Confirmed with Link: Canucks announce Development Camp Roster

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
I'm stoked to see Romani come in and light it up. If he was born two months later, he'd have been a mid-late first round pick. Outscored all D+1 players in the OHL from the 2023 draft. I think several teams will regret passing on him.

For context, he is younger than both Dalibor Dvorsky and Quentin Musty (two 1st round picks last year) and his 1.63 ppg is almost on par with Dvorsky's production.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: AlainVigneaultsGum

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
I said this already in the prospects thread but the most interesting invite is Benjamin Brunelle, a 6’5 2005-born player who scored 41 ES points in the Q last year. Plus skater, looking at clips.

I can think of like 30 WHL guys I’d like to take a closer look at and it’s always disappointing that instead we get heaps of pointless NCAA guys who can’t even sign anywhere for years.

May 31, 2006
I said this already in the prospects thread but the most interesting invite is Benjamin Brunelle, a 6’5 2005-born player who scored 41 ES points in the Q last year. Plus skater, looking at clips.

I can think of like 30 WHL guys I’d like to take a closer look at and it’s always disappointing that instead we get heaps of pointless NCAA guys who can’t even sign anywhere for years.
Callum Hughes looks somewhat interesting. He’s the only 2006 born undrafted invite and was ranked #99 among NA skaters. Had ok numbers as a BCHL rookie coming out of a U16 high school league. Playing in BU next year with Willander.

Wouldn’t have been horrified if we had used a 7th rounder on him.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lindgren

Nuckler

May 7, 2013
Looking at the forwards, I would have liked them to invite Alex zetterberg. Kid from this draft, really small but has plus skating and shot. Almost a poor man's caulfield. Swing for the upside

thefeebster

Mar 13, 2009
Vancouver
Anyone know if tomorrow’s scrimmage is open to the public? Haven’t been able to find anything anywhere, save for an ‘I think so’ from Jeff Paterson.
I’ve complained about this for a few years in a row, just pure lack of communication. I’m starting to believe it’s intentional rather than incompetence or laziness.

But I think it’ll be open. Someone here said it was open on Tuesday so Thursday shouldn’t be different. I’ll be heading there for the scrimmage. Hopefully the rink is dog friendly, as I’m fostering atm.

ameselare

Mar 30, 2024
vancouver
I’ve complained about this for a few years in a row, just pure lack of communication. I’m starting to believe it’s intentional rather than incompetence or laziness.

But I think it’ll be open. Someone here said it was open on Tuesday so Thursday shouldn’t be different. I’ll be heading there for the scrimmage. Hopefully the rink is dog friendly, as I’m fostering atm.
It is definitely intentional imo

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Camp observers are raving about Wilander......his skating skills are off the charts....and his hands are rapidly catching up with his feet.

Another year at Boston U, but I wonder if there's a chance he bypasses Abbotsford altogether? Canucks are still short of puck-handling and breakout d-men, particularly on the right side.

gameface

May 30, 2004
Maple Ridge, BC

Thank you. Think my brother and I may take a chance. We’ll look for a guy with a dog. Our current pup is a rescue from Endless Pawsabilities, and I have a ton of time for both the pups and the kind souls who foster them.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Camp observers are raving about Wilander......his skating skills are off the charts....and his hands are rapidly catching up with his feet.

Another year at Boston U, but I wonder if there's a chance he bypasses Abbotsford altogether? Canucks are still short of puck-handling and breakout d-men, particularly on the right side.

He’s never going to play a shift in Abbotsford.

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
I really wish we could've signed Willander this year and let him attend our training camp. If he's ready this year it could've mitigated the need to make a move on defence at the deadline.

Fedz

Sponsor
Jul 18, 2003
Behind the Bench
Anyone know if tomorrow’s scrimmage is open to the public? Haven’t been able to find anything anywhere, save for an ‘I think so’ from Jeff Paterson.

Historically the building hasn't been closed. I am also looking into going but trying to finalize. All I can find is the 11am-12pm comment from Faber in the canucks.com article.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad