GDT: Canucks @ Hawks 10/22/24 7:15 CHSN

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014
I think the Diff is last year. when we lose 6-3 the shots would be 40 them 20 us. the Diff for most of that game was better PP and goaltending by canucks and a few plays 7 men and the offside that did not go our way. Last year teams killled us 5 Vs 5 as well. Also we want to be more competitive but we still could use one more top 5 drafted forward if we really feel like competiting for playoffs in a few years. Reichel seems to be seeing some progress. Vlasic still is our best D and Soderbloom has been fine.

shakes the clown

Jan 11, 2010
Chicago
I've seen enough of Foligno on Bedard's line. He's f***ing terrible. TT isn't smart enough to play with Bedard either, but unfortunately he's the best option we have.

Loved it when Bedard took that intentional offsides because TT had his head down and wasn't looking for him. No way that wasn't on purpose.

Reactions: GIADF

GIADF

Not A Mod
Aug 17, 2024
I'm not worried about the lack of goals from Bedard coming eventually, but I will say it's still disappointing to only see 1 goal through 7 games.

tyhee

Feb 5, 2015

And let's not forget that Richardson, for a 7th overall pick, is a colossal bust.
I think a bust is a highly drafted player who never develops into an NHL regular, not merely someone who wasn't as good as one would anticipate from his draft position.

To me someone who played 1,417 regular season NHL games, almost all as a regular and who on one occasion led his team in minutes played in a playoff game with over 35 minutes played (in a 78 minute game*) is definitely not a bust.

Certainly he wasn't a scorer, but as a defensive player under the rules as they were called during most of his career he was pretty effective.

* 2000-01 Eastern Conference Quarter-Finals Game 2, Buffalo Sabres vs. Philadelphia Flyers Box Score: April 14, 2001 | Hockey-Reference.com

Reactions: statswatcher

Clownish

Jan 1, 2014
Foligno talking about what he's talking about post game, when the first goal is him making a beer league level mistake(throwing the puck blindly up the wall on the breakout), rings pretty f***ing hollow.
Of course, HF Hawks will ignore the fact that Bedard flew the zone all the way to center ice on the first goal. Where did the play go? Right up the center of the ice! Everyone wants accountability and for people who make mistakes to sit, he's done that quite often and at best it leads to more digging out of their own zone and at worst, the first goal of the game on an easy skate up the slot.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
This is probably the best thing to happen. We will learn what we need to know about Richardson and we can go get Cooper at end of season.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Of course, HF Hawks will ignore the fact that Bedard flew the zone all the way to center ice on the first goal. Where did the play go? Right up the center of the ice! Everyone wants accountability and for people who make mistakes to sit, he's done that quite often and at best it leads to more digging out of their own zone and at worst, the first goal of the game on an easy skate up the slot.
It was first live game I was at, there were a few chances, but Bedard mostly sucked last night. Lots of stupid blind passes that were just dead giveaways too.

Beukeboom Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Chicago, IL
Visit site
Several times? lol. It was two seasons with Philly. That's it.

Their defense in the playoffs the season they went to the conference finals:

Eric Desjardins
Chris Therian
Luke Richardson
Dan McGillis
Andy Delmore
Adam Burt
Mark Eaton

I mean, f***ing lol

He was a plug.
Any Elmore. (No D) Have not heard that name in a long time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad