Post-Game Talk: Canucks def. Golden Knights - 5-1 (Boeser, Miller, Pettersson, Kuzmenko, Horvat)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
WHEN: November 26th, 7:00PM PST
WHERE: T-Mobile Arena, Las Vegas, NV, USA
TV: CBC & Sportsnet Pacific
RADIO: Sportsnet 650

Canucks Line-Up:

Miller-Horvat-Hoglander
Kuzmenko-Pettersson-Mikheyev
Garland-Dries-Boeser
Joshua-Åman-Lazar

Hughes-Schenn
OEL-Bear
Burroughs-Myers

Martin

Golden Knights Line-Up:

Stephenson - Eichel - Stone
Marchessault - Karlsson - Smith
Carrier - Roy - Kolesar
Cotter - Amadio - Kessel

Martinez - Pietrangelo
McNabb - Theodore
Hague - Whitecloud

Thompson

Last edited:

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
Vegas has more than twice as many wins.
That should be enough of a eulogy.

The team was never going to lose them all.
But neither are other teams.

EP is increasing his next contract value every game now. His line looks to be the #1 next year if not now.

Horvat has pushed his value closer to 9 than 7 million

Vegas has no favourites. They play like a machine, a part breaks they just insert a similar part or trade for one, somehow.

Vegas should win.

Reactions: Grantham

Play

Time to play the game
Nov 12, 2021
Russia
Canucks will lose this one

MY HEART IS WITH VANCOUVER, BUT VEGAS WILL WIN THIS ONE

edit*
Canucks win this one, Pettersson picks up a couple

Last edited:

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Canucks should have won that last game against Vegas, and hopefully come out with the mindset of redeeming themselves tonight....In order to compete in the division, they have to be able to consistently knock off teams within it.

Martin starts tonight (he's our #1 goalie).

Hopefully the players behaved themselves the last couple of days, and are focussed for this one.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Any word on the starter in net?......Is it another shot by Demko for redemption, or do they go with Martin? First of a back-to-back.....short turnaround in San Jose on Sunday afternoon.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
I’d start Demko tonight. He has a strong history against Vegas, a solid performance against them could get him going too.

Go back to Martin tomorrow

Reactions: biturbo19

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
It makes sense because we have won with Martin but he’s only been marginally better stats wise.

We have still given up 3+ goals in 18/20 games this season.

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
I'm good with the Martin start. He's looked better to me. Although Demko has the history against Vegas.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Martin makes a lot of sense. Go with the more confident of goalies and give Demko the easier of the two. The downside is the Canucks will be tired tomorrow (it’s a bit of an earlier game) so Demko won’t be getting the Canucks at their most rested.

Play

Time to play the game
Nov 12, 2021
Russia
Martin makes a lot of sense. Go with the more confident of goalies and give Demko the easier of the two. The downside is the Canucks will be tired tomorrow (it’s a bit of an earlier game) so Demko won’t be getting the Canucks at their most rested.
Agreed but in actuality I think that worry is just the hockey fan in us which will always critique any scenario.

I'm okay with that. Demko needs an easier game to get his confidence back.
Erik Karlsson will surely help

Play

Time to play the game
Nov 12, 2021
Russia
It makes sense because we have won with Martin but he’s only been marginally better stats wise.

We have still given up 3+ goals in 18/20 games this season.
Stats wise? Lol come on , Peen. (I say kindly)

Kevinsane

Kraken up.
Apr 11, 2022
Dawson Creek, BC
Podkolzin is not going to become a better player sitting in the press box.
Send him to Abbotsford and give him big minutes.
I do not understand this team’s player development strategy, unless it’s to draft first rounders and wait til they can be traded for second rounders.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Canucks should have won that last game against Vegas, and hopefully come out with the mindset of redeeming themselves tonight....In order to compete in the division, they have to be able to consistently knock off teams within it.

Martin starts tonight (he's our #1 goalie).

Hopefully the players behaved themselves the last couple of days, and are focussed for this one.
...They should have won? They were awful and outclassed. It was luck that they were even in the game at all.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
I’d start Demko tonight. He has a strong history against Vegas, a solid performance against them could get him going too.

Go back to Martin tomorrow

Yeah. I probably would've gone with this approach personally. But i can't really fault going the other way with it. Martin has earned the net for the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad