Post-Game Talk: Canucks def. Sens - 6-2 (Pearson, Motte, Schenn, Horvat, Chiasson, Miller)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Jimnastic

Canucks Diehard
Nov 13, 2017
Sydney
Well, I won't say I told you so, but...I told you so.6 - 2 fit where the two teams are at. Canucks showing signs of life. Ottawa just collapsed when they were down. At one point shots on goal 11 - 9 in Ottawa's favour if I remember correctly. So we outshot them 26 - 10 for the rest of the game, say 45 minutes. Two wins against two weak teams, but it is a step in the right direction.

Keep going boys. Now for a run of games against good teams.

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
The players seem to like playing for him, that’s worth something. Doesn’t seem like they’ve thrown in the towel.
Team never really "threw the towel" under Willie Desjardins. Team just was overmatched talent-wise and/or too old at the time (I'm talking about years 2 & 3 under Willie). Well that, and the old "1-2-3-4".:naughty:

Reactions: Orca Smash

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
No, it’s not a “bare minimum”, a lot of coaches are real a**holes, see Babcock for one.

Players too, like Marchand.

This actually applies to everything in real life - if you're an asshole, all you need is the talent and the competence to back it up. Steve Jobs was a real asshole too. When you're that successful, being nice is no longer required. Of course, this is kind of an asshole's perspective. I do also note, however, that the amount of talent/competence required to balance out assholery grows at an exponential rate. And if you continue to be a bigger and bigger asshole, at some point no amount of money/talent will make people tolerate your shit, and that's when the Jenga tower falls.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Well, I won't say I told you so, but...I told you so.6 - 2 fit where the two teams are at. Canucks showing signs of life. Ottawa just collapsed when they were down. At one point shots on goal 11 - 9 in Ottawa's favour if I remember correctly. So we outshot them 26 - 10 for the rest of the game, say 45 minutes. Two wins against two weak teams, but it is a step in the right direction.

"I told you so" after two wins against two of the worst and most pathetic teams in the NHL? The bar's this low now?

I guess that's what happens when Dim Jim decided to f*** the bar and throw it into the middle of the Pacific ocean.

moog35

Jul 25, 2007
"I told you so" after two wins against two of the worst and most pathetic teams in the NHL? The bar's this low now?

I guess that's what happens when Dim Jim decided to f*** the bar and throw it into the middle of the Pacific ocean.
A win is a win

Nomobo

Feb 20, 2015
Victoria
Players too, like Marchand.

This actually applies to everything in real life - if you're an asshole, all you need is the talent and the competence to back it up. Steve Jobs was a real asshole too. When you're that successful, being nice is no longer required. Of course, this is kind of an asshole's perspective. I do also note, however, that the amount of talent/competence required to balance out assholery grows at an exponential rate. And if you continue to be a bigger and bigger asshole, at some point no amount of money/talent will make people tolerate your shit, and that's when the Jenga tower falls.
I agree that you can be a a**hole, as long as things are going relatively well, you’ll get away with it When things go south and you’re still a dick, that’s when your people bail on you, more often than not.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
A win is a win

League does not hand out participation trophies, sorry.

Also, how many wins do we have over the last 10 games? My memory, again, is rather fuzzy.

How many times did the team make playoffs in the last 8 years?

How about all the other questions you said you'd answer but then went silent for?

Come on professor, educate us.

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018

You told us this would be the best season since 2014-15.

Told you so? Lol

Nomobo

Feb 20, 2015
Victoria
Team never really "threw the towel" under Willie Desjardins. Team just was overmatched talent-wise and/or too old at the time (I'm talking about years 2 & 3 under Willie). Well that, and the old "1-2-3-4".:naughty:
True. However, this team shouldn’t be overmatched the way it has been so far. This roster, while flawed, should be putting up more points. When was the last time a Canuck team threw in the towel? The Keenan days?

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
I try to forget those days. Shock therapy didn't work.:naughty:

close-enough

Reactions: Hit the post

Scorvat

Mar 17, 2015
I'd like to remind everyone because it was brought up all the time last season that Ottawa is coming back from a major covid outbreak and instead of getting 3-4 weeks of cancellations they only got about 12 days or something

Scorvat

Mar 17, 2015
These two wins feel as bad as the three Cali wins at the end of the season.

meh its a long season and the Canucks are not a true talent 50 point team. We are going to win more often then we have so far, it's really hard to get worse results then we have had so far.

If we win something like 5/9 in that tough stretch in January that would be a more apt comparison

moog35

Jul 25, 2007
League does not hand out participation trophies, sorry.

Also, how many wins do we have over the last 10 games? My memory, again, is rather fuzzy.

How many times did the team make playoffs in the last 8 years?

How about all the other questions you said you'd answer but then went silent for?

Come on professor, educate us.
I’m posting in a GDT about a big win. Did they win tonight or not?

lawrence

May 19, 2012
I'm personally happy for the group. It's pretty sad, on one hand you want them to lose, on the other hand you feel bad for the players and they want to win. I'm glad Quinn had a strong game. for Petey I guess a power play point is still better than 0 points. We also can't lose em all, and I don't see us out tanking Ottawa.

Reactions: bh53 and mossey3535

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad