GDT: Canucks @ Hawks 10/22/24 7:15 CHSN

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Here is Seth Jone seeing a Vancouver forward crashing the net, and deciding it wasn't worth him trying to contest it.

1729717049372.png

Goal #4, two seconds after Seth let his man crash the net without resistance, now holding his stick up in the f***ing air, as his check bangs a rebound off his goalie's pads. What's f***ing amazing is he was actually in a position to stick lift and tie Pettersson up, but decided to move his stick to THE OTHER SIDE of him. This one is truly mind boggling.
1729716995796.png

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
I was in the airport a few years ago flying back from Vegas or Cancun or somewhere.

1) I saw OJ Simpson on the boarding line which was insane. People were rushing up to go say hi to him.

2) spent about 30 minutes talking to this guy in his 50’s from Boston who was a huge hockey fan. Played and coached a ton. We were talking about Seth Jones and I mentioned I was excited to have him. He went on and on about how terrible of a Dman he was and I didn’t believe him. He was saying just watch him play and pay attention to all the little things he does or doesn’t do, he sucks.

Didn’t believe him at the time but as someone who was really optimistic about Seth Jones being here I gotta say he’s been pretty disappointing. We have a semi-solid d core now and Mrazek isn’t a completely terrible goalie. At some point Jones has to step up and play like a 1D. If not now then when? What’s he waiting for? His cap hit is way too high and term way too long for this mediocre at best output from him.

deytookerjaabs

Johnny Paycheck's Tank Advisor
Sep 26, 2010
Eastern Shore
Before the Jones trade it was certainly discussed by some of us who didn't want him here.... He was never at the level of carrying a team from the back end game to game. His best is when his team is firing on all cylinders and it always has been. You watch those games it's like "oh wow this guy can play" but then day to day he never brought that anywhere near a consistent level in the regular season in Columbus/Nashville. I mean, not just inconsistent but a large amount of flat out stinkers in the mix too, maybe less in Nashville.

One thing is for sure, our fundamental team game from the forwards is better this year than it was in Seth's first few years here so you'd think he'd be able to elevate play during the bad games but, again, it's like that same thing of he raises his game when the team raises theirs.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Here is Seth Jone seeing a Vancouver forward crashing the net, and deciding it wasn't worth him trying to contest it.

View attachment 920630
Goal #4, two seconds after Seth let his man crash the net without resistance, now holding his stick up in the f***ing air, as his check bangs a rebound off his goalie's pads. What's f***ing amazing is he was actually in a position to stick lift and tie Pettersson up, but decided to move his stick to THE OTHER SIDE of him. This one is truly mind boggling.
View attachment 920629
#1Dman though.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Before the Jones trade it was certainly discussed by some of us who didn't want him here.... He was never at the level of carrying a team from the back end game to game. His best is when his team is firing on all cylinders and it always has been. You watch those games it's like "oh wow this guy can play" but then day to day he never brought that anywhere near a consistent level in the regular season in Columbus/Nashville. I mean, not just inconsistent but a large amount of flat out stinkers in the mix too, maybe less in Nashville.

One thing is for sure, our fundamental team game from the forwards is better this year than it was in Seth's first few years here so you'd think he'd be able to elevate play during the bad games but, again, it's like that same thing of he raises his game when the team raises theirs.
good point that if two teams dont invest in a top 5 pick long term at a premium valued position that there might be reasons why, and given the aav in particular bowman really gave the team zero margin of safety in that deal if seth continued to be good but not great, 9.5 was excessive and a nmc to boot

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad