had successive disappointing stints in Minnesota and Buffalo.

The most appealing thing, to me is, that if the Canucks are going to be as tight against the cap as we suspect, his cap hit could actually be lower than most of the internal solutions.

Reactions: Mr. Canucklehead

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
No news of a Zadorov signing after leaks that the Canucks were making him their best offer this weekend.

I think it might be time to look for a replacement.

It seems to me , the Canucks are not signing any of their current UFA's just yet until they can see what it will take to sign Geuntzel.

I know there's that 1 week window before July 1, I imagine the Canucks will know what it will take to sign JG, then sign the likes of Bleuger and Joshua etc. that same week .

Dhaliwal's show, the guy who reported this, hasn't even started yet today. Also, the report from Dhaliwal wasn't that a final offer was coming this weekend but would be "coming soon". That's as nebulous a timeframe as you can get.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
The most appealing thing, to me is, that if the Canucks are going to be as tight against the cap as we suspect, his cap hit could actually be lower than most of the internal solutions.

Agreed.

Also - it's one thing to want your guys internally to fill some bottom of the roster spots. But I can't imagine the Canucks will just head into camp with rookies penciled into their bottom six with no Plan B in place. Bringing in a few veterans to spur some competition at camp and make them earn those spots is the fairly typical thing to occur.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Anyone who is talking about trading our Vezina-nominated, sweetheart-contract starting goalie for draft pickz while we're trying to take a step forward and win a cup should grab a large hammer and hit themselves on the head a couple times until those thoughts go away.

Jerry the great

Jul 8, 2022
he's a good buy low candidate for sure. it would presumably be a contract that you could easily bury in Abby and if his mental health is okay, he could be a useful depth guy.

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
The same comment goes back a couple years ago.

If mgmt believes Demko's health will continue to be an issue AND they can get substantial value for him THEN you CONSIDER trading him.

I highly doubt either one.

Besides, Demko makes $5M. You still need another goalie and one who could tandem with Silovs.

And wanting a goalie with experience, it would not be much difference in AAV than Demko currently makes.

So you stand pat and hope Demko remains healthy while giving Silovs a good amount of games next year.

Izzy Goodenough

Oct 11, 2020
NJD are looking for a Goalie though they, like Toronto, Edmonton, Buffalo, and CBJ are generally way, way too smart than to invest in a top flight Tender for a critical need and would be offering 50cents on the Dollar in hopes that Elmer is still running Aquiland.

Last edited:

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
I think there will be quite a few older vet 3rd line centers in FA at cheap prices.

Mikheyev for Laine? Another trade suggestion. In a heartbeat. Throw in Woo and/or ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Slovakia vs Romania
    Slovakia vs Romania
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,600.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Ukraine vs Belgium
    Ukraine vs Belgium