Canucks News, Rumours, and & Fantasy GM | Let the negotiations through the media begin!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Grip it N RYP it

Apr 20, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
Some interesting contract projections in today's TheAthletic article, via Evolving-Hockey.

Not sure if we can post the article but some are far more reasonable, than what we've been hearing from agent based sources.

StickShift

In a pickle 🥒
Feb 29, 2004
New York
That one wasn’t even a week old!
I just gotta say I enjoyed the quality of discourse we had in that last thread.

This is genuinely an off-season I am looking forward to because it feels like there are so many different paths that this team could take over the next six weeks—each with different styles, pros/cons, and trade-offs.

And it feels like there is a spectrum of opinions even among the loudest voices on this forum about which players to invest in or not. There is not a ton of consensus even from line to line, or player to player.

This is generally just a refreshing place for us to be. Typically, Canucks off-seasons have been about anticipating the next questionable move they would make and trying to make the best out of a shitty situation.

It’s different, it’s fun. Even if some of you are very wrong and should be publicly shamed in the street—I still enjoy seeing the different perspectives.

Baby Pettersson

Mar 8, 2014
Saskatoon
Some interesting contract projections in today's TheAthletic article, via Evolving-Hockey.

Not sure if we can post the article but some are far more reasonable, than what we've been hearing from agent based sources.
Hint for everybody and it's perfectly legal. Open the page you want to read. Then download the page for offline viewing.

Boom! Free articles!

(To a certain extent, you won't be able to expand everything on every article)

Last edited:

StickShift

In a pickle 🥒
Feb 29, 2004
New York

Those are the “most likely” contract projections from evolving hockey. I think they only look up to the most recent regular season stats. So, for example, what Zadorov or Joshua did in the playoffs may not be reflected in those projections.

That website distributes the likelihood of any UFA/RFA agent signing for 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8 years too and then estimates what the expected cap hit would be for the given term based on comparable players/past-seasons/salary cap inflation.

I paid for a membership last year to the website. If anyone is curious about a certain player just @ me.

Reactions: Baby Pettersson

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown

I found the ones from Evolving-Hockey all over the place while AFP’s, to me, seem more realistic.

Reactions: Grip it N RYP it

PavelBure10

The Russian Rocket
Aug 25, 2009
Okanagan
I actually have faith in the management so I am sure they will do what's best for the organization, even if it means losing out on Lindholm, Zadorov and Joshua.

Lindholm has priced himself out, and honestly 8 million for a 29 year old who is most likely looking for a retirement plan. Who is probably on the decline of his career, I am not overly worried about losing Lindholm, although he played great in the playoffs. Still a great trade that was well worth the gamble to better our odds in the playoffs.

I am a little surprised that rumored lowball offer to Joshua in the low side of just over 2 million, but this really was Joshua's breakout year and it so happened to fall in Joshua's contract year. A 1 year show me deal would be awesome, but it's not likely Joshua's party will be interested in that. Highly likely that Dakota priced himself out of Vancouver since he is probably looking to cash out. Unfortunate.

Zadorov is going to hurt to lose. As soon as Zadorov join the Canucks you could feel the presence he had on the ice. A physical beast, great teammate and a amazing character off of the ice. Just having the big Z in the lineup you knew the Canucks felt more comfortable. With the rumored numbers of 5-6 million long term, Zads may simply be too expensive to keep. Which kills me because I think this player is a huge presence on this team and in the locker room. I am truly hoping the both sides come to a mutual agreement and sign on the low side of 5 million. The deal could bite the Canucks in the ass, but I really think the big Z is invaluable on this team. He just brings so much on the ice and off. I liked this player as soon as I seen the monster hits that he threw, but loved him after watching him on after hours. A real character who is a excellent spokesman for the game.

Even if all 3 players are lost due to being too expensive, I still have faith that Allvin and Rutherford have a few tricks up their sleeve.

This off-season is going to be exciting as hell.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
That definitely one that stands out. The Zadorov and Joshua projections aren’t right either.

Dhaliwal basically said today he sent a couple of those projections to agents and the response was "LOL".

Reactions: Vector

Grip it N RYP it

Apr 20, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
Those are the “most likely” contract projections from evolving hockey. I think they only look up to the most recent regular season stats. So, for example, what Zadorov or Joshua did in the playoffs may not be reflected in those projections.

That website distributes the likelihood of any UFA/RFA agent signing for 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8 years too and then estimates what the expected cap hit would be for the given term based on comparable players/past-seasons/salary cap inflation.

I paid for a membership last year to the website. If anyone is curious about a certain player just @ me.

Ah that makes more sense. Some seemed fair and some didn't look right.

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
The best forward potentially available is Marner (Tkachuk is not moving).

I just wonder about him wanting to re-sign at an absurd number. That's really the only hesitation. With a team like VGK circling, i'd hate for him to end up there and within the division.

Last edited:

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
The best forward potentially available is Marner (Tkachuk ain't moving).

I just wonder about him wanting to re-sign at an absurd number. That's really the only hesitation. With a team like VGK circling, i'd hate for him to end up there and within the division.

Vegas picking him up from Toronto and then winning another Cup would be the most NHL thing ever.

Nov 1, 2011
Just give matching $6m x 8 years offers to Hronek and Lindholm (both front loaded).

Then work from there.

Reactions: oceanchild
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad