Rumor: Canucks confirm that Zadorov will be hitting the market on July 1

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

lawrence

May 19, 2012
a 5 million dollar player in Vancouver is making less than a 5 million player in a random US State.

our management has known this for a while, this is why in the past players considered the extra taxes of playing in Vancouver. For example, I think Joshua would have settled for 3 million if it was US market but due to extra tax it became 3.25.

now that said, Zadarov is an awesome player for certain things and is extremely effective against certain types of teams. however, I don't few him as a top 4 dman, never did when we got him. Flames fans were telling us something we already knew. he wasn't a top 4 guy, wasn't one than wasnt one after the playoffs either. 5 million for 3rd line pairing is just too much, and I love Zaddy, and I wish him the best.

It doesn't matter how much space we have. we could have 25 million in cap room right now, wether its 14 million of 25 million. Alvin already said he's not going to overpay a player. in this case, we will never know what was Vancouvers final offer vs what was Zadarov asking from the Canucks. Either way hes gone, im kinda sad. I am. but I don't want to overpay for a player also.

notsocommonsense

Apr 24, 2013
Yeah, my guess on his UFA deal is 5M per for 6 years. If I was Zadaorov I would sign that deal from Vancouver. 4.75X4? Not a chance.
Fair enough. Big Z is well within his rights to test the market and as a Nucks fan who’ll miss him, no ill will towards him.

Absolutely love what Allvin is doing. We’ve seen what happens when you overpay depth players here, and it’s not pretty. Allvin has already had a very good offseason

Last edited:

lawrence

May 19, 2012
And the Canucks had a legit shot to win the cup as a result. I don't think anyone has an issue with what they paid.
I don't understand them laughing at us for trading a 1st round pick to bolster our line up for a cup chase. We werent the only team to do this. This is a positive sign that we are on the right track, of course we didn't win it. only 1 team is gonna win the cup, does it mean sit on our ass? in hindsight I wish the Canucks in 2011 actually traded schroeder and the 1st round pick in 2011 to bolster our line up even more. Calgary is trending differently, they stock piling picks, canucks trying to win now, will trade young players to make a push. Nothing wrong with what they are doing.

Fulham

Jan 6, 2015
This is exactly the contract you don't sign. The Canucks milked great value out of Zadorov.

He isn't the player we saw in the playoffs over 82 games on a mid team.
Yet good for him, he will be paid like it.

I feel like he is a bro, and he knows he will get paid. Good for him!

but looking at it analytically as a fan its a horrible idea to sign him long term. The team that will get the best out of him is the one he's traded too with heavy retention lol.

Reactions: BluesyShoes

eviohh26

Dec 19, 2017
Victoria BC Canada
This is exactly the contract you don't sign. The Canucks milked great value out of Zadorov.

He isn't the player we saw in the playoffs over 82 games on a mid team.
Yet good for him, he will be paid like it.

I feel like he is a bro, and he knows he will get paid. Good for him!

but looking at it analytically as a fan its a horrible idea to sign him long term. The team that will get the best out of him is the one he's traded too with heavy retention lol.
I feel some teams can afford the contract. But the Canucks cannot. I really liked him but I cant justify paying top dollar. He is a good player for what he brings. I don't have a clue how he will age .

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
This is his big payday. He should see if he can trick a team into giving him that second pairing money/role. For a rebuilder in desperate need of competent blue liners with cap to spare, it wouldn’t be the worst idea. But it would be the worst idea for a contender.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad