Post-Game Talk: Canucks def. Golden Knights - 5-1 (Boeser, Miller, Pettersson, Kuzmenko, Horvat)

Status
Not open for further replies.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Mikheyev actually has very good IQ. It's his hands and finish that could be better...

I thought he had an uncharacteristically quiet game today though. Didn't really notice him at all. Almost wondered if he was even playing at some points...

Though part of that is probably Pettersson just hogging the spotlight every time he touched the ice basically.

Oliewud

May 13, 2013
There was some uncertainty about Pettersson and he's completely that down. His play this season has been nothing short of amazing.

Thought Pods had a good game as well. Lot's of hustle. The whole team played like they actually know how to play hockey

Podkolzin did not play

Reactions: JT Milker

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
I could be way off base here, but I think it will help Demko to know that Spencer Martin is helping out the team.

He will get his game back, knowing that.

Yeah. Hopefully seeing Martin kind of run with it here, takes some of the pressure off Demko to get back to form. Let him just work his way back and earn the net back.

Reactions: Canuckle1970

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Started watching after we went up by 4. Solid game after...biggest difference though was goaltending. Good to also see this team capitalizing off a tired Vegas team.

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
Probably one of the better games for Myers and OEL. and when that happens the canucks defense is decent.

offense continues to roll, and ever since Miller has been with Bo, our top 2 lines have scored consistently.

Good to see Joshua get a good fight in, he's a much better player than your typical 4th line goon. But he needed to establish that the canucks have some pushback.

Really wanted Garland to land something damaging on marchessault.

Martin continues to win, those big saves early on in the 1st was critical.

Petey is dominating both sides of the puck and Hughes is picking up apples like its nothing.
You forgot the obligatory Boeser point

Reactions: Grip it N RYP it

RutherPlan

Jan 2, 2022
When Pettersson plays like he did today, he's a top 5 player in the league. His defensive skill and awareness is top notch. Making a sliding left kick save on an empty net should cement that play in NHL history.

Reactions: MarkusNaslund19

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
Been in Mexico for two weeks, what a nice one to sit down to.

Martin has been getting the job done. I think he made the saves he was supposed to, and that's something that has been missing from the team before the recent spate of wins.

Overall he plays too aggressively and too low for me. He's also given up lots of goals despite his record with a lot of run support. If he were to become the long term starter it would probably get seriously exposed with scouting the next season but that isn't going to happen in the first place.

bbud

Sep 10, 2008
BC
Yeah good luck with that.
We still rely on god like goaltender performances in order to have a chance at winning games
Tonight it wasnt that way Vegas for most part didn't get tons of great chances and lots of just position saves team d did a good job tonight that really helps a goalie

Reactions: Nomobo

mriswith

Oct 12, 2011
I love beating Vegas, such a salty team. Best news of the season is Pettersson's wrist seems 100% - he's taking faceoffs again and playing assertively again - and with that he's picking up where he left off in his 2nd year as a monstrous two way player.

Reactions: quat and bbud
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad