Post-Game Talk: Canucks Lose 4-3 (OT) vs Wild

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Guilty

I think the longevity worries were totally valid

That is until you saw the f***ing peanuts contract he signed for and then knowing it would have taken less.
Guilty as well, and I was super hyped to land Schmidt who fell on his face here

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
What’s maybe the most frustrating part is this management was supposed to be proactive, the entire Canucks fanbase was waiting for significant change, even change for the sake of change.

You had literally the entire fan base in the palm of your hands, and you double down on the same core.

You just know the only card they have left to play is Bo Horvat.

Unless they really do something that is beyond words, and that’s trade a player after signing an eight year contract, has not even been done before?

Petey O

I can teach you how to play gicky gackers
Feb 26, 2021
Brock Boeser
Maybe all of those guys on this forum thinking it might have been a good idea to not bring back Boudreau were onto something. But "Bruce there it is!" sounds so quirky and the fans are so engaged. Great marketing opportunity.

Reactions: geebaan

Baby Pettersson

Mar 8, 2014
Saskatoon
This is the second time in about a year where the room has been lost. Maybe it's not the coaches?
Agreed. I just want out management to actually do something. I'm sick of hearing let's just wait and see how this season plays out. We've been doing that for 10 years now. Let's make some real change. Coach, players, hockey sticks. Change it all!

bbud

Sep 10, 2008
BC
Amazed at what all 4 Canucks were doing at the end there LOL

Maybe dumbfounded is a better term.
Been on a while one broken stick and a delayed pp outmanned it happens im dumbfounded by how bad pp and pk have been by what pure shite Hughes has been the end there made sense

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Maybe all of those guys on this forum thinking it might have been a good idea to not bring back Boudreau were onto something. But "Bruce there it is!" sounds so quirky and the fans are so engaged. Great marketing opportunity.
I was cool with bringing him back. I was not cool with bringing back Boeser and the same d-core.

Ruthervin

Jul 30, 2022
Seattle
Any chance this core had was basically flushed down the toilet the second Dim Jim decided to let go of Tanev because he needed cap space for OEL.

Might actually be a worse decision than Eriksson.
Agreed. Losing Tanev was such an astronomic blow both on and off the ice. Very crucial and detrimental mistake made by our management at that time. Oh well - past is the past.

As a group and a fanbase, we need to focus on what we can do to get better and help this team moving forward. 0-3-2 is obviously not ideal, but picking up a point against a very good and very desperate Wild team on your 4th game in 6th night is something you can build upon. Point in two straight games.

Reactions: Indiana

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
I know I'm jumping the gun saying this but id fire the coach. Not saying he's the sole problem here but the room is lost. Maybe we can salvage this poor start but I can't see a happy path he can lead us down from here on out.

Fire coaches in back to back years? Yeah not happening, it’s not the coach. The players for some f***ing reason cannot get their heads out their own asses.

I’m as frustrated as the rest of y’all but damn, a win would’ve changed my mood. They just need that first win.

Reactions: Baby Pettersson

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
I don't even know. They played alright considering its the end of a tough road trip.

The PP that tied it was a bad break with Myers stick snapping, then I dont even know what that abomination of a call was at the end - really frustrating given Fluery did the same thing to Miller earlier.

This one doesn't feel the same as the others, but the result still isn't there.

Canucks LB

Oct 12, 2008
This is 100% not a coaching problem, yes, he deserves criticism for his overtime choices, but this core has been doing this for a year after year, there’s something seriously wrong with the dressing room, multiple reports about this now, I’m buying into it.

Man, I would love to be a fly on the wall in the dressing room

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
Just re-watching the last half of the third, Myers is such a tire fire. Constantly following forwards up towards his OWN blueline, not playing his side of the net, not rotating properly. OEL covered for him tons of times but you can see how much chaos those kinds of plays cause.

Not impressed by his turtle defence on the OT goal either, or his penalty...didn't see the replay but it looks like he kicked his leg out to trip the guy?

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Agreed. Losing Tanev was such an astronomic blow both on and off the ice. Very crucial and detrimental mistake made by our management at that time. Oh well - past is the past.

As a group and a fanbase, we need to focus on what we can do to get better and help this team moving forward. 0-3-2 is obviously not ideal, but picking up a point against a very good and very desperate Wild team on your 4th game in 6th night is something you can build upon. Point in two straight games.
I think this part is just more salt in the wound besides the fact that he was perfect with Hughes. Canuck players referred to him as "dad" and said he'd always invite over the young guys and newcomers to his house for dinners, that's the kind of shit that helps a team bond together. You look at how Schmidt seemed like an outcast here, Dickinson allegedly commenting about hos the locker room is cliquey and not really united as one, and I bet Tanev could've helped big time there.

I was one of the fans who said I was okay with letting him walk because of that 4th year so I'm as guilty as Benning on this one lol

Reactions: mathonwy

Ruthervin

Jul 30, 2022
Seattle
It is freaking hilarious. I'm just let down. My spirit is utterly crushed. Never felt this low even with Benning as a GM lol.
I'm still waiting to pass judgement on this team until we've had a home stand. So far as of this writing, we just had a rough road trip. Lets see what this home stand looks like and see if the boys can build on getting a point for the past two straight games. Minnesota has gotten off to a rough start, but they are one of the better teams in the league.......and we got a point off of them on our 4th game in 6th night.

Baby Pettersson

Mar 8, 2014
Saskatoon
This is 100% not a coaching problem, yes, he deserves criticism for his overtime choices, but this core has been doing this for a year after year, there’s something seriously wrong with the dressing room, multiple reports about this now, I’m buying into it.

Man, I would love to be a fly on the wall in the dressing room
Again the look on their faces at the end of the game says alot. Literally looks like they stopped caring. Something is rotten in that room.

Canucks LB

Oct 12, 2008
Canucks really need to win the next two home games, or the noise going to get much louder

Reactions: geebaan

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Fire coaches in back to back years? Yeah not happening, it’s not the coach. The players for some f***ing reason cannot get their heads out their own asses.

I’m as frustrated as the rest of y’all but damn, a win would’ve changed my mood. They just need that first win.
It's not a matter of getting their heads out of their asses....

The facts:
Hughes sucks on D.
Boeser is a replacement level forward.
Miller is a winger being forced into a top 6 C role.
This team lacks puck moving D.
This team also lacks defensive D.

All this is masked when we get .920 SV% goaltending.

This team was massively flawed and it becomes more evident when we get average goaltending.

Reactions: December5th

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad