Rumor: Canucks making their final offer on Zadorov this weekend. There are rumblings that some teams are prepared to offer him 6x6 on July 1

strattonius

Jul 4, 2011
Surrey, BC
How many weekends have they made their final offer now

Can you count how many soon to be UFAs have already signed? These players want to see what other offers are available before committing abd rightfully so.

This doesn't speak to a 'final offer'. That offer could've happened 3 weeks ago, one time, but we obviously have to wait till July 1st.

BluesyShoes

Unregistered User
Dec 11, 2010
Rutherford made it pretty clear they've made their offers to the UFAs and that the ball is in their court now:

SN: General manager Patrik Allvin said Hronek was at the top of the pecking order among your free agents. Could his re-signing untangle other negotiations and lead to some of your UFAs getting signed?

JR:
Wherever they fall in the pecking order. . . we're in business here to sign players. We've talked enough to some of our players and, you know, it's really their choice now. And if not, we're only a number of days away from free agency. One way or the other, we'll have a better understanding of what our team is pretty soon. (. . .) Of course, it's a little bit of a juggling act trying to figure out how to fit. . . these guys within our cap. Our projections compared to what players think they should get may not be the same. And then if you just give the player what they want, that means there could be another player that you can't add to your lineup.

SN: Are you playing hard ball – holding the line at what you think the players are worth in the context of what the Canucks can afford to pay?

JR:
I don't know. I mean, we have a cap and we have a budget. Somewhere along that line, there always has to be give and take within negotiations and as much as you think you'd like to hold the line, it doesn't necessarily turn out that way.

Sportsnet; June 20, 2024

Sounds like offers have been made that are lower than they will see on the open market. If guys want security that they'll be in Vancouver, they can take those deals. If they want to wait for July 1st, they are going to have to compete with the rest of the UFA class. If other UFAs around the league want to come to Van and take the Canuck's first offer, than guys like Zadorov, Blueger, Joshua will be on the outside looking in (if they even actually want to stay. For at least Joshua's sake I hope he goes for the bag, given his age and his career earnings.)

Not sure where Allvin and Rutherford get their confidence that players want to come to Van, but they certainly have it and have been open about it in the past. For whatever reason I believe them to an extent, they are well connected through the league and have a coaching staff I'm sure some players really want to play for; but who knows, maybe they are bluffing. Personally I'm expecting a high turnover of players with some unconsidered names coming in, just as it was last year.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
So I'm guessing the final offer was made and rejected because we would have heard something by now.

I think he ends up in Toronto and on one hand I like the idea of a Zadorov-Mccabe pair, that would be quite physical and I like that.

On the other I don't know that I will like the contract

Reverend Mayhem

Tell me all your thoughts on God
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
So I'm guessing the final offer was made and rejected because we would have heard something by now.

I think he ends up in Toronto and on one hand I like the idea of a Zadorov-Mccabe pair, that would be quite physical and I like that.

On the other I don't know that I will like the contract

Who knows? A guy like Z is one piece the Leafs need, but not at the cost at what he’s going to sign for.

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
Who knows? A guy like Z is one piece the Leafs need, but not at the cost at what he’s going to sign for.
Guys gonna turn a once in a life time offensive output playoffs into a giant mistake for whoever signs him. Toronto doesn't have a good enough top four to shelter this guy and wasting any capspace on a third pair d when you have like three 11 million dollar players is lunacy.

Reactions: Reverend Mayhem

Sideline

May 23, 2004
I don’t think it ends up as a top 3 worst contract signed this summer, Pesce is falling apart at light speed and will probably get more. At least Zadorov is entertaining to watch.
I agree that Pesce is another prime candidate to get an albatross contract, but we need to wait and see who gets what to start ranking the worst.

bringbacktheskate604

Jul 20, 2022
I think he ends up staying. We know an offer was made last week and it must be at least a good enough offer that it wasn't outright turned down since there's been no posturing via the media by his agent.
The rumour is the nucks offered between 4.5-5 million so if true it's probably term. Zadorov from the start has said term trump's money so he probably wants six years the nucks maybe want five?
My guess is after seeing what Demalo got we see a similar AAV with nucks giving in on term with six years.
It's like the old adage says, when both sides want a deal, one usually gets done.
Clearly Vancouver is his preference and JR made it clear that from our UFA's he was the top priority, only behind Hronek RFA

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad