Rumor: Canucks Exploring Tyler Myers Trade Value

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
someone will get him. get picks and decent players back? would help with the cap situation even more.

PettersonHughes

Aug 26, 2020
If Hamonic and Poolman have no trade value but Myers does, then yes we ought to trade Chaos Giraffe.

OEL - Hamonic
Hughes - Schenn
(puck-mover LD) - Poolman

Reactions: Laus723

JoeSakic13

May 30, 2013
San Francisco
I’m sure he has some value, but I can’t imagine it’s worth trading him for magic beans unless you have prospects who are unable to crack the lineup because of him.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Honestly, if he was 4 million not 6 million, he would be perfectly paid.

He is pretty good, he’s just over paid unfortunately, if there’s a team that does not mind paying a bit more, or maybe give a $2 million player back in the trade, it makes sense to target him

Feb 19, 2018
He brings a bit of everything to the table and would bring a ton of size to a team who is playoff bound. I could see scenarios where a team like NYR offer up Trouba with some retention in order to get out of the term from him and allow Schneider to take over. Washington I could see as another team interested in Myers or even the Penguins with some familiarity between our management. I’m sure the Canucks would have plenty of options if they chose to go that route. I’d personally take Trouba and his term if they took Myers and retained 1.5/2 million on him. He would look great with Hughes or OEL, obviously NTC/NMC etc would come into play.

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
I feel like Anaheim is the logical trade partner if they deal away Lindholm and/or Manson first. They trade away UFA(s) if they aren't going to sign, and replace them with Myers who probably wouldn't cost a lot in trade value

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Honestly, if he was 4 million not 6 million, he would be perfectly paid.

He is pretty good, he’s just over paid unfortunately, if there’s a team that does not mind paying a bit more, or maybe give a $2 million player back in the trade, it makes sense to target him
The only way it happens if the Canucks retain at least $2m in salary or would be willing to accept a 'cap dump' from another team. So no way anything happens

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
omg yes, clear everyone but hughes out for anything and rebuild the blueline from scratch

what is the 2022 equivalent of

2nd —> lumme

4th —> diduck

brian bradley —> tom kurvers —> babych

ronnie stern and kevan guy —> murzyn?

Reactions: TropicOfNoReturn

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Wouldn't Myers have negative value? If he was a coming UFA I could see a playoff team adding him (Canuck’s retain) for a pick/prospect, but he’s got term left.

common12

Sep 10, 2011
He brings a bit of everything to the table and would bring a ton of size to a team who is playoff bound. I could see scenarios where a team like NYR offer up Trouba with some retention in order to get out of the term from him and allow Schneider to take over. Washington I could see as another team interested in Myers or even the Penguins with some familiarity between our management. I’m sure the Canucks would have plenty of options if they chose to go that route. I’d personally take Trouba and his term if they took Myers and retained 1.5/2 million on him. He would look great with Hughes or OEL, obviously NTC/NMC etc would come into play.

As a Ranger fan there is zero chance this happens. Trouba has been great for us and the Rangers arent downgrading to Myers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad